“Good for the night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson

You added Howard Johnson to your Saves list
Howard Johnson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   915 George Street | P.O. Box 823, Hearst, Ontario P0L 1N0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hearst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We didn't have a lot to go on so we got this hotel but they were willing to allow a pet and had a room so we took it. Big mistake. The room was dirty - there were stains on the carpet and sheets. The bathroom was in bad shape. We asked for two extra towels because there were four people, and the clerk was reluctant to give us towels. They also quoted a price over the phone then changed it when we got there late at night with few options,
The breakfast area wasn't kept up well - it had a fridge that didn't close properly for milk, a couple of types of cereal and a small coffee maker. I'd rather they just said no breakfast.

Room Tip: Check the room before deciding to stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I will never stay there again.. Over charge when you check out .. Nothing works in rooms AC or heat non existence .. Better deals at other hotels.. Your choice but staying there is a bad choice..you can form your own opinion if you stay there.. For a Howard Johnson if there at all similar I would rather sleep in my vehicle

• Stayed March 2013

Travelers are raving about these Hearst hotels

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My fiance and I pulled into this small town called Hearst late at night and got directions from another motel clerk to the HoJo which was just off the main strip. We were travelling through in a snow storm in January coming from Windsor back to Winnipeg. It was after 1am when we got to the moteland we were exhausted. We were greeted by an extremely friendly night manager, despite the hour we arrived at his establishment. He warmly welcomed us and made us feel at home after a very long day of winter storm driving. Our room was very clean and well kept. He offered us pretty much anything that we needed including a hot bath in the jacuzzi tub in our room!!! What a pleasant gentleman he was and such a welcomed rest in a very comfortable room.
Thank you so much for your hospitality!!!

Room Tip: Main floor room have easier access to unload luggage and closer to vehicle.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After my truck broke down in a small town called Hearst on a cold winter night .I had no choice but to get a room right away and then i was directed to Hojo by my mechanic.I was not expecting the kind of hotel in a small place with so many amenities , cleanliness and well maintained.
i recommend this to all my friends to stay here and enjoy things like free wifi to a steam shower.
I stop here quite frequently now and every time i feel at home. happy new year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hi guys my name is Javed and I had a wonderful experience of staying in Howard Johnson. I think Howard Johnson at Hearst is a perfect rest point when you are travelling from Toronto to Winnipeg or Vice Versa. I didn't find the same quality of living even in more expensive hotels on the way.

Room Tip: I think Howard Johnson at Hearst is a perfect rest point when you are travelling from Toronto to Win...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My Husband and I spent night at Haward Johnson Inn,At Hearst ,The rooms ere big,the decore and furniture was excellent.The staff was very pleasant and extermely helpful in directing us to a warm and fresh meal after a long drive .Its clean comfortable and nice hotel ,The WIFI and breakfast is a bonus ,I may not forget the steam bath we enjoyed during our stay.

I will recomend our friends to go stay and enjoy in this hotel.
happy visitor
Mr& Mrs zahoor Khan.

Room Tip: they can choose any one they like.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson? Share your experiences!