We travelled to the Evason having spent 3 nights in Bangkok. The journey took approximately 3.5 hours in a minibus and on arrival at reception we went through the usual check in process before being asked whether we could like to upgrade to the palatial six senses side of the resort by Hassan who showed us first to the duplex pool villa which was an additional 2000 tbh (Approx £40) per night and then to the six senses pool villa which cost an additional 3000 tbh per night (Approx £60).We negotiated a deal for the six senses pool villa in which we only paid the upgrade premium for 7 of the 11 nights spent there. The pool villa was fantastic, decent sized pool, nice big bed, 2 shower rooms, 1 sunken bath and an area to chill by the pool. We ate breakfast each morning by the lilly pond and enjoyed breakfast off the a la carte menu served by the informative and friendly Wi and dim sum throughout the day all included in the upgrade premium. The room was cleaned to a very high standard and replenished with fresh fruit. Any issues we had we dealt with in a happy, effective manner by our butler KK who was great throughout our stay and seemed to be available regardless of time. We only once used the communal pool overlooking the sea but 10 minutes in had received a cold towel, fruit and had our sun glasses cleaned! We booked an evening at Chef Manao for the Thai night which included Thai food and dancing and enjoyed it massivlely and would certainly recommend it. The ethos of the six senses is SLOW LIFE and that is certainly what you get at the most relaxing holiday i have ever taken although at times i felt i needed more to do. Outside of the complex is a few bars and restaurants but all close at 22:00 hrs. We tried Mr Sings beach bar where we were looked after well by Mr Sing and his family and the Very good restaurant which serve good food at a fraction of the price of the Evason and six senses food outlets. We also had our laundry done locally by a guy at a stand opposite the beach for a bargain 300 tbh which came back ironed (The Evason and Six senses laundry is very expensive) and hired a scooter off the same guy for 200 tbh per day and went into Pran Buri to shop, eat at Kin Poo seafood restaurant and even on two occasions sat and ate with the local people at the roadside although being the only westerners in the town can be a little intimidating at times. Another must is Hua Hin at night to see the night market and enjoy a few drinks in the red light district where the atmosphere is fantastic. I recommend using a local taxi from Pak Nam Pran to get there but use a Hua Hin taxi to return because they work far later. Check out from the hotel was seamless although we arrived at Bangkok airport for our return flight 3 hours before check in opened!! This was the fault of hotel beds who put me and my partner in a taxi with 2 other people who were flying 2 .5 hours before us. It is situations like this where you miss having a representative from the travel company. All in all The Evason six senses is a relaxing and luxurious hotel with very friendly, helpful hard working staff and one i would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. The Beach is open daily for lunch and dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. The Earth Spa presents a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all public areas throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi