“Terrific value for money!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bingley, United Kingdom
“Terrific value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I have visited Five Rise Locks Hotel many times over the years especially with friends, this December (2011) we ate there on three occasions.
The meals were absolutely wonderful and make the AA rosette a very justified award. Presentation was superb and the food cooked to perfection. Portion sizes were just right, not too small to leave one unsatisfied yet not overfacing - and it's always worth having plenty of room for a dessert!
The service was efficient and friendly without being over fussy. The wine list has a very good selection at very reasonable prices.
As this is a very convenient place for us and our friends we're delighted that it is such good value that we don't have to think before booking a table.
Looking forward to lots more visits in 2012!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Befordshire
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Plenty of choice for a small hotel. I loved the scallops with fried courgette & chorizo (starter). The venison was perfectly cooked and not too strong. The rump of lamb was superb and the honey-glazed vegetables were excellent.

Visited December 2011
“Food appalling!.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I had visited this place once before for a family do and wasn't too impressed with the food, however when I heard that there was another family do was planned there I was sceptical but thought I'd give it a go!. Worse decision ever! The supposed pate was like a bad mans slop! They should have bought in from the co op. When I asked for my rump steak medium rare, I received a well done piece of frying steak with greasy chips cooked in old disgusting oil, the taste was vile! I couldn't eat any of my food and contemplated not paying, however I did not want to cause a scene so I payed anyway. These people will carry on serving horrible food which you wouldn't even expect to pay for in a greasy cafe! Service not that good with and certainly no service with a smile

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nantwich
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We visited the Five Rise Locks Hotel and Restaurant for Sunday lunch, and were very pleasantly surprised. It's in a quiet location, with views across the Aire valley.

The food was good and the cost was £14.50 for 3 courses, which we thought was excellent value for money.

Best of all was the service, which was attentive without being obtrusive.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire
“Great food in a quiet backwater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

For a late mother's day treat we didn't want to travel far and found this restaurant, part of the hotel and were pleasantly surprised we hadn't heard of it before. Great choice on the menu, beautifully presented and cooked and we thought good value for money (we went in happy hour -between 6.30-7.30pm) The staff were very accomodating and would definately make another visit. The place was within a residential area and so very quiet but with good views across the valley.

• Visited April 2011