“Great little hotel with superb staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Star Pacific
East Dorgah Gate, Ambarkhana, Bangladesh   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sylhet Division
Derry, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel with superb staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 days and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Rooms are clean with all facilities one could wish for. They vary greatly in size so be sure to ask for one of the larger rooms - makes such a difference.
Restaurant was superb with lots if choice and incredibly cheap.
Decent pool area to relax as well.
One downside was no bar to relax at.
Staff very friendly and professional. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Rooms are good . The hotel is value for money. Getting there from airport can be a bit of challenge as its in interiors . Rooms are clean . Staff very hospitable . But view from room is not great as its in a small narrow road surrounded by mosque, small shops etc . ALso break fast buffet is not good selection especially if you are a vegetarian .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed there for 5 nights during my business trip in Bangladesh beginning of this month. I had booked to stay for 7 nights at Hotel Metro but had to move to Hotel Star Pacific after 2 nights of tolerating cold room, food and poor service from staff and management of Metro Hotel.

Staff at Hotel Pacific were welcoming, friendly and always helpful giving tips to sightseeing, shopping and eating. The rooms were very spacious and warm. At breakfast, the waiter asked me what type of breakfast I would prefer. Opting for traditional Bangladeshi breakfast, the chef cooked my omelette to perfection and the vegetable stirfry was flavoursome. Hotel staff, chef and management made my stay very pleasant. Well done guys, specially to Ahmed – your knowledge and customer skills are 5 star!

My only nagging point is that the internet connection was wee bit slow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I came here to have an evening meal . I brought my entire extended family and formed a group of about 50 people. We only booked a couple of hours in advance but they were able to accommodate us and have everything available for us on from the menu. The restaurant is typical Bangladeshi Chinese, but the best that I have eaten in Sylhet We arrived at about 8 pm and ordered drinks for everyone, which came pretty quickly. A couple of people sorted out what we were going to order for everyone and this was ordered within half and an, all together. The food came amazingly quickly considering how much we ordered and tasted great. Service throughout the evening was great and the waiters were friendly (not a given in Bangladesh). Everyone in the group commented what a great party it was with good service and food. I will be back next time I am in Bangladesh and would stay in the hotel. I had a look at some rooms whilst I was there and they looked luxurious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here at beggining december 2013. Were introduced to general manager on welcome and were given some drinks. We originally had a double room which we thought was a bit small then upgraded to a presidential or executive suite (cant remember exact name) this was much better. Spacious and with much better facilities.two toilets and lounge area. And a master bedroom with en suite. Our room was very clean and tidy. We had room service every day. And could have even ask for it twice a day if we wanted. The staff were so friendly and polite. Always were helpful and would go the extra mile to make u feel comfortable. The restaurent was good standard and food was all cooked fresh (hence the long wait sometimes for food to arrive) but you cant complain when u know the food is fresh. It was also very cheap. The only downfall which I experienced was maybe the issue around damp. The rooms are not ventilated the best. Before we picked our room, we looked around a few rooms before we chose the one we liked. And I could smell damp in some of the rooms. This was slightly off putting. In hot countries they dont open the windows as much if air conditioning is available. Which is not good when u have a hot shower or bath and room gets steamy. This is probably an accidental mistake or lack of awareness more than neglect. However this does not bring the hotel down by all means when you compare it to its positives. I hope to come back and stay here again. Everyone here is really friendly and their customer service is top level. The staff here are just very very accomodating!!!!.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel on a number of occasions. The hotel is located at a nice quite location and not to far from the centre of town and its amenities.

The hotel is nice and clean, the food is of a good standard and the service is perfect as they try to accommodate you and your needs as best to their abilities.

Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights in September. The hotel is modern and clean. I had a corner room which was large. Plenty of TV channels and good wireless internet. The only problem with the room was lack of hot water in the bathroom (which I did not complain about) and a few cockroaches.

The restaurant is very good and quite cheap. They also arranged the airport pick-up in their new microbus. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Star Pacific? Share your experiences!