“The good, the bad and the ugly part 2.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Protaras
Silver Sands Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O.Box 37034, Protaras, Paralimni 5312, Cyprus   |
Ranked #21 of 65 hotels in Protaras
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“The good, the bad and the ugly part 2.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This trip to Cyprus was a first for me and my family and was booked to attend a very eagerly awaited family wedding.

Upon first impressions the Silver Sands reception is very impressive, lovely clean reception overlooking the beach and spectacular clear blue seas - then it all changes. Myself and our family members we placed on the 3rd floor. The rooms are very old fashioned, stains on the ceiling and grubby tiles in the bathroom. The bedding in 2 (out of the three) rooms we occupied were not changed for the 2 weeks we spent there (despite numerous calls to reception) no pillow cases on pillows and stained bedding. On more than one occasion we returned from a day out at the beach to find only one bath towel (despite it been obvious that there were two people in the room) again when this was mentioned to reception we were offered beach towels as a substitute. There was an army of ants climbing one of the bedroom walls on the first night we stayed and I have never ever stayed anywhere as an all inclusive guest where I have had to pay for the safe, beach towels or WiFi or not been supplied with bottles of water despite the 48 degree heat.

The good: Angela the Tsokkos wedding rep who helped out with the family wedding provided a service which was second to none - I would recommend her to any bride in a heart beat. Also the two ladies on reception during the day and evening (sorry I can't remember their names) were very helpful.

The bad: The food in my opinion was rubbish, despite been all inclusive all members of our party ate out on an evening for the whole two weeks, pancakes are great at breakfast and the bar snacks after lunch are a much better option (just don't attempt to order an omelette as you can't have one despite it been one of the cheaper options on the menu). Evening meals were a real disappointment.

The ugly: The rooms were of a very poor standard, dirty and unclean. Loose change and belongings also went missing from most of the rooms we occupied on more than one occasion. The water in the bathroom was also brown on more than one occasion.

The cost of the holiday was not cheap (over £3,000 for 3 adults) and taking into account the number of guests we brought out with us (which equates roughly to over £15,000) we expected more from the standard of the hotel. The wedding was amazing but only because is was held at another hotel. Taking everything into consideration I would NOT return to the Silver Sands Hotel again and would not ever consider booking another holiday in a hotel from the Tsokkos Group as the all inclusive holiday that we were offered and paid for could not have been further from the truth !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book another hotel !!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in silver sands for many years, we love this place for many reasons.first of all the weather is fantastic!
the hotel is right on the beach with the clearest water we ever see.also, it is in the middle of the resort and you can find everything you need nearby.
absolutely incredible comfortamble stay for one more time.everything are perfect.the staff are lovely friendly who couldn't do enough for you. Reception staff is helpfull.many thanks to everybody.we will return next year..
P.s:I dont understand why
people moaning. Silver sands is the best choice!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Me an my family just returned from here after 2 week stay we had great room on 3rd floor 321 cleaned every day .we stayed half board food was good we did eat out some nights to break it up abit pool nice and clean entertainment poor though water volleyball everyday.alot of russians in hotel but they went problem .nice cocktail bar by lobby with a very nice lady with blonde hair she made us lovely strong cocktails every night ..we would dfo return to hotel ..

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Have travelled to protaras since I was a baby, tend to go most years (sometimes twice a year). I would recommend protaras to anyone,it's a second home to me and I love it! Quite a few issues with the hotel, we came back yesterday from a weeks holiday. I travelled with my 2 sisters and shared one room, to start with the room wasn't big enough for 3 adults to stay in. The second issue we had was massive amount of ants in our room, we were located in room 402 which had a lovely view but massive amounts of ants everywhere (even in our beds). 3rd problem we had was in 7 nights of staying there we had to go down to reception 3 days to ask for bathroom towels and the cleaners took the dirty ones and didn't replace them. To be honest after we had gone down to reception we did have a knock on the door 10 mins later with clean towels but we shouldn't need to ask for them. 4th and possibly final issue we had was the bedding wasn't changed the whole 7 nights we were there, the cleaners did leave some clean sheets in the bathroom but not on our beds (almost as if they forgot or couldn't be bothered to do it). Like I said I love protaras and will continue going there but I wouldn't go back to this hotel again!

Larnaka, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife, my daughter and I stayed aat this hotel two weeks ago for four nights, and we were very pleased with our stay. The room was kept very clean by the housekeepers, the bed was very comfortable, the airconditioning was working fine, overall the room was very acceptable.The girls at the reception desk were very polite, and eager to help when called upon. The location of the hotel is excellent right at the beach front, and in the middle of the main tourist strip of Protaras, everything within walking distance.The breakfast at the hotel is very basic, not as good as at other hotels we stayed at in Cyprus. The pool bar is a bit overpriced. The only thing we were disappointed with was the two days we had lunch at pool side. The food was served in take away containers, and was not sutisfied for the price we paid for.Overall a very clean,and convenient hotel, but can do better for the food it offers.Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Silver Sands in Protarus last night. Absolutely stunning view of the bay. I did request a sea view and was surprised when we did get this although on the side of the hotel. The room was fine for me and my girls and our air con was great. Rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The staff were friendly enough and reception staff were helpful. The restaurant was ok. Food slightly disappointing with not a huge variety. I stayed all inclusive and would not recommend this as there are plenty of lovely restaurants on the strip which is a 5 min walk from hotel. Waiters and waitresses particularly Chris the restaurant manager is lovely and looks after you. Was a bit concerned however at times with the lack of hygiene with one chef when the pancakes were being cooked in front of you :-/ I mentioned this to my rep. Also it seems like when you are queing for pancakes Russian families tended to push in and nothing was said by the staff! There is hardly no entertainment in the hotel. The restaurant and hotel have nothing going on after 930pm. It's come completely quiet. However all the entertainment can be found up the road. Been to Bells bar, Waves and Love boat which I recommend as this bar has free wi fi, football, pool tables, dj and live acts. Pool entertainment became a pain as our pool not huge was taken up for two hours every morning for volleyball and not enough room for you to swim or use lilo when this was on. Getting beds wasn't as bad as I thought as you are also able to use sunbeds on the green as part of the hotel. The beach was gorgeous lovely sand and crystal clear very warm sea. Plenty of hot weather take plenty suncream. I will definitely be returning to Cyprus next year at a different hotel and only half board as it seems most hotels don't put much effort into the food as the strip have great restaurants with loads more variety. This hotel has fantastic views and it seems like we all have had different experiences.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ive been to protarus now 5 times, we r both in our 30's,a fantastic place with so much to do and see. The entrance and reception is beautifully decorated. We got to our room 309, opened door to a smell of sewage! The bathroom was dirty,the floor tiles looked yellow around the toilet, the mirror is black on the edges due to water. The bath tiles looked like they needed a good bleach, they did not have a shower screen, a curtain, which was filthy with marks on, the curtain was sticking to my skin when showering, hence I felt even more dirty then what I did before entering. Twice we were not provided with towels! Had to go to the reception!The bedding was not hygienic as it was a duvet without a cover sheet and a stain on the pillow again no pillow case. Very little storage drawers etc .the tv was poor with only bbc world news, no music channel to get in the mood for getting ready, the hair dryer was a joke, you had to keep the button down at all times, the air con was free, no wonder,I got more cooler air off my hand fan! We even thought it was broken!! We had a fridge that you have to pay for and the safe too. The hotel likes taking your money.the patio door was broke, it would not lock and no handle on the outside. The balcony was pathetic, so small and rubbish on the floor when we arrived. The balcony and our bedroom was swarming in Ants, god knows if we were sleeping with them. We have never had this problem where we had stopped previously and my partner had been bit on the leg through the night! I hated going out on the balcony and it felt so dirty. I did more cleaning then what the maids did, twice they opened the door without knocking at stupid time of 5:50am and 7:30pm. Overall I hated the room it was dirty and I felt I was never clean whilst being in it for a week. The pool was ok ! Mind I've stayed at self catering near by where it had a bigger pool. I was down for 8am each day and had to wait sometimes till 9am for the pool to be opened, it states open 8am till 6pm. This is nothing to do with the hotel and nor is the hotel responsible for the two british boys,but we were so ashamed of the two English kids that were at the pool, especially a boy who was bullying Russian or German kids, at least 3 different couples mentioned where his mother was as the kid was very rude to other little kids, when they just wanted to play on a lilo.his behaviour was that bad we were considering putting a complaint in at reception or thomas cook rep.Surely I can find good bits oh yes the bed loungers at pool were beautiful and comfy, the breakfast was tasty, mind the bacon was full off fat..mind no one checked my room number, so anyone could off just walked of the beach for a sneaky breakfast. We were out from 7:30 to at least 2am each night as we love the main strip for the drinks and entertainment,Michael jackson and elvis so funny but you need a sence of humour and not take it serious.we loved the love boat and we defo recommend SFC as opposed to McDonald's for the younger ones when you need a late bite to eat in the early hours..I will be back to protarus next year but will not recommend this hotel, I've stayed in better self catering apartments,we both work full time and we deserve a better quality of a stay.

Room Tip: I had a feeling that the rooms looking on to the sea have been re-decorated?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Sands Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!