“Outstanding food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Lee, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Setting in this restaurant is nice and cosy. There is a sports bar next to it, so if you dont like people having drinks and perhaps watching a game of ice hockey in the same space you may want to give Teerenpesa a miss. Bar was fairly busy on the night we visited Teerenpesa, but we like that kind of atmosphere and don’t need classical music on the background so this did not bother us one little bit.
After all this is a bar style restaurant so it doesnt pretend to be anything else,but a restaurant-pub.
If you enjoy the best locally produced food executed to perfection and friendly unpretentious service then Teerenpesa is a place for you.
Service in this restaurant is efficient, friendly and unpretentious, but the main star is the food which is just fantastic. Filet of reindeer my partner had was tender and cooked to perfection and my locally caught Siika was seasoned beautifully and one of the best fish dishes I have ever had. We always have cheese and cloudberries for desert when dining in Teerenpesa and once again it did not let us down. This desert is an absolute delight.
We cannot fault this place and although it's not cheap it is well worth the money.
Thank you Teerenpesa, we will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

When in Saariselkä, I always go to Teerenpesä. Excellent value for money, recommend the reindeer! The service this time was, however, a bit off... the waiter kept forgetting parts of our orders. But still, I love the atmosphere in this place, so I will definitely come again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

nice place, feels nice. food was ok but nothing special.

we had gin and tonics while waiting for a table, and it was nice sitting there. there was somehow a lapland feel to it.

Visited March 2013
Idaho
“The pub side is great to watch the big game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

After a long day of avctivity in the cold, this is the place to go to watch the international sporting event.
I watched Man United vs. Real Madrid game there and atmosphere was great and lively. This was the only place in town to catch the game.
I did not eat there so can't say anything about the food, but the pub is great. The TV needs to be upgraded though.

Visited February 2013
“Cosy and good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was craving for sauteed reindeer one day during my visit to Saariselkä last week,so I decided to give Tereenpesä a try.I was not dissapointed.The meat was of very good quality,soft and tender and tasty.The portion was also big enough to cure my hunger.
The restaurant itself is very cosy and has a welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013