“Best Stay in Aizawl!! Very Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of David's Hotel Clover

David's Hotel Clover
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aizawl
David's Hotel Clover
G-16, Chanmari, Aizawl 796001, India   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Aizawl
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Best Stay in Aizawl!! Very Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I only stayed for night in this hotel but undoubtedly I will rate this to be one of the most courteous hotel / inn's I have come across. Honestly don't even walk-in with high standards to this place, but do expect a lot of helpful people, do expect them to help you with all your travel needs and that too at reasonable (without a cut-money) rates. Food is good at the right price. The rooms may look a little small but no doubt very comfortable with all nessecary amenities. Good place for visitors who do not understand the native language as the hotel staff is eveready to help you with that!!

Room Tip: check for basement rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

After a night in Riak Maw Inn, I changed to David's Clover Hotel, where I found, what I had missed at the first one. The staff at the desk was extremly helpful and eager to please, even helping me to contact a hotel in Champhai and leading me towards a "hidden" sumo counter, I would have had difficulties to find on my own. Since information is hard to come by in this off-the-path-destination this asset cannot be overestimated.

The smaller 950 rp.-rooms might feel a bit smallish but good value for money, the 1500 rp.-rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The sub-terrain layout of the place might be nightmare for any western fire safety inspector, besides that I felt very safe and well looked after.

Excellent food was avaliable in the on-site restaurant.

All in all, highly recommendable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
INDIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had gone to this hotel after being told that this is the best property in Aizawl. I can only tell you that Aizawl has much better hotels.
When i was shown the deluxe rooms i almost vomited with the stink of cooking gas etc that came, decided to take the suit. The Service sucks, the so called lady patron Dolly is trying to figure out ways to make money out of you. The suit does not get a ray of sunlight, is below the ground level, so no mobile connectivity and very noisy.
Overall it was a terrible experience and Aizawl has much better hotels just across so no reason to stay here. i checked out next morning..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Since this was my first solo trip, I had booked a room well in advance (20 days) over the phone so that there would be no last minute hassles. Also, before leaving Bengaluru , I had called to confirm the same. But when I reached the hotel....IT WAS NOT BOOKED!! I was very p***ed off and the front desk people really did not have any answers to my questions. Luckily for me, Hotel Arini at Khatla, where I had stayed a couple of nights back, was more than willing to accommodate me at half their their prices!! I wonder why Hotel Arini is not featured here as it is centrally located with a good restaurant - Curry Pot and the service there is exceptional. It was treat staying at Arini! Thumbs down to David's Clover for bad location as well as communication!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Assam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 nights recently.I got my room at ground level, but without any ventilation or view.This is the best room of the hotel.The reception area does not promise much about the property.
But these disadvantages are soon made up by other positive factors.
The room was very spacious , well furnished.
The owners are very helpful and co operative.
The food is very good.The best part is that they cook as per your requirements.
Some of the staffs are not very comfortable with Hindi and speak broken English.After an initial mix up , I became cautious and started speaking slowly in English and used to repeat my request to make sure they understood.
I did not face any trouble after that.
I had gone there after reading very good reviews at this site.So I had very high expectations.
If you go without high expectations, you would be more than happy.
This is one of the best at Aizwal.

Room Tip: Suite room is on the reception level and is the best.Not very expensive.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RAICHUR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

David's Hotel Clover - When you step down to the reception area first, you feel like going back..

After the initial encounters with friendly front desk, the hotel scores starts...

Next descend the stairs again to the rooms.....

Then the rooms with strange looks will steal the scores..

The food served tastes good because they serve with such a lovely smiles, make sure we enjoy their cuisines.
Dolly - The mantra behind the charisma of all the things..... If you missed meeting her, you are unfortunate. The staff are really wonderful.

Though they have less rooms and their hotel is small, by their service they leap ahead to be large....

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ludhiana, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I book two room for two days at david hotel but at reaching aizawl airport i recieved aphone call from the hotel that there is sanitation problem so they are not able to provide rooms and also they had made a alter arrangement for us but in distress mode we book another hotel nextday early in the morning i recieved aphone call from the owner miss dolly enquiry about our comfurtablity and also feel sorry about all the harrasment she invite me and my wife at evening tea then srart anew era of my aizawl tour it was my first visit to aizawl and i am from punjab having no any connecctoin to the aizawl people but after thi visit to dolly owner of this hotel my attitude towards mizo people was totally changed this was really a sister treat to her brother thanks to her to giving me anew vision of mizo

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to David's Hotel Clover? Share your experiences!