“EVERYTHING THAT I REQUIRE FROM A HOLIDAY” 4 of 5 stars

Cavo Maris Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 33370, Protaras, Paralimni 5313 , Cyprus   |
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Protaras
Redditch, United Kingdom
“EVERYTHING THAT I REQUIRE FROM A HOLIDAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

This is our umteenth visit to the CAVO MARIS which must say something about our feelings about it. The staff have always got a genuine smile and a good sense of humour which when you hear the way some of the customers speak to them is really amazing especially at the end of the season.
We always stay B&B so we can only comment on that, there is a good choice of breakfast foods which seems to be acceptable to the many nationalitys who holiday at the CAVO, certainly to me.
The position of the hotel for us is spot on as we can have a gentle stroll into PROTARAS (20mins) and make use of the many good eating locations an when finished, return to the hotel and have a drink of some sort before going to bed.
We think that for a hotel which is only three star that they are getting things correct and we will certainly be returning.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dunton Green, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Hotel first class staff very helpfull Food excellent pool clean rooms comfy and clean

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Essex England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

unfortunately this has taken me a year to write this as i have been in and out of hospital with my baby, but feel i can not let it pass to tell you how wonderful the cavo was... I went there to get married in the beautiful paralimni town hall and stayed at cavo maris for 2 weeks, with my mum and dad, my 4 children aged 1,13,16,18 and my sons 18 year old friend.. What a wonderful place, it is set in the most beautiful grounds, with so many sun beds you never have the worry of not finding one.. the rooms were clean with lovely views over looking the bay, the food was delicious, the staff amazing and so helpful especially our lovely John, Karina and Styliana..

Here there are no wrist bands, they have waiter service, I have never stayed in an all inclusive hotel with waiters there for your every need, no queing to get your drinks, you are seated in the lovely restaurant, your drinks order taken while you get your food.. This place really is a hidden gem..The one little down side was that the entertainment was very dated. i always believe you should never visit a place twice as there is a whole world out there to see, but the cavo maris will hopefully definately see us again (when we have saved up our pennies)... Hope to see you all soon CAVO MARIS x

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

have just arrived back from a weeks stay here - Was with my wife and her mother and Aunt (and we're still speaking to each other!!!). We booked a package holiday as we were attending a wedding next door to the hotel so location for us was perfect.

I was aware that it was a 3 star hotel and have stayed in a good few 3 stars around the Med so wasn't expecting luxury but it ticked all the boxes for me to be honest. first impression of reception was large and spacious, some of the decor a bit early 90's in style but spotlessly clean. Arrived late and night porter checked us in - really nice man and always had a friendly word for myself and my wife when returning late from a night out in Protaras.

Room was basic but spotless and nice balcony on it - TV's were old and dodgy reception on it but i don;t go on holiday for TV so irrelevant to me. Bed was large and acutally very comfortable - My biggest gripe was the bathroom - absolutely tiny and could do with been a bit bigger. Air con a bit loud as well but when isn't it I suppose?

Breakfast was OK, not out of this world but I repeat its a 3 star so don't expect Cordon Bleu cooking. Was half board only so can't comment on lunch or dinner but menu looked liked typical buffet style resort food - wouldn't float my boat personally

Pool area was really good, spacious, clean and only 30 seconds to its own beach so very impressed with this. Both the beach bar and hotel bar are a good deal more expensive than in Protaras but again thats always going to be the case in a hotel (especially 20 minutes walk away from town) there was plenty of taps available offering cold drinking water if you didn't want to buy soft drinks beside the pool.

Staff were absolutely fine - some a bit colder than others but always efficient and did their jobs well I thought

Town about a 20 minute walk away but was aware of this when booked - I didn't mind this and got a taxi for €7 on occasion.

Overall I thought the hotel was fine for a 3 star and both myself and my wife agreed that it was a well run hotel with good professional staff and we would stay here again if going for a sun holiday so thumbs up to everyone in the Cavo Maris I guess.

One final note: This is not a wedding hotel in my opinion - fine for a resort style hotel but not for someone's big day in my opinion...do your research people!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

This was our fourth visit to Protaras and our third to the Cavo Maris. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean by the friendly housekeeping staff. Our room was really spacious with a lovely side sea view. The bedding and towels where changed every couple of days. We went on a B & B basis and, to be honest, the breakfast was a little disappointing but not a major concern as most days we were still full from the previous night's meal! Lunch in the Coral Bar was a relaxed affair with lovely, friendly staff (I can recommend the lountza and haloumi toasties!). You do have to pay extra for a fridge and safe in your room but the prices are not excessive. The hotel is about 20 - 25 minutes slow walk from the town and we found that the shops and restaurant near the hotel had closed down which was strange given the development that is going on in the area at the moment.

Our one grumble in the hotel was the over-bath shower which was little more than a trickle and had a horrible habit of running warm to scalding hot and then freezing cold - at least the bath was very long so you had somewhere to run when this happened!

On our arrival, as 'Happy Repeaters' we found a bottle of sparkling wine, a basket of fruit and tee-shirts waiting for us both. This was a lovely touch and gratefully received. Later on in the holiday we received an invitation from the manager to attend a 'Happy Repeaters' evening meal which we unfortunately had to refuse as you are expected to dress for dinner and my husband hadn't packed any long trousers, shoes etc. The following day we found gifts waiting for each of us in the room (a folding hairbrush/mirror for me and a multi-head screwdriver for my husband). Again, we thought this a nice touch. On our last day we were given a bottle of red wine to take home. All this goes to making you feel quite special.

I would recommend this hotel with its lovely gardens to anyone - families and couples. We probably won't be going back again but only because we have been to Cyprus four times in the last five years and there is a lot of world out there for us still to see.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

This was the 12th time we have visited the hotel and God willing we will visit many more times.Many people say to us it must be boring visiting the same hotel every year but i assure them it is anything but. From the minute we arrive we are made very welcome by the same staff who have worked there for a lot longer than we have been visiting, which says a lot for the Management of the Hotel.We relax immediately and catch up with the many friends we have made over the years, The hotel is spotlessly clean,although i will admit the showers in the bedrooms could do with being upgraded, the food is excellent, we upgraded to half board as we found it very expensive to eat out, the pool area is clean and relaxing with more than enough comfortable loungers. I can't imagine spending my hard earned money anywhere else than this little piece of heaven.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

After been booked into the hotel through a wedding planner (planet holidays) our expectation where one of a hotel fit to meet the needs of a wedding couple, however this was not the case.

The hotel it's self was amazing, clean from top to bottom and rooms serviced on a Dalit basis however the staff with exception to cleaning and maintance where rude unhelpful and totally out of touch with a bride and grooms needs.

This specialist hotel in weddings!!!!! Wouldn't do or provide even the smallest of things:

on arrivel we found our room to have single beds, it took a full week for our request of a double to be met only to our horror to be provided with a double matress put on top of the single bed which had been pushed together.

It took the reception staff 3 days and untill the eve of the weddig to tell us that as a wedding hotel they don't iron wedding shirts!!!

Refused to provide the bride and bridesmaid on the eve of the wedding with an ice bucket.

This is just a couple of areas that spoilt our two weeks away, within the two weeks we had many other complaints which where disregarded by the management and related staff so where not followed up.........my advice is to anyone getting married in Cyprus is NOT to us this hotel it's unprofessional and a complete waste of money. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed August 2010
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Clients were booked indeed through a wedding planner. Their booking was on Bed and Breakfast. Their wedding did not take place in the hotel grounds ie. no ceremony, no reception, no cocktail party, no gala dinners or meals. Being on bed breakfast, clients never used our restaurants or bars. Most of the time, they were not in the hotel but were joining friends staying elsewhere. The hotel was simply used for accommodation and breakfast. The wedding couple received all offers advertised in the wedding brochures ie. upgrade of room type, fruit basket, flowers and wine etc.

A double bed was provided as soon as the clients requested it although twin beds joined together (forming a King size double bed) were provided from arrival date.

Free pressing or ironing for wedding dresses, suits etc, are not offered or advertised anywhere. The hotel offers this very important and sensitive service, through a specialist laundry, only at the request of the guest and at a charge.

The hotel does not provide ice buckets full of ice to clients purchasing their drinks from outside. It certainly offers this service to people requesting drinks either on hotel grounds or in hotel rooms by room service. Nevertheless in this case the Bar staff provided the wedding couple exceptionally, with an ice bucket full of ice with the help of the Reception.

Our staff is usually praised for their friendliness, efficiency and politeness. We are surprised with the comments of our staff being rude especially from guests who did not use our services (restaurants, bars, buffets, cafes).
Also consider these accommodations in or near Protaras
Capo Bay Hotel
Grecian Park Hotel
Grecian Park Hotel
#13 of 68 in Protaras
4.5 of 5 stars 720 reviews

Been to Cavo Maris Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!