Having been taken quite seriously ill in Bhutan my wife & I had flown to Bangkok where we booked in for two nights at the airport Novotel (see my review). Because I had still not received clearance to fly home & because the Novotel was full I asked my Insurers to find us another hotel. At the time I did not understand the concierge's look of incredulity when I asked him to get us a taxi to the Miracle.
The hotel was 20 minutes drive away from the airport situated in a rather seedy light industrial area.On entering the tatty entrance lobby we encountered the reception staff dealing none too politely with a group of heavily tattooed, shaven headed women and men apparently arguing over free drinks vouchers, Thai men and their "lady friends" and a rather shocked and angry middle aged European couple who had just discovered where their travel agent had sent them for a stopover night.
We were shown up to our room which was a pebble dashed cell, 444A, with no natural light, smelling strongly of must & cheap perfume. The only window was in the bathroom which was equipped with a jacuzzi! Frankly it looked like a room that should be rented by the hour. More importantly for us was that it was impossible to make international calls from the room. I also understood from the staff, who spoke hardly any English, that they had no fax facilities.I then had to endure the embarrasing and intimidating experience of having to make shouted phone calls at the reception desk to my "medical assistance" company . My wife, understandably was by now, in tears. At that point a taxi delivered another shocked couple to the hotel so I approached the driver who fortunately spoke good English & I asked him to take us to the nearest international brand hotel. As a parting shot the porter refused to bring our bags back down; you may recall the reason why I was sent to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle Suvarnabhumi features 170 Deluxe rooms, Junior Suites and Miracle Suites. All rooms are spacious with minimalist decor, large bathroom which is nicely equipped to give a feel of being home while away from home.The hotel also has a variety of facilities and services including all day dining at the coffee shop, sumptuous Chinese restaurant and traditional Japanese restaurant, Fitness center & spa, out door rooftop swimming pool comprehensive business services and meeting facilities, that are sure to meet the needs of both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Hometel Suvarnabhumi Hotel Racha Thewa
- Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Thailand/Racha Thewa