“Santa Marina Hotel Mykonos” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ornos Bay, Ornos 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ornos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
“Santa Marina Hotel Mykonos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Beautiful hotel with very nice private sandy beach with clear water and fishes swimming around you. Close to Mykonos City.Great service and hospitality. All staff members are very kind and helpful. Surrounding is amazing. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Berkswell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we went for a weeks break early Sept this year and couldnt fault this hotel - even the amount of steps from our room to the beach didnt matter because it was so lovely (and of course the excercise was good to walk off the breakfast)
Staff were excellent in every location (beach staff especially friendly & efficient and extremely hardworking!)
Great location too, could walk into Ornos Bay for a drink or dinner if you didnt fancy hectic Mykonos town
Found whole place very charming & would highly recommend

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms, better view & more private as long as you don't mind a few steps
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This property was absolutely AMAZING. I had a rough day getting to Mykonos from Milan, Italy. Once I got of the plane, I started feeling better. Upon arriving at the property, my spirits were even more lifted. Upon checking in, I dealt with Alex at the front desk. He was extremely pleasant and professional. Not only taking the time to me help me understand the property, but also just making me feel welcomed. After my room was assigned, Vicky to me to my room. Vicky's personality and smile are so welcoming. She is an absolutely joy. I asked if I got upgraded, with my SPG Gold membership and she said yes, your room is nice, "However, you have the best view and deck on property." Now I just thought she was being pleasant. My room was very nice and clean, it met the standard expectation. Well, when Vicky took me out to my balcony, the reason why I came to Mykonos was answered. This balcony was INCREDIBLE. It had to be 800-1000 square feet. The views were just intoxicating. I thanked Vicky very much and told her, "she wasn't lying."

Now, this is just upon entrance so the property had a lot to deliver. My entire stay was exceptional. From Xenia, the hostess, at the breakfast restaurant, to everyone else. The staff was extremely nice and friendly and ALWAYS spoke. My room was always cleaned in a fashionable time and turn down service was excellent. The housekeepers all over the property smiled and said "Good Morning."

I love that at this property, you pretty much didn't have to sign for anything. You just gave them your room number. It just made the stay more appealing.

Location is excellent. Ornos Bay was a quick 5 minute walk away, if you wanted to get something "off of property." Actually, the town of Mykonos, the hotel shuttle takes you 4 times a day, is only 2 1/2 miles away, so one day I just made my run there.

The people all over Mykonos was just so nice.

Now even though this property was amazing, there were something's that hopefully, they can improve on. The gymnasium, while suitable, could be upgraded. For one, they can at least add second exercise ball and also upgrade their gym equipment.

Definitely, the most disappointing thing was the steak that I had for dinner at the Bayview Restaurant. It was a ribeye and was very fatty and unflavourful. Everything else was delicious.

I definitely seem myself returning to this property in the future and hopefully, I will see some familiar faces.

Room Tip: Room 177. Enough said.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I started traveling to Mykonos back in 2005 however, once I discovered Santa Marina back in 2009 the thought of staying at another Hotel would never cross my mind! This Hotel is Perfection at it's best from being picked up upon arrival at the airport to the smiling face their Staff especially Marina who was always there around the clock and happy to Assist.

The rooms are fabulous, nicely styled, clean and contemporary. The balcony is a nice feature with great views of the Ocean and unforgettable sunset. The service in all aspects is second to none, and having your own private beach is surely an advantage!

The hotel itself and the decor is stunning. The restaurants provide a wide variety of tasty food and nice wines are available. The entertainment is enjoyable in their Oceanside Restaurant was enjoyable .

The location is great as you are not far away from local shops and restaurants and with complimentary shuttle to Mykonos Town it's great for families or couples. The Spa is also a nice treat, many treatments available for you or as a couple.

Once you have stayed at this Hotel you will truly not look anywhere else...Thanks for another great Stay Santa Marina!!!

Room Tip: All of the Rooms have great views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Santa Marina Resort & Villas is located at amazing place. The sea on the beach there is so clear that even when you go deep inside you can see fishes moving fast on the bottom. I have never seen a sea and sky with such an amazing shades of blue ... and the sunset is something you shouldn't miss. The best place for meeting the sunset is named "The small Venice" in the center of Mykonos - Hora, but if you couldn't get on time there you can watch it from some of the villas too.
I have spent my holiday at Santa Marina with a big company - almost 40 people. We were accommodated in different rooms, suites and villas, with private swimming pools inside. Everywhere was very clean, comfortable and beautifully arranged, with a view towards the sea - in short - a joy for the eye and the senses.
The breakfast there is something you shouldn't miss - it is very rich and tasty and there is even champagne :)
The reason for our holiday was a big birthday party of one of the ladies of the company. The party took place at Santa Marina Resort at the Bayview Beach Restaurant, where chef Makis makes miracles in the kitchen. The party was great and everybody had lots of fun, thanks to his tasty meals, our beloved DJ - Mr. V-POZ and of course all the people involved in the organisation, decoration, service and so on. Everything was just perfect.
But the thing, that enchanted me most at Santa Marina, are the people... For example, when you go in the restaurant - after one day only, the waiters know your name, what do you like to drink and how do you like it... I have never met in my intire life more smiling, kind and friendly people - from the chamber ladies to the general manager - all of them makes you feel pampered and relaxed. And if you want to make a party or event there or just you need something special - just turn to Maria - she is a real angel and she turned the whole organisation of our party in a piece of cake for us.
Thank you Santa Marina for the lovely moments you gave to me and my friends!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Makis A, Manager at Santa Marina Resort & Villas, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Petya Y,

I am excited to hear all this kind and warm feedback !
It makes us so proud that all our efforts for this very special occasion of yours, have fully met your expectations. All Santa Marina team will receive your praise with great enthusiasm and I think it is not too much to say that everyone in the Resort considers you as ''part of us''.

Once more, I would like to thank you and extend an invitation to return next summer that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you to our completely renovated rooms and suites!
In the mean time I wish you all the best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Huge property with beautiful bungalows, well appointed. Home-made bread at every meal. Well appointed workout room. Great beach! Located minutes by cab from great night action and daytime shopping.
Wonderful friendly service. Grounds were clean and well kept. Gorgeous view from rooms (private balcony) and beach.
Great, healthy, and pretty to the eye, bountiful breakfast buffet (and cappuccino and latte on the house!!
Would go back in a minute.

• Stayed September 2013
Makis A, Manager at Santa Marina Resort & Villas, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Missiondoc,

Thank you so much for your nice and warm comments, it is really important for us to see that we have met our valued guests expectations and your experience has left you with fond memories and the wish to return.

At this point I would like to proudly announce that the plans for total renovation of the majority of our accommodations are underway and will be finalized before next year's season start.
The new rooms concept will be a contemporary elegant décor, maintaining the resort’s world-class character, providing a sophisticated feel with astonishing seaviews from the private balconies or patios and the new interiors will aim to offer all the modern comforts of a luxury accommodation as well as elegant washrooms.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Santa Marina, in the meantime I wish you all the best.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Mykonos was the first of the Greek Islands that we visited on our vacation in Greece with our good friends. When we arrived at the Santa Marina, we were really impressed! The reception is quite busy so it took some time to get registered. We also had to wait for our rooms. The property is very lovely, and very relaxed, reminiscent of an older Four Seasons type resort. Our Rooms were very nice, with excellent views. The beach is outstanding! The best sand and swimming we have experienced in our touring of the islands. The beach bar and service was fantastic as well. We enjoyed our day, in town, and our nights in town start at 11pm and run until 5 or 6am. This is how it is in Mykonos. Getting a taxi in the evening wasn't too difficult, but if you want to get around by day, you will need a car, or moped, or prearranged transportation.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Santa Marina Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!