“Another fine establishment ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bay Horse Inn at Roughlee is in an ideal 'destination pub'. This country inn provides a spacious mix of modern comforts with traditional features and values. Our culinary team have created a selection of menus which reflect the quality and attention to detail that we strive for and you would expect from a top class establishment. Food at The Bay Horse Inn is cooked fresh on the premises here in Roughlee using the finest local ingredients, prepared to the highest of standards, providing the ultimate in gastro dining. Combine all of this with top quality country inn hospitality and you will find The Bay Horse Inn at Roughlee is the obvious venue for all occasions. We now welcome dogs in our bar and lounge areas.
barrowford
“Another fine establishment ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was our second visit to this fabulous venue. It's so nice to have another place to dine & enjoy in the pendle area. The place is so welcoming, clean & contemporary with a nice amount of locals to make it feel neighbourly.

We had our main courses (one rump of lamb & lobster special) both were presented beautifully & cooked perfectly. The service was excellent, as it had been on out previous visit, plenty of check ups & always available to take a drinks order. They have a really nice team.

The pendle area is spoilt with lovely places and this is another welcome addition. Highly recommend.

Manchester
“Great food in fab surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was taken here by a friend as a treat for some work I had done for him so there was 2 couples dining and what an amazing experience it was. I’ve read some of the more recent reviews and quite frankly I don’t know where they’re coming from. Where do you get oversized portions these days? I suggest you try a few cafes on Burnley Market if that is what you want!!

We each had starters and mains which was more than sufficient and the sizes of the portions were perfect. The prices were reflective of the quality of the food on offer and in every way offered value for money. We also drank some of the best red wine I have ever had and again it wasn’t expensive.

Credit must also go to the people who designed the interior as it is an amazing restaurant to sit in and the bar area is equally striking.

Finally, I’d like to single Neil out for personal praise as he was very efficient at what he does and attentive without going over the top like you find at some restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barrowford, United Kingdom
“VALENTINES DAY MEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I expected the food and the service to be as proffesional and outstanding as always after re-opening and I was not dissapointed.
Being from the local area, myself and my partner travel to many local establishments to dine or just take sometime out of the village of Barrowford.
I heard a rumour that an ex manager of another local pub was taking over the bay horse inn at roughlee so we decided to give it a try as we knew the kind of service and hospitality the manager provided.

My fiance was not dissapointed at all. The food was outstanding. We ordered a starter and a main meal. All which came to the table in reasonable time, which you expect when ordering fresh food made to order.

With plenty to choose from and a great drinks list. I have no hesitation to take the time out and write a review (which i usually don't). I think its worth while giving credit to the new Manager and his staff for the outstanding job there doing in what is a difficult time for the pub industry. Long may it continue.

Excellent all round. Thank you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very small portions for large prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Booked a table for valentines meal as it's pretty local and have eaten at the craven heifer and really enjoyed it there.when speaking to a few locals wished We hadn't booked but We always like to make my own mind up as everyone is different.on arrival was met by the very friendly phoebe who explained the menu and dishes which sounded amazing,how ether on paper yes on the plate no.we had the valentines platter to share £12.95 for a tiny amount of food.the main was the same,We very rarely order 3courses but tonight we did, I have got to say the little amount we had tasted nice but the price and amount left a bad taste.our waitress Jennie was very good when I complained and we got 15% discount of our bill.but we've got to agree with the locals,not worth a second visit.

Visited February 2014
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Staff nice, food dire!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The place is ok. Need the bright lights toning down. One of our party had a headache with the bright light! Service was good however the food was awful!! I had salmon roulade which was obviously shop bought! The duck cooked 2 ways was overdone unseasoned and like leather. I left most of it. No questions asked when they took my plate away!! The other person in our party having duck text me afterwards to say we should have complained. On reflection I wish we had however it is v difficult when you are in a group for a night out. I asked other people what they thought of the food and average or below par seemed to be the response. Mine was truly awful and I will NOT set foot in the place for food again. We did remark that it was v quiet in the restaurant for a sat night!! Obviously the quality of the food is the reason!!! Get some decent chefs or close down!! It is one of the worst places to eat in fence barrowford area!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere