“a cool surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson

You added Howard Johnson to your Saves list
Howard Johnson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   915 George Street | P.O. Box 823, Hearst, Ontario P0L 1N0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hearst
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“a cool surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After my truck broke down in a small town called Hearst on a cold winter night .I had no choice but to get a room right away and then i was directed to Hojo by my mechanic.I was not expecting the kind of hotel in a small place with so many amenities , cleanliness and well maintained.
i recommend this to all my friends to stay here and enjoy things like free wifi to a steam shower.
I stop here quite frequently now and every time i feel at home. happy new year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hi guys my name is Javed and I had a wonderful experience of staying in Howard Johnson. I think Howard Johnson at Hearst is a perfect rest point when you are travelling from Toronto to Winnipeg or Vice Versa. I didn't find the same quality of living even in more expensive hotels on the way.

Room Tip: I think Howard Johnson at Hearst is a perfect rest point when you are travelling from Toronto to Win...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My Husband and I spent night at Haward Johnson Inn,At Hearst ,The rooms ere big,the decore and furniture was excellent.The staff was very pleasant and extermely helpful in directing us to a warm and fresh meal after a long drive .Its clean comfortable and nice hotel ,The WIFI and breakfast is a bonus ,I may not forget the steam bath we enjoyed during our stay.

I will recomend our friends to go stay and enjoy in this hotel.
happy visitor
Mr& Mrs zahoor Khan.

Room Tip: they can choose any one they like.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Due to my pleasant experience in 2010,I again decided to stay at the same place,
The room was very spacious and clean included fridge and microwave, I found the place to be more welcoming peaceful and well maintained, as my experience had been wonderful, will come back for sure".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Deep River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My only complaint would be that I couldn't find a place to plug in the fridge in the room, but since we had no use for it anyway, this wasn't a problem. Also there was no convenient place to plug in the clock supplied so I put it in the bathroom. But the fact that the room was so quiet, off the main street, more than made up for these deficiencies. The continental breakfast was basic but adequate. In contrast to another reviewer who didn't like the use of big jars for jam, I thought this was a more environmentally friendly way to have these. I think you have to trust that people are going to use them with the same regard for hygiene as they would at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been very well welcomed, and had a very large room with all the comfort. At as low a price as very simple rooms I had along my trip through Canada ! I'll come back without hesitation ! Just make sure you know where it is situated from the main street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Another mistake, We are travelling from BC and stayed at another Howard Johnson after
Red Deer, Calgary, AB. Where are the inspectors, worst Howard Johnson experience.
Dirty, smelly, mouldy, bugs. THANK TRIP ADVISOR FOR YOUR REVIEWS!!

Room Tip: DO NOT GO to any HOWARD JOHNSON, they are dirty and mouldy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hearst hotels

Been to Howard Johnson? Share your experiences!