“Top value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tubakula Beach Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coral Coast
Tubakula Beach Bungalows
Queens Highway | Korotogo, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Suva, Fiji
“Top value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

3 nights for 3 adults and 2 children from Easter Friday to Easter Monday 2013 - we booked an Ocean View Bungalow because all the Beachfront ones were full - so naturally I thought we would barely be able to view the sea...reality: Beach bungalows are about 10 metres from the water and the Ocean View - 15 metres! - as in practically on the water too, and they are stationed a row behind but between the Beachfront ones so you still get a direct and uninterrupted view of the beach! - just brilliant! The Bungalows are HUGE - they are so big and spacious, I was very pleasantly surprised - one double bed in a room on the bottom floor and 3 single in the upstairs huge loft area. It was a total bargain at $138FJD per night (YES - that's for 3 adults and 2 children!!!) Sure you have much more luxurious rooms at other resorts with all the trimmings, but for this price you would only get a closet sized room - it was a luxury having all that space. We ate in the restaurant our first night, the menu is very cheap - you're looking at around $6 - $12FJD for breakfast depending on what you want to eat and anywhere from $10-$20FJD for dinner - the service is incredibly slow as there is only one chef in the kitchen and the receptionist helps out too - but we ordered our pizzas in advance so were able to eat as soon as we arrived (perfect for when you have little kids). After that, we opted to cook our own meals, which was great as you have a fully equipped kitchen (except no oven or microwave) - but it didn't matter, we weren't there to cook full on gourmet meals! We loved having the full sized fridge and not the usual mini-bar fridge. Bungalow was clean, the pool was lovely and the staff pleasant, friendly and very helpful.

There are no TV's in the bungalow and the common room TV lounge is only open til 9.30pm so I took a laptop and some kids DVDs just in case it rained and we found ourselves indoor one evening - so that was handy because it did rain one evening and we had a DVD night :)

No photos - I normally take plenty of pics for reviews but unfortunately dropped my phone and broke it :( But not to worry, I have another one now.

Will definitely stay there again! Thank you Tubakula for a lovely Easter weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Tubakula from 3 March to 16 March 2013. What a lovely place to stay. So quiet, the staff are all friendly from the beautiful girls at front reception who are happy to assist with any request to the cleaning, maintenance & security staff are all friendly and wonderful. I could not fault my stay at all. Anything we needed it was not a problem for anyone of the staff to assist us and always a big bula when ever I walked past them. The pizza's are execellent. All units are self contained and very clean only complaint no aircon but we did have .fans The pool was excellent to swim in. We stayed in a roadside bure at first it was a bit noisy at first but it did not take long to adjust to the noise. It is a 5 min walk to the Outrigger Resort via the road but I found it much nicer walking via the beach. There are a few shops at the Outrigger especially Tappoo and Jacks. At Tappoo you can buy snacks and drinks and local papers save you going into Town all the time. If you wanted to go into Sigatoka the local coral coast buses stopped at the front of Tubakula and it was is $1,00 FJD for the 20min ride. Pay the bus driver at the end of the trip. Outrigger have 3 resturants to eat at but much dearer than Tubakula. This was my seventh trip to Fiji over 30 years and I would not hesitate to stay at Tubakula again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a great 3 days, around New Years 2013 with family and friends$ families had own bungalows. Basic self contained. Clean, well maintained, has Pool and BBQ. 40 sec wlk to the beach/reef. Good swimming holes in the reef. Safe for the kids under supervision.

Friendly helpful staff.
Had a cooked to order breakfast, yum yum and at a great price.

Thank you from the Bonett /Rokosuka Family for your warm friendly charm.

Room Tip: Any Bungalow you may hear a loud thud on the roof, it's only a falling coconut!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paderborn, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I took my family into Tubakula in May 2012.We only spent a night here due to jet leg as we were just passing through to Suva.It is such a quiet location, peaceful and calm. With Radio Fiji Gold FM on, oh I love the atmosphere and I would recommend Tubakula for anyone who is on a vacation and holiday trip away from city life and office lifestyles.There is the pool shed where you can enjoy making BBQ and quiet nite alone in the pool.Sunrise and sunset is no difference from 5stars hotel around Fiji. A 5 mins walk to Outrigger Resort and a couple of Bars up the road if you are looking for some local night out.Staffs do what they do, and we enjoyed our privacy very much.Hope to spend more time there on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Tubakula by no means is a fancy resort, but it is an amazing slice of paradise on the Fijian Coral Coast. I stayed there Christmas last year and will be returning again this year, in a matter of weeks. I stayed in the beach front bungalows. There are no TV's, Internet, but you have quite possibly one of the most picturesque beaches I have seen. Every morning is beautiful, every sunset is exquisite. I was worried about insects, but I killed two little flying insects my whole stay. I was worried about the lack of air conditioning, but in the evening you get the ocean breeze, which means the fan more than sufices. The frogs do come out when it's wet, but they also come out in fancy resorts in Denarau... It's a part of Fiji. The outrigger is only a 5 minute walk away, which is filled with heaps of entertainment. Sigatoka is a 1FJD ride away and has the best fresh priduce! I'm excited to go back!

Room Tip: I would only stay in the Beachfront Bungalows. They are only $10/night more expensive, but well wort...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Suva, Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tubakula is so amazing to stay since it very affordable & very relaxing same time especially for us city people. The villas was a bit not to that high standard but overall i would rates 95% for my stay at tubakula.
Very nice view, Clean sea water for snokerling, Good beaches, Oh some staffs are so rude & they can't even smile at us especially the locals, we should be treated equally because we are paying the same rate as the tourists.
Pool is not that deep but very good for cooling down during the hot weather.
Havent tasted food from the restaurants but prefer to buy your own food when going to tubakula.
Awesome place to stay since it's near town costing you only 70cents catching a bus.
Near to many amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are dirty and we got bed bugs. The mattress was old and had holes in it, the food in the restuarant is not bad but the service is slow. The beach is not that great. Some of the staff are quiet rude, all of these problems wouldn't have mattered if the staff were easier to deal with when I discovered they had given us bed bugs. After this 5 night painful experience we went to mana island and had a great time. The islands off Nandi are the only way to go.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Tubakula Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!