“Awful! Holiday from hell!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Iliada Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Protaras
Iliada Beach Hotel
You added Iliada Beach Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Protaras Rd | PO Box 33600, Protaras, Paralimni 5315, Cyprus   |
Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Protaras
“Awful! Holiday from hell!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Arrived to the hotel..had to climb over a barrier to get in filthy on the outside on the inside we were just given our room key no advice about where bars/restaurants were. Arrived in our room which was filthy the floor was corroded the bed sheets were covered in stains holes in the curtains stains on the walls the toilet seat had what looked like faeces on it. The room felt not secure at all. The bar staff were rude and arrogant and were leering at my partner. The balcony was a view of the rubbish bins and the back of the hotel not 1tiny enjoyable view. The food was revolting. We were so disappointed as we were really looking forward to staying here.
However we would like to say martina a member of the bar staff was friendly and helpful. She is a credit to the hotel

Room Tip: Don't go there

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the iliada beach hotel 8 years running and cant fault the hotel and its staff at all! We have just come back from cyprus and stayed at the iliada again this year but unfortunately while we was away my grandad ( Alfred Brown ) fell ill in a matter of minutes he was shaking and throwing up we went to reception and explained to the receptionist augusta what has happened and if she could call a doctor. straight away they called valessia protaras polyclinic, the ambulance was with us in about 5/10 minutes. Augusta showed them to our room. They were very fast and got my grandad in the ambulance straight away. My grandad was close to going into cardiac arrest he had a severe case of dehydration and gastroenteritis, he also had a temperature of 43 which was very high! My grandad had to stay in the polyclinic for 3 days. His doctor was Dr Vasos him and his staff were amazing!! We cant fault them one bit! There service was amazing they were offering us teas and coffees and even offered my nan a bed next to my grandad to stay in over night with him. He also checked my nan out and found she had early stages of gastroenteritis and treated her with tablets.

Iliada staff: all the staff at the hotel was amazing in helping the family and my grandad out, within the three days my grandad was in hospital all the staff were asking how my grandad was.
When my grandad got out of hospital on Wednesday 28th August Dr Vasos told us to keep my grandad eating chicken and rice for the next couple of days unfortunately that day there wasent any chicken and rice on the menu but we told a waiter andreas what has happened and he went to the cook and they cooked grilled chicken and rice especially for him.

Thomas cook: Nicola was our rep and when she wasent working she went and visited my grandad while he was in hospital and she assured us that everything will be fine and she would help us if we needed anything.
Also Mike from thomas cook rang the hospital and spoke to my grandad to see how my grandad was feeling.

Valessia polyclinic staff: Dr Vasos and his team were amazing, we cant think of anything else they could of done for my grandad and the family. They were brilliant.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from 18th - 28th August to attend my sister's wedding at the Vrissiana. After reading the reviews we was looking forward to staying in this hotel as it was close to the beach and the strip.

Let's start with the positives - staff are extremely friendly and work very hard, location of the hotel is on the beach which is crystal clear and has great water sports at a good price, Boyan the entertainer is class and tries his best to get everyone going with activities and evening shows, maids clean your room every day, the Russians are polite, friendly and never push in front of you (cough, cough), Rockafellas and Bell's bars on the front are very lively and cheap.

Now for the negatives - food is like groundhog day, always seems to be reheated meat with pasta and chips, not much variety at all, we ended up eating out on some nights. The decoration of the hotel is laughable, reminds me of a caravan park - the hotel needs a massive refurbishment to compete with the other hotels next to them. The Russians get treated better than the British. All inclusive, does not mean all inclusive at this hotel. I know Greece is struggling with their economy but they are charging you for extras so be prepared. For example, 2 euros a day for towels, no bottles of water, snacks are not included, 30 euros for safe etc.The sunbed situation is a joke, on one occasion our towels were stolen and on another they were moved somewhere else. It seems that the security guard or maintenance man may be on the take to secure the same sunbeds for some holidaymakers as they are always in the same spot. One day I got up at 6am and all the sunbeds were gone.

Moreover, we did have a great holiday but we would not stay in this hotel again. We paid too much money for this holiday when actually you can go to the Carribean for the same price or stay in a better hotel down the strip. I feel sorry for the restaurants and bars in Protarars as they are really struggling due to the number of Eastern Europeans flocking to Cyprus but not spending the money like the British people do. I reckon in a few years time there will be no British going to Protaras, which is a real shame.

Overall, this is a basic 3 star hotel and be prepared if you go all inclusive that you will have to pay out more on certain things.

Rushden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having stayed at the hotel for 7 years i would like to say how very helpful the staff were this year after my father in law was rushed into the Valensia hospital clinic.I would like to say how very helpful Augusta was from the reception team.Andreas who is one of the many waiters there was very helpful and helped keep our spirits up by having a laugh and a joke and also went out of his way to cook a special meal for my father in law after he came out of the hospital.The doctors and nurses who looked after my father in law were excellent in what they did and anybody who travels to Protaras should not hesitate to go and get medical advise from these wonderful people.We hope as a family that we shall return to the hotel in 2014 were you are greeted by friendly faces and get the most top grade service by all the staff.

Room Tip: try emailing the hotel before you go and ask for a pool view or sea view they are very helpful the r...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stopped here in may this year and as soon I walked out the plane it was hot when we arrived it was friendly the receptionist was helpful if any thing happened it would be delt with straight away the barest was brilliant and so was the food and entertainer I loved it if I could I would go back every year the hotel was clean no dust anywhere the cleaners where helpful and friendly its a brilliant hotel it looks small out side but when you walk in reception its massive the hotel is smack bang in the middle of protaras and on the bottom floor is the beach and right by that is the sea I strongly recommend to go there as its amazing and I do mean that :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel several times I new what to expect,
I can only reiterate that the hotel is clean tidy and well presentable., the staff are friendly and very helpful,
I stayed HB, and found the food to be above average and varied, the dining area was very clean and was replenished regularly .
A couple of minor points.
TV, this had BBC World news and that was about it English, with the technology available I would have thought that better selection could be made available,
Wifi, there is no free wifi in the hotel, whilst all the bars and cafes outside have this all free it is a pain if you need it.
Would I recommend this hotel.... certainly, and would I return ... definitely
If you need anything that may be outside the general terms etc it is worth sending an e-mail to the customerservice@tsokkos.com and ask, I did and what was a problem for me was no problem for them

Room Tip: rooms are side or sea view, higher rooms are always best in case there is any noise ( if your having...
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been there with my relatives during first 2 August weeks.

Pros:
+ Perfect location: sandy beach with clear blue water and on other side the main strip with plenty of bars, restaurants and crazy night life

+ Cleanliness of the hotel area/rooms: daily cleaning of the rooms/ towel change

+ Extremely friendly and helpful staff: in IT consulting life we say that people are the main business asset. That´s de facto visible also in this case – in Iliada the staff is making a difference with going extra mile to fulfill your needs.
Kudos to all hard working Slovak girls, staff at the poolside bar, Makis the night barman who´s just brilliant (I should drink more instead of playing biliard, xixi), Bojan the entertainer.
Respect also for all other gentlemen/guys while serving breakfast/lunch/dinner - they start with nice greetings, looked after you very quickly... and try to make a small-talk in your native language :)))

+Free of charge sunbeds/umbrellas in own garden near the pool/bar. They recently changed sunbeds and tables to new types (may also overall reconstruction of Iliada is coming???)

+ Food quality: plenty of foods choice – buffet style.
Good breakfast buffet (full English if you require - pancakes and omelettes can be cooked to order). Lunch is simple, but good. Dinner was great with a great choice and a salad bar/fruits and sweets.
Some reviewer mentioned that it was mainly catered for the German/Russian guests. That´s totally not true - instead it is all prepared for English guests.

Cons:
-Outdated hotel/rooms and its amenities though everything is is well kept and maintained in working order.

-Not 4*, but rather a 3* hotel

-Locals on the weekends: nobody is stopping them to use freely the pool area/toillets.
I would understand this only on condition that no shower/toiletts are available on the beach. But these facilities are present and accessible on the beach too.
In the nearby hotels the security checks are valid during weekends. In Iliada case e.g. the restaurant can stay accessible by the public without problem. But everywhere else in the hotel area should be a little fence/anything which underlines what´s unaccessible by non-guests. Theoretically it can be more effective to control the hotel area by marking all guests (not only all inclusive) with wrist bands...

-Noise from the street/disco – we had sea view rooms and after midnight we heard noise from the street. Normal traffic noise would be quite OK, but some days from Rockafellas bar loud disco music was coming till 4am.

-No free wifi: this is easy to set-up and run by hotel, so I would expect that they will share with their guests. Nevermind, in the bars on main strip it was no problem to get online.

-Cons not related to the hotel itself, but behaviour of the guests: it´s just needed to occupy a sunbed with a towel, otherwise you might not get your desired one. Silly as I noticed this „so-called German system“ was improved by one very big UK family which came to wed. So now I am in a mess who originally invented that method? :)

Conclusion:
All in all you get what you paid for. If you need a beach vacation with your family/relatives which does not ruin your budget, then you may go there.

Room Tip: Go for sea-view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Iliada Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!