“A great sea view ... at no additional cost” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Resorts Elamaris

Save Saved
You added Crown Resorts Elamaris to your Saves list
Crown Resorts Elamaris
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cape Greco Avenue | P.O. Box 33247, Protaras, Paralimni 5312, Cyprus   |
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Billingham
“A great sea view ... at no additional cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've never been able to understand the ratings system when it comes to hotels in the area. To me this is a 3 star which is better than some other properties within the area. It's the second time I have stayed here & definitely had one of the better rooms location wise. Room 362 gives you a good sea view and as it's at the end of the block you can get a nice cross breeze through the room when it's hot. It saves having to use the air con (which is actually free of charge).

The rooms are basic & I stayed on a room only basis. There is a fridge, 3 electric rings & a small oven plus a kettle. It serves it purpose for me. I don't go on holiday to cook huge, complex meals. There's also a tv in the room not that I go on holiday to watch tv anyway. Furnishings are dated but there are plenty of drawers & a suitably sized wardrobe with a handy spot underneath to put your shoes.

The bathrooms again are a bit dated but the cleaners keep them spotless along with the rooms. My towels were changed 4 times during my stay. In common with many hotels, if you leave your towels in / hanging on the bath, they will be changed.

The staff were friendly & cheerful. The night porter Dinos, always had a chat & said good night. He's been there for quite a few years now & has always been pleasant.

The pool is a good size and there were plenty of sunbeds at all times of the day during my stay. There weren't towels left on them at 8am in the morning (I noticed when I came back from my morning run).

There were a lot of Russians staying here & also a lesser number of British people. Many seemed to have opted for the all inclusive option. I can't comment on food & drink within the hotel as I was room only. I personally would not stay all inclusive in Cyprus. I've found that hotel meals are nowhere near the standard of the restaurants. There are many good places to eat nearby.

Location wise, you have the beaches a 5 minute walk away, the bus stop almost outside & a good selection of bars & restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 362 is good for getting a breeze if you don't want to use the air con. Also a good sea view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
Halesowen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A hotel with a multi cultural clientele in a quite area on the outskirts of Protaras. My husband 15 year old son and I spent the last 2 weeks of August on an all inclusive basis. The rooms were large and very dated, however we appreciated the space and are not too bothered by the decor. The rooms has free air conditioning and the kitchen area had a hob, kettle and a toaster in good working order. The bathrooms was very tired and the water pressure and temperature control was hit and miss at any time of day.
Rooms were cleaned daily and sheets and towels changed every other day. Needed a light bulb changing and this was completed on the day the request was made.
Now the food, it was adequate, I would give this a 2* rating, however on a couple occasions we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The all inclusive drinks option was good value for money, we specifically enjoyed working our way through the cocktail menu. We thought the staff on the whole were very friendly, must be difficult working in the Cypriot heat!
The pool was the best part of this hotel, we have never spent so much time in the water. No problem with getting a subbed.
There is no free wifi and expensive to purchase but all the local bars, taverna etc offer this if you buy a drink.
On the whole we found that we had a relaxing time at this hotel, we didn't expect too much from the food for the price we paid (this hotel was a lot cheaper than the other 3 star hotels in Cyprus).
We got on the bus a few times and went Protara and Ayia Napa, bus fare €1.50 no matter where you were going.
This hotel offers a courteously room if you have a late flights with a lovely changing room free of charge

Would I go back -no
Did we have a good holiday - yes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just come back from a weeks room only. The rooms are basic but clean, beds are made every day, same with towels, we have no complaints except being on the top floor the shower is a bit hit and miss as regards pressure and after 6 in the evening there is not hot water. The staff are friendly but I did not like the 30 Euro charge for a weeks WiFi access when you can buy a pint in any bar and get free WiFi. If I was going back to Pernera where the Crown Resorts is (it's not in Protarus) I would stay there again. The air con is free and it was very much welcome and needed

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (4th is the top floor) pool view room
Larnaca, Larnaca, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 17-22 August 2013. We (my husband, my 6 year old daughter and me) booked half board and payed 360 euros which is a bargain.
I don't want to be negative so I'll start with the good things first.
It is a clean hotel. Every day the cleaners would tidy up our room and change our towels but our sheets were never changed. I don't mind as I don't change the sheets at home more than once a week but I guess you expect them to be changed every few days at a hotel.
The pool area is nice. Quite a big pool and lots of sun beds and trees around pool area. Nice music playing at bar but not too loud.
Lots of families staying when we were there so my daughter had company all day long by the pool. Drinks at bar were overpriced.
The food is VERY mediocre. Standard breakfast consists of bread (white and brown) fried, scrambled and boiled eggs, fried and boiled sausages, fried ham (instead of bacon?!), ham, salami, cheese, anari, two different types of jams, cucumbers, tomatoes, oranges, fruit salad (canned; not fresh) four types of cereals (not at all yummy), hot cocoa, milk, coffee, coffee with milk and tea. Also apple, orange and grapefruit juice. I've stayed at 3 star hotels which have had cappuccino, yoghurts etc.
We ate in the evening and there was a buffet but the food wasn't at all impressive. Nothing tasted great, the salads were disgusting and the soup tasted like sachets (like cup a soup). Food had NO salt on it whatsoever. Desert consisted of watermelon, jelly and a disgusting tasting caramel cream. As I stated above I have stayed at 3 star hotels with many more options to eat. Thankfully every night there was always fries and chicken nuggets or onion rings for the kiddos!
The first night we ordered 1 litre
Of water and the bill came to €3.25 so we never ordered drinks there again.
Every night at 9 there was entertainment for the kids which was a lady singing and dancing to kiddy songs. Quite boring for my 6 year old.
This hotel isn't in the center of Protaras but does have quite a few bars nearby with good deals on drinks.
For the money we payed I wasn't too dissapointed. If you are thinking of booking at this hotel just keep in mind that its not a 4 star hotel. Food is a 2 star hotel and the rest a 3.

• Stayed August 2013
Penzance, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here from 31st July to 10th August (10 days) All/I. When we first arrived we were shocked by the limited choice of food, both me and my partner are not fussy eaters but both agreed we would probably get better food in prison!! As the days went on it got better... breakfast was a good selection and lunch was OK chicken nuggets and chips, snack menu was also a bonus so we didn't starve, however, they didn't have any authentic Cypriot food as that's what we like when we go abroad, but you can't please everyone.

We thought it was strange that between 5 and 7pm they stopped serving food, it was not the best as we normally got back from our day out between these times and were hungry. There was a good choice of alcoholic drinks on All/I menu... we got our monies worth... and very strong, we found that when we went out for drinks at local bars they were all watered down especially beer on draft.

The room (an apartment) was big but basic, on the other hand, we hardly spent much time there so it wasn't that bad. However, towels were changed every other day if your lucky I had to ask reception for clean towels once as they had not changed them in two days, and the sheets on the bed we just swapped (top on bottom, bottom on top).

Staff need to smile more, I was disgusted with the staffs attitude, they looked like they did not want to be there at all. Some of them were OK but the majority especially reception staff and a few waitresses just didn't care at all, we figured it was because we were English and 90% of the other guests were Russian!!

Entertainment was very much for the kids, there was good dancers and a magic show was pretty good, however, very short. The entertainment would start at 9pm and finish at 9.45pm which ment there was nothing to do but listen to Russian music :( not my idea of fun when I'm on holiday. We went to Windmills just up the road couple nights and Protaras. Ayia Napa isn't far which was good atmosphere and a great night out.
However, if you are planning on going to Ayia Napa for the night DON'T go to Teasers bar 20 euros it cost for a malibu and lemonade and a rum and coke... we were not impressed!! But, it ended up being a good night with free entry to castle club before 11:30pm.

Overall, our holiday was great we ate out on most evenings and did the jeep safari... which was very expensive for what it was, the lunch was the best part which was an extra 12 euros each. We went to the water park which was a good laugh and Nicossia shopping which was an experience going to the turkish boarder. The boat trip to Famagusta was also amazing, with swimming stops in blue lagoon!!
The hotel was OK for what we did, at the end of the day we didn't plan to spend everyday in the hotel so it was great for the money we spent on it, just wish it had better evening entertainment or at least better music.

Hope you enjoy your trip!!

Penzance, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Where to start? We have just returned from at 10 day trip here. So, negatives first..

- Staff, most are miserable and quite rude, maybe they'd rather be elsewhere.. it seemed like it? The bar staff were much better so not a total loss in this department.

- Food, we would recommend that you don't choose an all inclusive option, we did and ate out most nights, the food is terrible at best. We aren't picky eaters and don't expect chips etc, we hoped for traditional Cypriot dishes such as souvalaki or moussaka.. this didn't happen.. most of the food I'd refuse to give to my labrador, boiled meat pieces or unknown fish with rice (labelled as risotto) and over boiled vegetables.

- Russians, this hotel is 95% occupied by Russians, whilst we have nothing against Russians, its an odd atmosphere at meal times, relaxing by the pool or evening entertainment.

- Don't expect clean towels everyday, or even every other day.. we had to go down and ask for them more than once. Also, bring your own beach towels.. there is a 12 euro charge to borrow one.

- Extra charges, 2 euro per day for safe, 12 euro beach towel, wifi charge (unsure cost, we didn't buy it.. go round the corner to a bar and use for free) ordering anything not on the inclusive menu is very expensive for poor quality.

- Gym, its a room with a treadmill, bike, two broken multi-use machines.. waste of time!!

- Not in Protaras!! Protaras is a 20 minute walk.. and in 35+ heat its not pleasant.. buses are frequent though, 1.50 euro before 11pm and 2.50 euro afterwards. Agia Napa is about 30 minutes on the bus.

Positives...

- Apartment is large and clean

- Spending time outside of the hotel and trying to enjoy the surrounding areas

- Breakfast meal is actually quite good

- Free air conditioning

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel, have a better look around
surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Now where do i start? NEGATIVES FIRST - To start with it should not be a 4* it should be a 2 or 3. the rooms are very big but clean and yes a bit dated but who cares about that you dont spend that much time in your room so dont know what some people are making such a big deal about them for but i must say the beds are rock hard so needed a holiday drink to get some sort of sleep. As for the food we were A/I but wish we had,nt bothered there was hardly any choice and seemed to repeat most days/nights, no kids meals but if you say the kids dont like any of the food and ask for chicken nuggets or fish fingers and chips they will do this for you. We travelled with a 10 and 12 year old and there was no entertainment for them at all apart from a pool table and few little games and the entertainer was rubbish but could,nt blame her as she done the kiddies disco ect on her own. We went down to windmills every night as at 7 they show an up to date film for the kids then later the girls loved the entertainment plus theres a game room with machines ect. Hotel advertises wifi but dont say its expensive. I went just outside hotel to any of the bars as they all had free entertainment. It was good in the fact the kids could have free ice cream most of the day until 9 at night. The pool was aways clean and the cleaners were always out first thing in the morning cleaning everywhere. Would def go again but would save money by going room only as we spent a lot of money eating and drinking out. Everywhere you travel is 1.5 euros but went to the water park and it took hr and a half to get there.. BIG TIP - next to the mexican opposite hotel is a trip booking place book in there as they have their own mini bus that takes you.. works out same price or little cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Resorts Elamaris? Share your experiences!