“Avoid, its rubbish” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid, its rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

O dear, I cannot believe that people actually enjoyed the food here.
The food is simply terrible and expensive compared to what you can get in a different restaurant.
The show is lame, its like going to watch you child perform in a school play.
Please go if u feel charitable and u wuna spread the wealth around the area.
But my advice is to save your money, spend it on Island hoping or scuba diving.
It was so so so bad that I had to laugh on how this managed to have a high score on Tripadvisor?!?!?!?

Visited November 2010

Los Angeles
“so much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I finally got to go and it was a blast! a great show for the whole family, good food and excellent service. I wish i had gone sooner!

Shanghai
8 attraction reviews
“Go for the food, not for the show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I really struggled with this place. A couple of things you should know before you read the rest : 1. we were there on a night when there were only 8 guests for the 6.30 show and 2. we are vegetarians so we didn't sample the vast majority of the food.

I made a reservation the day of the show and explained that we were vegetarians - it was quickly confirmed and the free pick up was early and great. We were welcomed at the restaurant by lots of people and made to feel very welcome. We were a bit disappointed that there was only one other table of people - not the restaurants fault as such but it did result in NO atmosphere. I think the performers really struggled with this - it may have been a different show with a lot of people.

The first thing we were served was clam soup - so that went right back since we don't eat meat or fish and had explained that. The rest of the food was very tasty in fairness although there wasn't really enough of it. I left a little hungry and my wife was the same. We couldn't get our kids to eat any of the food they served - our problem, not theirs and they didn't charge for our kids in any case as they are just 2 years old.

So the food was tasty but the show is bizarre.... It starts out well enough (though why the volume was turned up to 11 with a small crowd is anyone's guess - it was TOO LOUD and my daughter covered her ears the entire time). But after 15 minutes or so it became a bizarre collection of America's Got Talent audition pieces with suggestive dancing to 80s pop hits the dominant theme. Now I realize that this may in fact be perfectly representative of culture in the Phillipines but it's probably not what most people would be expecting. The show finished off with an short but impressive display of fire eating.

Overall the people are very friendly, we felt welcome and it felt good to be supporting a local business. The food we ate was very nice and since they specialize in meats and seafood I imagine that would be even better. But the show is, frankly, one of the most surreal experiences I have ever had.

Cebu
10 attraction reviews
“Great atmosphere, great show and great food what else can you say?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I am not normally a fan of dinner theatre and also with the restaurant being in the middle of the tourism on Mactan you would expect to be paying over the odds. But you don't! the restaurant itself is very native in style and the dance show that happens while your eating is fantastic and its a pity more restaurants don't pick up the example of the jungle experience to help Cebu's tourism even more. Its one place I will be going back to soon and this time bringing a few more people. Can't really fault the restaurant or its food.

Also the management is helpful for if you want to visit other things in the area as well. I live on Cebu but I don't travel upto Mactan too often so having someone guide you where is the best places to go is ideal.

Malmo, Sweden
“For the money - Best in Cebu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I have rated the restaurant, but send the same review on the show page:

I was staying in one of the best hotel in central Cebu. They have a show that costs 500 peso to see. When I compare that 40 minute hotel show, to the 90 min FREE show that I saw when I was eating on The Jungle Restaurant...just want me to write this review.
It's a great show and exceeded my expectation. Upon that, I had the best chicken I ate in the whole of the Philippines. So I don't have to sell anything, or holding stakes in any corner: You need to eat anyway, and with the FREE 90 min show while eating, this one is a solid traveladvice for anyone that like good food and a great show to watch. You can also watch my homemade short movie from parts of the show on youtube:

Best Regards, Patrik