“A great New Years Eve party and stay 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bradford Road, Bingley, Bradford BD16 1TU, England   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bingley
england
“A great New Years Eve party and stay 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We booked for hotel's White Tie and Tiara party for New Years Eve and it all happened last night. We had a great night. The hotel room (a Classic) was spacious, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was pleasant if a little dated but the bathtub was very long, I could nearly lay out flat in it and I'm 5'10, it was lovely and with lashings of hot water.

We had a room overlooking the fields and the road but the fields and the hills above gave a pleasant outlook (room 142) it was at the very end of the corridor so only neighbour on one side but it was quiet by the time we went to bed, but having said that it was New Years eve so it was well after 1 a.m. when we finally retired.

The party was great, lots of fun, and although we were a table for two we werent shoved in a corner as often happens at these sort of events, the tables for 2 were right at the front at the edge of the dance floor which was great for us. The DJ could have been better with the flow of his music but he did have us up there having a boogie many times.

The 5 course dinner was quite good but they may have been a little ambitious with some of the offerings, the goats cheese tart starter was a bit of a non starter I'm afraid but the rest was quite good.

Comfortable and quiet sleep and breakfast (which was fabulous) was being served til 12 noon which was very considerate. Would recommend this and we'll probably book for next year.

Room Tip: A quiet room with a half decent view is room 142
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, it is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the New Years Eve event, I will ensure your feedback regarding the evening is taken into consideration as we begin to plan for next year!

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again on the near future.

Emily Cox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I work in the area throughout the week, and have stayed in a variety of local hotels - I wish I'd picked the Mercure from the start. I haven't needed to use the restaurant as I work long hours and tend to eat at my workplace, but the room's have been clean, comfortable and peaceful with everything a business guest is likely to need. Wifi could be faster, but it's free which is better than offered by some other local hotels. For the price range, this really is the best option by far. I imagine that I'll be staying here during the week for the duration of my contract.

Room Tip: I've been advised that rooms in the new block (where I stayed) are better than those in the old...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that we meet your needs and expectations.

I will ensure your feedback is reviewed with the team as we seek further ways to continue to make improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Skipton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our company Christmas Party was held at this hotel on Saturday and whilst the evening was enjoyed by all there were some surprising issues but first , the good points. The bedrooms were pleasant and very reasonably priced for bed & breakfast. The Hotel itself was full of character and the reception was swift and efficient when checking in. On the evening the photo booth was good fun and well organised and the DJ kept the dance floor bouncing all night. The food served on the evening was generally well received and served hot which is not easy when you consider that there were two parties in two rooms totalling what must have been around 300 people. All in all a good party, however, the bars, especially before everyone went into the party rooms were inadequately staffed and long queues quickly formed. More surprisingly, the bar in our party ran out of vodka before 9.00pm, one of the beers was unavailable and apparently other spirits were also out of stock by the end of the night. Surely a hotel that hosts Christmas parties for that many people should not run out of alcohol in its bars.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay and Christmas party. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the evening and I will ensure your feedback is reviewed with the team.

I can only apologize for the service in the bars, it was a very busy weekend and despite planning, ordering and staffing to the best of our ability we unfortunately under estimated the level of demand. I would like to assure you that we have now reviewed this issue and have implemented direct action to ensure no future repetition.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed there for my friend's wedding, but there was just problem after problem. The heating was broke in our room which after asking was still not fixed. Staff were impossible to find when you needed them. A week after I stayed I discovered that they had taken £50 out of my account without my permission or knowledge, for something I did not order. The thing that was ordered was paid for by one of the people I was sharing with and they are now insisting it was not paid for and now saying we never checked out, refusing to give my money back for something I never bought and calling me a liar is not acceptable, you couldn't pay me to stay there again after all the problems we had and are still having even after our stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 263 unless you like arctic conditions.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed to hear that there were some issues with your billing and your room.

I can only apologize for the temperature in the room in which you stayed, the problem required an external contractor to correct the issue which unfortunately we were unable to provide during your stay.

I am also very sorry that you feel the payment on your account was not handled correctly. As previously discussed if you would contact the hotel with the receipt of payment for the order then we will certainly arrange the refund for you. As a standard we do ask guests to pre-authorize a credit card to guarantee payment for all additional extras charged to the room account, this authorization is then charged for the total amount which is confirmed with our guests upon check out.

Once again I can only apologize that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely

Gainsborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed there one night in October. Plenty of car park space, reception was slick and staff very helpful.
The room was fine and clean and the bed comfortable. I did not use the restaurant therefore cannot comment however breakfast was well presented and very nice.
Check out was efficient with very polite and helpful staff.
I would certainly use it again if I was in the area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

I am pleased to hear that we met your expectations, I will ensure your comments regarding the team are discussed and reviewed with the team as I am sure your comments will be motivational as we continue to make improvements to our service and standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Emily Cox

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!