“One of the better hotels” 4 of 5 stars

The Central Park
city centre, Gwalior 474001, India   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Gwalior
Mumbai
“One of the better hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

For once I really thought that Food will be great at a hotel. My expectation and my mistake. Keep that aside and the hotel really excels in making a pleasant stay and is at a very good location for sight seeing.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mussoorie, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

good location, average maintenance of the property. hotel did arrange station pickup. hotel is hardly a five minute drive from Gwalior Station. food is okay. room service was accomodating enough to make suggested changes in the dishes asked for. the renovated place for breakfast is better than the earlier place.

Room Tip: avoid rooms in front as it could be noisy since the road is
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at suitroom, where I didnot find AC tem control No hot water.
Behaviour of GM was phatatic, I am amazed that how he became GM now. Money which I has spend in Central park insated I should have taken Gwalior Taj.
I never suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

The Central Park Gwalior is a disaster. The rooms were filthy and having pungent smell throughout. Sticky walls, dusty, tables had coffee and tea stains and encrusted sugar. No service request can be completed without making at least three phone calls. The WiFi is operational in the lobby /reception area only. Only few local cable channels available on unbranded TV without having HD facility. Food is average. Appears to be a Govt. property without having any professional outlook.Forget it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

Nothing is perfect in the world and it holds true for hotel properties. But one prefers to look at brighter side and ignore minor glitches here and there. But if something becomes too glaring and management doesn't acknowledge the problem, then it is a bigger problem.

There are many problems with Hotel Central Park - shabby rooms, TV remote doesn't work, inferior quality toiletries etc etc. But attitude and service of housekeeping staff is just appalling...! No service request can be completed without making atleast three phone calls. This was consistent for our three and a half days stay.

Read this conversation of my third call to housekeeping for my request to refill tea bags and creamer in the room.

"Hello, I had requested for tea bags and creamer 20 minutes back. Last time you said that person in on his way...what happened?"

"Sir, there were many other requests from guests after your last call, so we were servicing them".

???

Assuming that there were really some other requests, isn't it supposed to be First Come First Serve? Do I have to wait for 20 minutes just to get my tea bag? We had similar experience at least thrice during the course of my stay.

I am not even writing about other experience of room service, room cleaning service and service at the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Udine, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Upon arrival the first thing I had to do was change room. I would have changed it again but there was no point. The rooms were filthy. Sticky walls, dusty, tables had coffee and tea stains and encrusted sugar. The sheets seemed as if someone had already slept in them as we found hair. In fact we slept in our sleeping bag liners. Bathrooms were dirty. At the restaurants the waiters wore really dirty and stained clothes.
Trust me, I almost never complain as I'm a pretty seasoned traveller, but the Central is a disaster. We chose it just to have a couple of days to to get our act together after roughing it in other places during our Indian vacation. Forget it.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter, they are all terrible.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I got to stay in the renovated rooms which are quite nice. Housekeeping staff seemed to be a bit unresponsive may be due to the renovation going. Food is really good. I think its the only good option in Gwalior.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Central Park? Share your experiences!