“Very good location and a grand hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cox's Bazar
Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
You added Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
28 - 29 Hotel Motel Zone, Kolatoli Road, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cox's Bazar
dhaka
“Very good location and a grand hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The only negative would be that is a bit pricey. But of course so are all the other options of a similar quality. It is clearly the best in the city so far in overall consideration. The moment you will arrive at the Hotel especially if it is in the evening when its dark outside, you will have a good impression of the lighting and decor. Staff are friendly. Buffet breakfast is very nice, but other meals in the restaurant could improve. Rooms are nicely decorated. Pool is nice.

Room Tip: Choose sea facing room in lower-mid floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been around lots of beach's around the world by far this is the longgest. Great hospitality in the hotels with excellent service , great food. So many types of food all with great taste. Lots of lovley places to tour around and have fun , excellent for family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My recent travel experience to Ocean paradise guides that, it is much spacious than any other hotels in Coxs Bazar. No doubt, they have a concern for cleanliness and welcoming you on board. But the staffs are not well trained or rather friendly over there. No doubt, this hotel is the "Most Distant" and large one from the Coxs Bazar beach (Both Kolatali and Laboni Point).

Hospitality is such a word, which is found in insufficient manner in "Ocean Paradise". Only except the housekeeping, you will never be able to find any solutions or a desired service during your stay in time. For safety purpose, they have safety vault in each room, but feeling the safety and cozy living is not wothy in this hotel because, myself and some of my other friends and colleagued have reported unauthorized entry by the hotel staffs into the rooms.

The swiming pool attached to this hotel is really a wonderful one, but frankly, those who are the non smokers and family man, should think twice about making it to there beacuse the "Aqua Bar" attached to spoils the relaxing environment with more "Relaxing drug users" and very unfortunately, hotel authority is that much reluctant to this issue.

Another specific problem that I would like to mention may be noteworthy for all travellers. Ocean Paradise offers different class of services and it is very natural that services may come various with options. But if you are not staying in their priority rooms, they will just recall your memories of "DISCRIMINATION" which is neither desired or expected as being a client of their service.

If you planning for a trip to there, I would strongly recommend, just stop. There are so many good hotels here in Coxs Bazar and most of them are less costly than this "Packages" hotel. I personally would never want to look Back over there, inspite of their amenities.

Truly, its such a "Hotel Hell" !

Room Tip: If you are still adament with your determination of living in hotel hell, then you are most welcome...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have visited there with my husband from 19th-21st October 2013. The horrible experience started just after we entered there. They said I have to pay the full bill upon arrival. It was not a problem I have given them my visa card and the lady in the reception Fahmida punched it. When we reached our room I received sms from bank that I have charged twice. I complained to the front desk and they denied. Later on I have checked my online account and challenged them but the lady bargained that she did not. Finally she found it that she have punched my card twice and after a complicated procedure I got my money back and she did not even think it necessary to say a single sorry!!! These full thing just turned our holiday mood off.

That was not all. The night before we returned back, when we got back from shopping we found 2 guys have entered our room. They were searching for something. When I asked them, they replied they came to check the Minibar. But I know I have not asked to set minibar and I have already made the room cleaned by the room service. I asked to front desk, why were they here here? Were they authorized to do that. They replied immediately that these guys were not supposed to be in my room. They will take care of it. But we did not received any feed back how the things have been taken care of. Finally our last night was with a very insecure feeling. We thought that anybody may come to our room. A hotel with such a bad staffs cannot be a good one instead of having it rooms better or lots of other good things. I will not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Let me share my experiences in few bullet points based on my 3 nights stay during October 2013.

Room category: Premier Deluxe Sea View with Balcony (Couple Bed) - 4th Floor

Good sides:

1) Probably the most clean hotel in Bangladesh; even the common rest rooms located in the ground floor are clean like anything. The support people are always busy in cleaning the spaces!
2) We took the complementary shuttle bus service to arrive in the hotel and my wife dropped her mobile phone in that bus while coming and she was not aware about this. And while we were check-in the driver of that bus came to me and asked if this belongs to us! We were speechless for a moment.
3) Provided chairs in the balcony on request (however it’s supposed to be there normally based on the type of room we have booked)
4) Excellent customer service, very helpful, well-mannered and courteous support people. If I come back to this hotel again; then this would be one of the main reasons!
5) Impressive beach view from the room and balcony but definitely not the best in CXB (sea crown hotel still has this advantage over Ocean paradise)
6) Hair-dryer in the bathroom and good toilet amenities. Clean towels.
7) Food is good (price is little higher but nothing absolutely out of range)
8) One of the best places to try sweet dishes. Very tasty. I have ordered a chocolate fudge cake for my daughter's 10 months celeb and the cake was very yummy. Its one the finest fudge cakes I have ever had. The chef Mr. Bappy took extra care to make this happen and absolutely as per the requirements! (BTW .. all sweet dishes except the milk shakes!!!!)
9) Special thanks to the waiter Mr. Delwar. He was very attentive and observed that we give soft bun to our child and he asked on the next days if we require the same for our daughter as it was not there in the menu for those days!
10) Special Thanks to theGM and Mr. Majed for helping us with the transport :- )
11) They have a spa center and provide good foot massage!
12) Superb complementary break-fast. They have variation and the food taste/quality is satisfactory!
13) Mr. Rony from Dhaka OP office helped us a lot with the booking. He was very helpful and courteous and tried to understand the client's requirement first.

Areas of improvement:

1) Hot water is not always available. They ensure this on the high time and during the non-high time you need to request and after request it takes 5-8 minutes to get the hot water. This is not something acceptable when you are staying in a 5 star hotel. The hot water should be available 24/7 and not based on request.
2) The room is not very specious. (Its okay, but not wow!)
3) Complementary tea/coffee arrangement/set-up (self-service) in the room is very common when you are staying in a 5 star hotel, but here its not available in the room.
4) No mobile AC remote. The AC remote/controller is fixed in the wall and it was a VERY BIG problem for us as we need to change the AC temperature frequently due to our baby. And every-time we had to get-up from the bad to change the temperature.
5) No footwear provided by the hotel for the room.
6) No hand-shower for bath! And they don’t provide the toilet amenities/toiletries everyday if they see a little is still left and they have mixed up our toothbrushes twice without providing a new set!
7) Very poor menu for drinks (not a good number of mock-tails or such). This was very disappointing for us.
8) They kept the shisha service off without any further notice and when we reached there we have found that they have kept it off due to a family get-together program! They could have sms-ed this to the people in advance who are staying the hotel.
9) They have a habit to turn off the AC in the restaurant when the number of guests reduces. It happened twice with me and they re-start the AC after request. These are very cheap activities and don’t expect from a hotel like ocean paradise.

More or less it was a very good experience and I hope to come back again to this place :- )

Room Tip: 1. Try to stay in 4th floor and above. 2. In 4th floor rooms numbered between 400-416 are good ones...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 day. Hotel location is good and rooms which are having see view is good. rooms are comfortable. I find room services also very good. we booked 3 rooms.
But hotel roof top barbecue restaurant is horrible. Food quality is not absolutely up to the mark compare to prices of the food. Even the service also not good. The kind of room rate and food price they take and the find of service and food quality which is provided is not at all up to the mark . I would say you can stay in this hotel but never have food . There are lot of other good restaurants near by which provide good food with much more chipper price.

Room Tip: see side rooms and 4/5 th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chittagong, null, Bangladesh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The most rubbish hotel in cox's bazar,specially for corporate groups where the hotel personnel push guests for an occupied rooms several times.Me and my colleague of Ericsson was waited near abt 3 hours starting from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm where as per ocean paradise policy is suppose to their c.in time is 2 o'clock.And at the end of the day we are changing near abt 10 times rooms which rooms are previously occupied by other guest. The most wasted service i have ever seen in a hotel like this. Money worth nothing in this hotel else getting rubbish hospitality......Think Before go to this hotel..........

Room Tip: Rooms Facing on Sea....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!