“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel

You added Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   68/101 King Kaew Road, Racha Thewa 10540, Thailand (Formerly Miracle Hometel Suvarnabhumi)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here back in 2008 on our way back from Koh Samui stop over and back home to England. Back then the rooms were great and eating in the Restuarant was reasonable. When therefore our flight details changed from 00hrs to 1115hrs I decided to book again. Maybe I have a bad memory? Hotel is tired looking, carpets are worn, room stank of stale cigarettes and blinds all broken. Only a stopover but this time felt worse than the travelodge in Brighton which is only £48 per night! The food in the restaurant seemed a reasonable price, but then you have to add on 10% service charge and 7% tax these days so for a family of 4 ( 2 teens) it is pricey for Thailand! Overall a scrappy and tired hotel 15ins away from the airport. I would pay more next time and get somewhere nearer.

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
amrb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

It's actually 10-15 minutes away from the airport which is not what the site leads you to believe. The first room we were offered smelt terrible so we asked to move. The second room was ok but the bathrooms are shielded by glass sliding doors (frosted) but you can see people in there- not great if you're not with a partner or close friend! The windows do not open and are only In the bathroom so there is no natural light in the bedroom and you cannot get any fresh air. The breakfast was good though- lots of choice and freshly made.

Room Tip: Ask for one which doesn't smell!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel caters for the overnight stay/thrifty businessman market, so one should not expect much.
Free shuttle service by contacting the hotel representative in one of the exits of the airport - just ask around.
Agree that the room setup makes you think of another type of establishment.

On our arrival around 8pm we did not have many choices for dinner - the Japanese restaurant was closed and the Chinese was eerily empty so we went for the cafeteria and had some average food (my sweet and sour pork was fine but my wife's fried rice with beef was not). Eggs at breakfast were on the greasy side. We did not use the other facilities - by the way there is a minimart next to the restaurant so you can get some stuff if you need it.

Look out for the sick fish in the fishbowl at the lobby

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We had to stay overnight because thai airways cancelled our plane, and "offered us a night " in this hotel : dirty, noisy, in the most poluted area of Bangkok, and the worse is the staff, not helpful, very bad mood, from waitresses to,manager, a terrible hotel and people to quickly forget after such a nice trip in thailand and meeting nice people.

If you want to find an easy and fair hotel very close the airport go to Vismaya hotel
But forget miracle hotel : where they find this name anyway

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was put up in this hotel for one night due to a flight delay.
Terrible place, in a strange industrial zone. The room was dismal, grey, plug coming out of the wall. No sound proofing, noisy. Diner was included in this 'stopover' - the worst meal I had in Asia. Depressing restaurant that looked more like a staff canteen.
Makes me wonder where they took these photos?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were arriving late from an international flight and booked this hotel because it was close to the airport, cheap, and offered airport pick up. It perfectly served its needs. The location is not good for touring, but excellent going to/from the airport. The staff picked us up and checked us in despite a phone call, airport list, and check in list that did not have my expedia reservation. They speak English, breakfast is included and is a decent buffet. The room initially had that musty smell that happens in the tropics, but the a/c worked well and helped with that. Otherwise clean and well-appointed. Included room safe and tea kettle (I use to boil tap water for drinking). Excellent value and gave us a good night's sleep after a long journey. I would use them again.

• Stayed November 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Having been taken quite seriously ill in Bhutan my wife & I had flown to Bangkok where we booked in for two nights at the airport Novotel (see my review). Because I had still not received clearance to fly home & because the Novotel was full I asked my Insurers to find us another hotel. At the time I did not understand the concierge's look of incredulity when I asked him to get us a taxi to the Miracle.
The hotel was 20 minutes drive away from the airport situated in a rather seedy light industrial area.On entering the tatty entrance lobby we encountered the reception staff dealing none too politely with a group of heavily tattooed, shaven headed women and men apparently arguing over free drinks vouchers, Thai men and their "lady friends" and a rather shocked and angry middle aged European couple who had just discovered where their travel agent had sent them for a stopover night.
We were shown up to our room which was a pebble dashed cell, 444A, with no natural light, smelling strongly of must & cheap perfume. The only window was in the bathroom which was equipped with a jacuzzi! Frankly it looked like a room that should be rented by the hour. More importantly for us was that it was impossible to make international calls from the room. I also understood from the staff, who spoke hardly any English, that they had no fax facilities.I then had to endure the embarrasing and intimidating experience of having to make shouted phone calls at the reception desk to my "medical assistance" company . My wife, understandably was by now, in tears. At that point a taxi delivered another shocked couple to the hotel so I approached the driver who fortunately spoke good English & I asked him to take us to the nearest international brand hotel. As a parting shot the porter refused to bring our bags back down; you may recall the reason why I was sent to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!