“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Resorts Elamaris

Save Saved
You added Crown Resorts Elamaris to your Saves list
Crown Resorts Elamaris
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Cape Greco Avenue | P.O. Box 33247, Protaras, Paralimni 5312, Cyprus   |
Ranked #58 of 65 hotels in Protaras
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

(I am using my wife's account to write this review-Gabriel) I have been with my family many times to the Elamaris and I never been disappointed. I don't understand the comment about Russians. My wife was born in England and my in-laws live in Cambridge and I visit England every year. I believe what you don't want on your holidays is English tourists returning back from the pubs totally drunk shouting and jumping in the swimming pool at 5 o clock in the morning. The Russians staying at the Elamaris were mostly women with children, a lot of single women with their mothers, it was so quiet and peaceful all the day. The rooms are clean, good food every day, all the amenities walking distance from the hotel and you can have from your room pool view and sea view. We have never had to use the air conditioners because it was so cool in the room.The only thing I recommend to the owners of this hotel is that with less than 50 euro per room, you can buy brand new taps and sinks and a new shower or any other problems like flushing with the toilets. Definitely the bathroom needs to be renovated. Next summer I will be back to Elamaris, half board. with my in-laws from England.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
Brotton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We are at the hotel and the only problem is Russians very ignorant taking all the food in bags to their rooms very unfriendly won't spend a penny if we knew it was a Russian hotel we wouldn't of come but apparently they are trying to take over protaras not good !!

Room Tip: Pool view is the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

for the price I paid for 10 days in this hotel all inclusive I cannot slate it the pool was big.top staff took good care of us, the rooms where spotless always lots of sunbeds good food everyday there was birds in the outside restaurant area but you can use the inside bar where your free from them all in all id say this is a really good hotel just needs a lick of paint if anything give it a go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
harrogate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We spent two weeks here arriving 31st may we had a really good time ! We found all the staff to be very helpfulThe food was good plenty of choice -some times some of the food was not as hot as it could be but that was more due to people not closing the lid down once they had got their food There was waiter service for your drinks at lunch and evening meal.There was not much choice dessert wise caramel,jelly,oranges and water melon. There was a good choice of snacks if you missed breakfast or lunch e.g. cheeseburger,ham and cheese toastie,hotdog,etc. One of the nights we had no water but it was all the surronding area so you could not blame the hotel and it came on a few hours later.The only thing I would say is the baths need to be replaced although fuctional did not look that great.We had no trouble getting sunbeds but their was not much entertainment wise -magician,singer ,and the usual childrens disco everynight .The pool was clean and surronding area and our rooms were cleaned and towels changed everyday except sunday

wigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

me and my partner spent aweek at the above from 5th June was the holiday from hell
we arrived there about 7 in the evening after leaving home at 5.30 am to find there was no water for a shower and hadnt been all day. The rooms need updating badly there was holes in the bathroom door that had been filled in, the handle on the fridge was broke we went on the balcany to find two birds nest with chick in birds swoping all the time to feed the chicks, the toilet had to be flushed at least 6 times the food was dioboilical never hot the choice of food was extremly poor the choice of sweets was jelly and water mellon every nite. there was chips on once,and birds constangly fling round the dining room we found a lovley place across the road called koko Fay made to feel so welcome and
We went all inclusive but only ate twice the whole 7 nites so ended up spending quite a lot of money the hotel definatly did not cater for the english
would ne

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arrival - Fine the gentleman who checked us in was alright, AI had finished so we went elsewhere for dinner at 11pm.

Room - Well it coudnt get much worse air con didnt work for 2 days, in the end I went to reception and they said it hadnt been turned on yet - I asked for it to be turned on 2 days later it was turned on (only stayed for 5nights). Very basic DO NOT TAKE THE ROOMS TO THE LEFT OFF RECEPTION ON GROUND FLOOR UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET WOKEN UP AT 5AM MOST DAYS BY THE BIN MEN AND DELIVERY PEOPLE!!! We had to 'pump' the toilet for it to flush and the shower couldnt be adjusted. A safe is avaliable and doesnt cost alot, they charge per day like most hotels.

Food - Was actually quite nice, there wasnt much choice but what there was, was hot and tasted fine. Chinese night was the best by far. Desert was the same cake everyday or horribal creme caramel which had the consistancy of plastic. I had watermelon most days.

Snacks - These were really nice, cheese burgers were yummy and so was the tzaki with pitta.

Entertainment - Very much aimed at kids, once it finished around 10.30 everyone dissappeared to there room's.

Location - We thought was fine, a nice walk to the beach everyday was good, we walked to Fig Tree bay which was a lovely beach. I think that's where all the English were!!

FYI foreign people who stay at this hotel are extremely rude. This also spoilt my holiday. A Thank You would have been lovely...

A special thank you to Stefan, he is an attribute to this hotel.

All in all I did have a lovely holiday BUT that was only because I had my family with me. I wont be returning again to this hotel as next time I will be staying in Ayia Napa.

Room Tip: As before do not take a room to the left of reception on ground floor - apparently that was an upgra...
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I, son and daughter-in-law with their 7 month old son spent 2 weeks at the above from the 9th May. The hotel itself is dated and in need of a refurbishment. the rooms were large and adequately furnished the wear and tear hidden cosmetically, the cleaning was a bit sporadic at first but was swiftly rectified on complaint. meals, breakfasts were really good, the meals that followed, not so much, bland and unappetisingly presented, a bit like a 1960s army canteen, and with such a small serving area meal times were a scrum, some people ????. Although the rooms were air-conditioned it was never switched on, we asked for it to be but were told that it wasn't hot enough, hot enough for me,being asthmatic to spend most nights on the balcony as it was somewhat cooler and the baby's nights weren't much better. On the plus side the staff were excellent and being an ex-employer in a parallel business I wouldn't hesitate to offer any of the ones we came into contact with employment. However for those of you who like to eat-out, and we did, frequently I would advise going to Bennigan's American/Irish restaurant, excellent staff,excellent cocktails, killer sized burgers and ribs to die for. The Elamaris and VFM should not be used in the same sentence

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Resorts Elamaris? Share your experiences!