I just spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Costabella Resort and Hotel. I selected a Deluxe Poolside Room expecting it to be a good room. The room in general: size okay but dark with very old furnishings. Termite droppings falling into a pile daily out of the wardrobe, no safe, no alarm clock/radio. The bathroom: black and green mold in the grout as well as totally around the sink faucet, faucet handle, and all along the tub, 8 cracked shower tiles, 2 light bulbs burnt out, water pressure very low. When I asked for a different room I was told that I had to stay there. They did replace the 2 bad bulbs though. I could not find a guest services binder but later realized that there are no services that needed to be listed or described. Rather than provide organized and secure activities (island hopping, jet skiing, etc.) they allow there guests to be shouted at and and harassed by the brokers out at the beach area selling overpriced services. The staff and management, even owners could benefit from training and motivation in how to treat guests and making their experience a good one.
Positives: the grounds and pool are immaculately kept and clean, great sand beach (though you can't swim there because it is too shallow and full of seaweed and rocks).
I should have known when I could not book Plantation Bay and the Shang (where I have stayed before and will recommend those resorts fully) and the agent said that Costabella was open (it was a holiday week). There were few people staying there judging from the number of people at breakfast and around the hotel. In summary, it is the poorest value, I will not stay there again and I recommend anyone else looking for a Mactan Island resort to consider other locations. At 4 star pricing you get 2 star quality and services. Book elsewhere or rearrange your stay.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.