“Very good food..” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Very good food..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

First time I went there was at the beginning of March, enjoyed so much that I've since been again.

Quality home made food, I'd highly recommend the chilli and also the lamb is lovely and tender.

Fairly priced and a lovely atmosphere with a very nice setting.

It was very busy on both occasions and I'm hardly surprised with how nice it is.

Staff all seemed quite happy and were quick to serve etc.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

newcastle
“Not a great evening”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited the evening of Sat 23rd March for a family members birthday. We love this place for its atmosphere and the fact that children are welcome but feel the food and quality of service is getting worse each time and we will not spend money on food here again. In the party there were 5 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 kids. Main course was slow in coming out and all barely warm, two dish was sent straight back and the rest were hardly touched. I feel the main courses are overpriced now and lack the quality that should come with those prices. The table wasn't cleared for around 30 minutes after we had finished eating and we cleared our own drinks glasses away as they were getting too much on the table. As a group we spent a lot of money there overall and feel extremely let down.

Visited March 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Becoming a regular thing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have been here several times, including a family party. No complaints at all from any of us. On one occasion we had a pram as well. They happily shifted the tables about to accommodate us. Good value and great food. We'll be there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Traditional Sunday Roast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been here on numerous occasions with friends and family for the Sunday Dinner here as it's one of the best in the local area. I've also had lunch here once through the week, it was fine but the menu was a little fancy when I went (a year or so ago) and I was hoping for a more traditional pub menu.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Regular haunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

More or less my local, I use the pub regularly, the food is good, slightly over priced and the serving staff are always helpful, lunch time and evening the bar staff , ladies only , never smile nor can they bring themselves to be pleasant or engage in general chat so i just place my order and back to my table, its such a shame, if this improved i would certainly give the place full marks, when lots of sizzling chicken are on the go you often leave with the smell in your hair and clothes, , the ambience is always pleasant apart from when at the bar as i said its a place i can go with friends, families or my children, sometimes we just have a starter and pudding or a sandwich at lunch time, coffee is really nice too , in the summer its pleasant sitting outside !

• 4 of 5 stars Food