Our recent 4 days at Evason Pranburi gave us so much pleasure in some ways but was disappointing in others...first the good things: 1. Staff were all great. 2. Breakfasts are outstanding - great service, great international variety and fresh products. 3. Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks in the evening are a real draw card and staff were lovely.
Now the not so good: We stayed in a pool villa which on the website looked stunning. In theory the villa has all you'd ever want especially as a couple...complete privacy and your own outdoor pool(s). However the villa just looked 'tired' and was a disappointment. 1. The grounds of the villa were poorly kept with weeds and untrimmed plants. The end of the outdoor seat was so rotten that if you leaned on it, you would have fallen into the jacuzzi!. Parts of the surrounding fence were missing or falling down and the pool surrounds needed painting. Some might say this is a rustic look but actually, there is an important difference between rustic and poor maintenance as was evident inside the villa.
2. Inside the villa, refrigerator door did not shut properly. 3. Air con was very noisy, 3. Door to villa had dropped on its hinges. 4.In the toilet area it was obvious that cleaning of walls/floor hadn't been done for a long time.
Bed was comfortable and, yes, it's great to come in from a hot walk and relax in your own pool but we could see how really lovely these villas could be and should be for the price. You can do better for the cost and have a decent beach nearby too.
Prices at the property's restaurants were the usual over the top and so we, like so many, dined at the local eateries for great, reasonably priced authentic food e.g. 'Sing's' and the 'Very Good'. - good company, good fun and tasty eats....so why would you eat at The Evason?
The property runs a shuttle into Hua Hin but it costs individually and for the same price or less, you can get a taxi for 2. We filled in a detailed response form but have not heard back since we stayed in July. Hopefully some serious maintenance has been done on the villas so that they resemble their photos on the website!!
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pran Buri
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 185 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. The Beach is open daily for lunch and dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. The Earth Spa presents a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all public areas throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.