“Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Mactan Island
Makati, Philippines
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've stayed in Palmbeach twice on my business trips since it is very close to the airport. I found that it was such a cozy place to stay in. It had its own spa, I had a massage and fell asleep because it was too good . Being on a budget, I found that this resort is really affordable compared to other resorts. The thing I really liked was the resort was really quiet, I did so much work during my stay because there were no distractions.

Since my return to Palmbeach, it has really improved in terms of food. They have a short order menu now which they didn’t have during my first stay. Their breakfast buffet too really improved, I inquired and apparently they hired a new chef to improve the cooking.

I plan to return to the resort soon, I really hope they stay consistent.

Room Tip: Get the rooms the rooms with its own kitchen
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

As a guest in this Resort, i have nothing to say other than that this Resort is very relaxing esp. at night while watching the night and listening to the waves as it touches the sea wall, it can help ease the pain when u are broken hearted.
The Resort staffs are very acmmodating with sweet smile.
When u feel like eating something,you can just call the Resto and they will attend to your call immediately.
For those who post their review negatively, well that is ur own opinion and maybe i would say GOOD LUCK to your next time visit.

• Stayed July 2012
Caloundra
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Like another reviewer, I fell for a "good deal" from one of those voucher companies. While I had booked for two nights, I seriously considered cutting my losses and moving elsewhere after viewing my room.
Firstly, they had "opening special" rates advertised on the front fence. I had booked a standard room but I could have got a 2 bedroom suite with views under that deal. When I mentioned this and suggested an upgrade, all of a sudden their English didn't understand. The standard room had no WIFI as advertised so they changed me to another - but worse - room. The spare bed was simply a bare mattress - no sheets or bedcovers.
Breakfast was horrible and eating other meals there did not appeal but there are no alternatives in walking distance - so be prepared to get a minibus to Save More shopping centre the other side of the airport. The hotel really is in the middle of nowhere.
Reception area is drab and the main corridor seems to be empty shops. The best of the hotel is the waterfront swimming pool but when I was there it was full of Korean divers testing and practicing their gear - so no room for a quick dip.
Staff were decidedly unhelpful. Once they have your money, you are of no interest to them.
Forget it.

Room Tip: If you have already paid you have no bargaining power so try turning up and inspecting before partin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed here for almost two weeks with my family
I love to stay in Palmbeach Resort & spa the rates are very affordable, the facilities were filled to the brim with every nationality you could name, the room was nice and spacious and the service was authentically warm. the personnel are all friendly and very helpful, they just love to smile.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Admittedly, I was at fault for this disastrous stay as I failed to properly compare the rates with other options in the Punta Engano area. I fell for a supposedly good deal from one of those voucher companies but failed to take into consideration that other hotels had better offers, not necessarily tied up with said promo vouchers.

Anyhow, the lobby of this hotel is dark and highly lacks appeal. Don't expect any welcome frills. Room 211 stinks of the smell of wet wood/plastic, thanks to a perennial leak in the dingy but spacious bathroom. In case a stay in this hotel is unavoidable, please be sure to bring your own toiletries. Beddings were poorly laundered, mosquitoes were numerous.

I visited the in-house spa and asked for the service menu. I was given a prompt reply that it wasn't available since they (spa staff) are sourced by a manpower agency (actual reply was in Filipino: "Maám, wala pong service menu kasi galing po kami sa agency"). Uhm, okay. Goodbye massage.

We were discouraged to swim on the first day because of the crowded poolside, with a lot of tourists gearing up for their day's dive. All the equipment and divers didn't make for a relaxing atmosphere.

Since we hardly stayed in the hotel the whole weekend, thanks to celebrations involving the wedding we set out to Cebu for, these details were a bit bearable. The best downside is the hotel's "restaurant". Breakfast was horrid (hotdogs, egg, unpalatable rice, spicy eggplant on the first morning, bland noodles on the last) so please don't be enticed to book this hotel because of free breakfast that comes with nasty, nasty brewed coffee.

On our first afternoon, my husband and I were set to leave my son and nanny in our room to attend a function at another hotel. Before leaving , I coordinated with reception for room service at dinner time, after being given that night's menu and finalizing the food I wanted sent up. I was alarmed upon receiving a call from our nanny at around 6PM, telling me that she was informed of the restaurant's closure as of 5PM. I was fuming when I talked to front desk (their all-around office), reminding them that I made arrangements before we left, precisely because I did not want this hassle that would result to my son and nanny hungry! They then volunteered to call a fast food chain for delivery but of course, this fell short of appeasing us, especially since said fast food dinner didn't get there until almost 9PM.

Our horrible experience is not worth even just half the promotional rate we paid for. Palm Beach Resort and Spa's only good side (but not redeeming enough) is the polite staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here for 1 week and wished we could have stayed for few more days. The staff were super friendly and accomodating, the rooms are very relaxing and complete with all things you need. We enjoyed the pool and spa the most! Highly recommended to families and barkadas alike, even to couples looking for a retreat away from the busy lives of the city :)

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I am a balikbayan from Canada. Recently, I visited Cebu and stayed at Palmbeach Resort & Spa. My family especially the grandchildren enjoyed every minute of their vacation -- the beautiful scenery, delicious food, and personalized services. The staff of the hotel were very helpful and friendly, where I made a few new friends.

Room Tip: Try the scuba diving and island hopping services of the resort.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palmbeach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!