You will feel the warmth of the kind human gesture in this resort.
My Fiance and I just had a 4 nights stay at the Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel. It was one of the best experiences we have had in terms of the hospitality and service provided.
All the staff are very polite and very diligent in what they did. Let me state a few instances:
1. On the first day upon arrival at around 11am, we took a meter taxi from the airport to the hotel. The meter read 221 pesos. However, not being used to the currency, I, through my own fault, handed the driver 3000 pesos. The driver then returned me 50 pesos and I thought I was correct.
After lunch when i became a little more accustomed to the currency, I realised I had overpaid. Although I was rather resigned to having parted with the money forever, I tried my luck and approached guest services at the resort. Here is where a special mention has to go out to the guest relations officer Ivan. Ivan had been amazing throughout our stay time and again and this was the first of many pleasant experiences we had with Ivan.
I narrated my Taxi encounter with Ivan and passed him the receipt that was given to me at the airport stating the taxi number. Later in the day, I received a call from Ivan stating that the taxi driver had been located and the excess money he had collected from me was in the safe hands of the airport police. Ivan even arranged for the monies to be sent to our hotel! I was totally amazed. I cannot think of anywhere else where I would have been accorded such assistance!
2. All the staff at the hotel are diligent and perform their task with pride keeping the appearance of the hotel at its best. The hotel has 2 relatively small pools and there are around 3 lifeguards on duty at one time. Part of their duty is to keep the pool area presentable and I can always see one lifeguard clearing the pool and the areas surrounding of leaves and clearing the sand that is collected in the wash basins around the pool. They never seem to rest and always seem to be doing one thing or the other for the benefit of the guests.
3. The staff never seem to lose their cool. We witnessed an guest talking down to the resort staff and I believe he said "Don't argue with me. I am right and you are wrong. So go and rectify the bill". It was clear that his tone was condescending and definitely unnecessary. However the staff always remained polite and served him to the best of her capabilities.
All in all our vacation was made so memorable and pleasant due to the warm hospitality of the staff and Costabella Tropical Hotel and I recommend everyone to stay at this resort.
p.s. the massage is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island