“Long Beach Hotel,Great Value, Charge to Exercise " Maybe "” 5 of 5 stars

Long Beach Hotel
14 Kalatoli Road, Hotel Motel Zone, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Cox's Bazar
San Antonio, Texas
“Long Beach Hotel,Great Value, Charge to Exercise " Maybe "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found Bangladesh to be a lot more expensive for a third world country that I thought. Dhaka hotels, in a safe clean area are outrageously priced. The Long Beach Hotel in Cox's Bazar is an exception. A good clean room with 2 beds on the 5th floor cost me only $50.00 American Dollars (4000 taka) a night. The 2 breakfast buffet's provided per room was some of the best breakfast food I had in Bangladesh. Easily as good as the breakfast food at the Westin in Dhaka.
The breakfast crowd at the restaurant was of course full of Bangladeshi's. The staff recognized a potential problem when me and a 22 year old Bangladeshi girl came down for breakfast, and the whole place got quiet, so they thoughtfully put us on one side of the room where no one else was sitting. We were still stared at, but that did not bother us. I still got to be loud and obnoxious.

One problem I had at the hotel was being able to ride an elyptical bike every day. They wanted to charge me a package price of $20 per day to exercise, swim in the pool and use the sauna. I immediately screamed at them "All I want to do is ride an elyptical bike for 1 hour every day. You're not going to charge me $20.00 for that!.....DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I CAN HAVE YOU FIRED IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES!!!" He said, "Of course I know who you are. You have been here before.......you're a legend in your own mind." I began to weep. The manager took notice of this and said "fine, let him ride on the stupid elyptical bike every day. Get him out of here and up into his room!"

Being an American, and a BULLY, I respectfully got my way!!!! The staff seemed very happy upon my departure, and unlike everyone else......did not wish me a safe journey, nor did they ask me to come back again on my next visit to Bangladesh. In spite of all of this, I do recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cox's Bazar. They were even able to accommodate an American bully like me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dhaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Long beach hotel is one of the best and luxurious 5 Star hotel in cox's Bazar Bangladesh. I really enjoyed during my stay there. their service is top class. the food is awesome, the environment is mesmerizing. I really had fun staying on that hotel. They have all 5 star facilities. excellent meeting room, the cafe 14, cozy restaurant, poolside bar, a beautiful swimming pool. a very good and memorable experience for me there.

Room Tip: All the rooms there are very good, but i liked the honeymoon suit. We booked the room from an Onlin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Location is very comfortable, though you need transportation to go to beach. But thats the only drawback. From interior to service, facilities to comfortiivality, the hotel is five star. Highly recommended cozy restaurant and cafe 14. You will like the food. Best dry fish varta at Cox's Bazar. In cafe 14 try chocolate eclair...its simply mouth watering. All together, it was a memorable staying....

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Last week me and my younger brother suddenly made a plan to visit Cox's Bazar and boarded the night bus...We arrived early morning around 9am and were promptly given early check-in by the friendly front desk staff of the hotel...A smiling waiter was waiting for us with welcome drinks...Instantly we were connected to Free wi-fi at the lobby...My younger brother gave our a shriek of delight when he saw our room with the fantastic interiors and sea view from the balcony...The hotel breakfast was totally amazing with a range of food items to choose from...The swimming pool and jacuzzi was out of the world...During late nights we would call up the room service around 3am asking for ice and snacks and that would happily be served to us by the amazing staff...At the end of the trip we didnt feel like leaving the hotel and cursed ourselves for not staying at this fantastic property during our previous visits to Cox's Bazar...A bigtime thanks definitely goes our to the hotel's Manager - Sales & Marketing Mr. Imran Humayun Khan for persuading me to stay there...For those of you who are planning on visiting Cox's Bazar look nowhere else...Long Beach is by far the best place to stay...

Room Tip: I would suggest booking sea view rooms so that you can have the magnificent view of the longest sea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dhaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We are absolutely delighted to have stayed at the Long Beach! We actually had a late check-in at 8.30pm on 13th April since we shifted here from The Cox Today,the manager was really helpful and generous and gave us a 50% discount since it was an off season period. We stayed at the premier double room (front facing),which was nice,clean,had a very comfy bed,a minibar and all the basic amenities needed..loved the shower,and the ventilation system was really good and the washroom could dry out very quickly.
we were mesmerized by the decor of the hotel lobby,and the maintenance was superb..the lobby and all the other areas were so clean and neat! there was an employee who was seen to be cleaning and wiping the floors every 10 minutes,and the lights,the music,the comfy sofas at the lobby was so comfortable and soothing..loved the environment that was so relaxing..the location is also ideal since it stands on the main hotel motel zone road,and rickshaws and taxis are available all around..for KFC lovers,its a good thing since KFC is located in the opposite side of the hotel :-D
the staffs were really courteous,with a welcoming and helping attitude and always served us with a smile..loved their professionalism..breakfast was complimentary and was great,had quite a selection,with a variety of bread and cakes in addition.
the room service was very good as well,once i asked for a hair dryer,and it was delivered within a few minutes and the receptionist called and said it was complimentary,how nice!
loved their swimming pool as well,the water was clean and so was the surrounding.
we stayed for 1 night and also got a free drop to the airport by the hotel car.
Overall i would say it was a wise decision for us to have stayed here,a place that gives their guests so much at such a good price! it was a real bargain..after Ocean Paradise,i would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who wants comfort and good service in cox's bazar!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a very decent hotel and a great escape if you're looking for a clean room with (working) air conditioning. Great value for money! I stayed here in off-season and got 50% discount (a real bargain). I actually moved from Mermaid Eco Resort to Long Beach because you get so much more value for money in this hotel. (internet/airconditioning/buffet breakfast/airport pick up -drop). Staff is helpfull & friendly (as expected in a proposed 5 star hotel). I would really recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
dhaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Last year we stayed in long beach for one week and we enjoyed every moment. And I prefer to stay over there rather than the other big hotels in cox's bazar. We were really happy with the service and food and decoration was up to mark of our expectation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!