I stayed at Usha Kiran Palace at the new year’s, 2012.
The palace was taken over by Taj group and does make your experience a memorable one.
We reached the hotel and were welcomed with a traditional “Tilak” ceremony (short one though).
I opted for a “Superior Deluxe” room and did make the right choice.
Room was spacious with all basic amenities and a big washroom.
There is an e-safe as well. However, it’s not attached to any base and may be lifted easily if someone breaks in.
The campus has huge green lawns. Take a round to explore more.
Don’t miss the 100 years old Elevator and Billiards table.
Gym and spa are reasonably good as well.
The pool is big in size but more suitable from a relaxation point as it’s just 4ft deep.
Staff is very courteous and special thanks to Anish and Kamal.
Food: I tried breakfast for about 4 days and everything was perfect especially the pan-cakes.
I have put my Gwalior trip post on the following link. It might be helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Usha Kiran Palace Hotel
- Usha Kiran Palace Gwalior
- Usha Kiran Palace Hotel Gwalior
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Usha Kiran Palace has played host to the King of England and is now a heritage hotel. Set amidst 9 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns, this 120 year old regal palace, rich in history, is outfitted with artistic stone carvings and delicate filigree work. Conveniently located, the hotel has 40 beautiful rooms including Villas with private pool and suites, a dining room truly reminiscent of royalty, a Bar and the award winning Jiva Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Usha Kiran Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.