This little Glass Igloo Village was gorgeous - we only stayed one night, but that was enough.
The igloos were very warm, the beds were confortable - twin beds side-by-side, with individual controls, so in the event that there actually were Northern Lights, you could adjust your bed to a suitable viewing position! Sadly, there were no lights visible during our visit. Although the entire building is glass panels, it is very private, with strategically placed curtains, and the "bathroom" has solid walls. There is a toilet and hand-basin only, the showers need to be accessed from the main building. We had to walk some distance to the "hotel" for meals, but the walk through the beautiful, deep snow was lovely in itself. The food was okay, but strangely, at dinner time, when we were more than ready for a roaring log fire, we had to beg for the tiny fire to be lit at all, and then, the (small) logs were very strictly rationed. Very odd..... What, no nearby firewood???
There was a bizarre "floor show" - performed by cross-dressing male performers... Good for a laugh at least.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kakslauttanen Hotel And Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Saariselka
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort Finland/Saariselka