It was a last minute booking and the preferred resorts were all fully booked or available rooms were too pricey. I went for Costabella having seen both positive and negative comments and seeing that they had so many reviews and feedback too. Overall I would say it was a pleasant stay. I thought that the accomodation itself was not that expensive so I wasnt expecting anything luxurious and thought I would splash out on the food instead as the kids love their food! Food was thankfully super, drinks were a bit pricey, hospitality was great and everyone was generally helpful and very friendly. The hotel design was very traditional filipino/spanish interiors although the rooms could do with refreshing. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms by the pool which was near the restaurant area and beach. The beach wasnt that great but good enough for little kids to play in the sand and for grabbing a tan, but not so much for swimming.
Dinner was fabulous with a group of guitar playing singers serenading you while you eat. It is not far from the airport and took us around 45 mins to the city centre. There are a lot of other activities you can do but it is good enough for relaxing and eating good food if staying for a couple of days only and you are not too fussed with not having a long stretch of beach.
The rooms could do with better materials on what to do and where to go to advertise Cebu more although you can speak to someone in reception about this who will explain. I had a full body massage at their Spa which was beautifully decorated and made the atmosphere more relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, EasyToBook and Travelocity so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island