“Not what is advertised at all!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Resorts Elamaris

You added Crown Resorts Elamaris to your Saves list
Crown Resorts Elamaris
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cape Greco Avenue | P.O. Box 33247, Protaras, Paralimni 5312, Cyprus   |
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Protaras
“Not what is advertised at all!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here for a week as friends were getting married, when i booked it was a four star hotel which has now been downgraded to a three. In reality i would probably say this is more of a one star! The carpet in the room was filthy and the shower in the bathroom hardly worked. The all inclusive food was awful and basically most people were living on chicken nuggets and chips as the rest of the food was hardly edible. The hotel was overrun by russains and most of the staff hardly spoke english. The staff were rude and very unhelpful.
When i first arrived at the hotel the reception was unmanned and had to wait 20 minutes for someone to come to check me in. He finally came and just chucked a room key at me and told me nothing about the hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody the area is lovely but save your money!!!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Eastbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was sold as a four star hoilday by broadway holidays . It is not a four star it is no star hotel come appt the place is out dated and the staff are rude and do not put there self out to help you the food is awful and the rooms are so old I had to move rooms ther rust in the baths if we were in the 1970s it would be ok but were in 2012 .I was there for a week thank god and have stayed in a lot of hotels but please do not waste your money we never even ate in the hotel and we were all inclusive I feel that anyone that has saved to go here get a refund or go to another hotel.There were people transferring to other hotels from here after a day that had children we never had our kids with us lucky enough but if we did we would of done the same please please read this and take note it is bad and holidays are special and good fun but this place is a no go ........

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was a week long trip for a family wedding. The positives first. As other reviews have said the rooms are basic and clean but are in dire need of decoration and new furniture to be of a 4 star standard as advertised when I booked. The swimming pool was clean and kept tidy but the maintenance of the water was a man going round the pool at night chucking handfuls of powder in it. The drinks were basic but acceptable and the staff in the main were pleasant. The staff on reception were not, more later.
The food was of an extremely poor standard and very limited and was certainly not of 4 star quality. I would not recommend all inclusive basis, in fact I wouldn't recommend it at all.
I witnessed a young couple in reception on the day of my long awaited departure and the poor girl was in tears. Their room had had a leak during the night and she was having no luck in persuading the reception to arrange a change of room. When she complained about the poor quality of the food and entertainment she was laughed at and told 'Well the Russians have no complaints.There appeared to be a definite bias towards the Russians and British were not made to feel welcome. When the girl asked what sort of standard this was for a 4 star hotel the receptionist told her that it was no longer a 4 star as they had been downgraded to a 3 star.
On it's website it is still a 4 star. I paid good money for a 4 star as I have stayed in 3 stars before and know what to expect from them. This hotel was definitely a mediocre 3 star.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Billingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've never been able to understand the ratings system when it comes to hotels in the area. To me this is a 3 star which is better than some other properties within the area. It's the second time I have stayed here & definitely had one of the better rooms location wise. Room 362 gives you a good sea view and as it's at the end of the block you can get a nice cross breeze through the room when it's hot. It saves having to use the air con (which is actually free of charge).

The rooms are basic & I stayed on a room only basis. There is a fridge, 3 electric rings & a small oven plus a kettle. It serves it purpose for me. I don't go on holiday to cook huge, complex meals. There's also a tv in the room not that I go on holiday to watch tv anyway. Furnishings are dated but there are plenty of drawers & a suitably sized wardrobe with a handy spot underneath to put your shoes.

The bathrooms again are a bit dated but the cleaners keep them spotless along with the rooms. My towels were changed 4 times during my stay. In common with many hotels, if you leave your towels in / hanging on the bath, they will be changed.

The staff were friendly & cheerful. The night porter Dinos, always had a chat & said good night. He's been there for quite a few years now & has always been pleasant.

The pool is a good size and there were plenty of sunbeds at all times of the day during my stay. There weren't towels left on them at 8am in the morning (I noticed when I came back from my morning run).

There were a lot of Russians staying here & also a lesser number of British people. Many seemed to have opted for the all inclusive option. I can't comment on food & drink within the hotel as I was room only. I personally would not stay all inclusive in Cyprus. I've found that hotel meals are nowhere near the standard of the restaurants. There are many good places to eat nearby.

Location wise, you have the beaches a 5 minute walk away, the bus stop almost outside & a good selection of bars & restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 362 is good for getting a breeze if you don't want to use the air con. Also a good sea view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Halesowen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A hotel with a multi cultural clientele in a quite area on the outskirts of Protaras. My husband 15 year old son and I spent the last 2 weeks of August on an all inclusive basis. The rooms were large and very dated, however we appreciated the space and are not too bothered by the decor. The rooms has free air conditioning and the kitchen area had a hob, kettle and a toaster in good working order. The bathrooms was very tired and the water pressure and temperature control was hit and miss at any time of day.
Rooms were cleaned daily and sheets and towels changed every other day. Needed a light bulb changing and this was completed on the day the request was made.
Now the food, it was adequate, I would give this a 2* rating, however on a couple occasions we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The all inclusive drinks option was good value for money, we specifically enjoyed working our way through the cocktail menu. We thought the staff on the whole were very friendly, must be difficult working in the Cypriot heat!
The pool was the best part of this hotel, we have never spent so much time in the water. No problem with getting a subbed.
There is no free wifi and expensive to purchase but all the local bars, taverna etc offer this if you buy a drink.
On the whole we found that we had a relaxing time at this hotel, we didn't expect too much from the food for the price we paid (this hotel was a lot cheaper than the other 3 star hotels in Cyprus).
We got on the bus a few times and went Protara and Ayia Napa, bus fare €1.50 no matter where you were going.
This hotel offers a courteously room if you have a late flights with a lovely changing room free of charge

Would I go back -no
Did we have a good holiday - yes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just come back from a weeks room only. The rooms are basic but clean, beds are made every day, same with towels, we have no complaints except being on the top floor the shower is a bit hit and miss as regards pressure and after 6 in the evening there is not hot water. The staff are friendly but I did not like the 30 Euro charge for a weeks WiFi access when you can buy a pint in any bar and get free WiFi. If I was going back to Pernera where the Crown Resorts is (it's not in Protarus) I would stay there again. The air con is free and it was very much welcome and needed

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (4th is the top floor) pool view room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Larnaca, Larnaca, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from 17-22 August 2013. We (my husband, my 6 year old daughter and me) booked half board and payed 360 euros which is a bargain.
I don't want to be negative so I'll start with the good things first.
It is a clean hotel. Every day the cleaners would tidy up our room and change our towels but our sheets were never changed. I don't mind as I don't change the sheets at home more than once a week but I guess you expect them to be changed every few days at a hotel.
The pool area is nice. Quite a big pool and lots of sun beds and trees around pool area. Nice music playing at bar but not too loud.
Lots of families staying when we were there so my daughter had company all day long by the pool. Drinks at bar were overpriced.
The food is VERY mediocre. Standard breakfast consists of bread (white and brown) fried, scrambled and boiled eggs, fried and boiled sausages, fried ham (instead of bacon?!), ham, salami, cheese, anari, two different types of jams, cucumbers, tomatoes, oranges, fruit salad (canned; not fresh) four types of cereals (not at all yummy), hot cocoa, milk, coffee, coffee with milk and tea. Also apple, orange and grapefruit juice. I've stayed at 3 star hotels which have had cappuccino, yoghurts etc.
We ate in the evening and there was a buffet but the food wasn't at all impressive. Nothing tasted great, the salads were disgusting and the soup tasted like sachets (like cup a soup). Food had NO salt on it whatsoever. Desert consisted of watermelon, jelly and a disgusting tasting caramel cream. As I stated above I have stayed at 3 star hotels with many more options to eat. Thankfully every night there was always fries and chicken nuggets or onion rings for the kiddos!
The first night we ordered 1 litre
Of water and the bill came to €3.25 so we never ordered drinks there again.
Every night at 9 there was entertainment for the kids which was a lady singing and dancing to kiddy songs. Quite boring for my 6 year old.
This hotel isn't in the center of Protaras but does have quite a few bars nearby with good deals on drinks.
For the money we payed I wasn't too dissapointed. If you are thinking of booking at this hotel just keep in mind that its not a 4 star hotel. Food is a 2 star hotel and the rest a 3.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Crown Resorts Elamaris? Share your experiences!