“go to this place and stayhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vallex Garden Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stepanakert
Vallex Garden Hotel
You added Vallex Garden Hotel to your Saves list
35 Nelson Stepanyan, Stepanakert 0010, Azerbaijan   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stepanakert
washington, dc
“go to this place and stayhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

i am an experienced world traveler of mature years, picky on hotels (but not overly so), who does much advance research on my travels, including the accommodations, and therefore is rarely really disappointed in them.
first of all, go to ngorno-karaback, but watch out, IT ISN"T IN AZERBAIJAN !! it isn't really, according to the ngorno-karabackis, "in" anywhere, it is a separate, but not internationaly recognised, country. but for all practical purposes, it is "in" armenia. it is easy to get there. you just go in a mashrutka from yerevan to stepanakert, morning departure, afternoon arrival. painless, and a lovely drive. you can combine it with a visit to goris. at the border of ngorno-karaback, you show your passport, get a permit, and on the first business day of your stay, you take it over to the ministery of the interior (friendly little hassle-free place, no worries !!) and get a "visa" paper which you turn back in at the border when you leave. there is no "out of" or "back in to" armenia element in all this. it is totally easy and sure. lots to do in ngorno-karaback and it is super safe and firendly. more so than my home town of washington, dc, usa !!
anyway, stay in this place, it is so luxurious it is like a joke. they even play opera arias in the hallways. super super kind and helpful staff, english speaking, 24 hrs. computer room/business center 24 hrs. a beautiful spa and pool, central location, exquisite rooms, lovely baths. beautiful dining room, great service, fabulous dinners, wonderful breakfast. why isn't life always just the vallex garden in stepanakert, ngono-karaback ?? it is a posetive DREAM !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
mgalumyan, General Manager at Vallex Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Gear Guest,

Whatever you write in your feedback is made to be noted and valued by our dear guests! Thanks for seeing, tasting, feeling and loving this.

With hope to see you back!
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oakton, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

All the other reviewers were right on target, it is a wonderful hotel with great facilities. However for me they made it special. They noticed from my passport that it was my birthday and left in my room a birthday cake and wishes, a true personal touch.

I strongly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
mgalumyan, General Manager at Vallex Garden Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! We're happy to know that you liked staying with us.
Looking forward to see you here again!

With best regards,
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night during a two day tour of Nagorno-Karabakh — I wish we had had longer as this hotel is amazing, as is the entire country.

The staff at reception spoke impeccable English, amongst the best I came across in the Caucasus region. Check-in and check-out was efficient and they were very helpful. The waiter we had at breakfast in the restaurant was one of the best waiters I've ever had too.

The room was wonderful. Beds comfortable, bathroom clean, and a stunning view over the grounds to the football stadium with big windows that could open.

Breakfast in the morning was superb. Easily the best we'd had anywhere in the Caucasus - make sure you try the eggs. When they came out as a simple omlette we were a little underwhelmed... then we took a bite and it was absolutely magnificent. No idea what they do to them — and I know it seems weird to be going on about eggs — but wow.

The hotel is attached to a magnificent gym and spa which had a huge pool (apparently the largest in the republic) and it was a great way to cool down after exploring this amazing land.

My only gripe was that the wifi signal wasn't strong enough for my friend in the room (on iPhone), however it was fine on my Android.

Also, TripAdvisor, this needs to be corrected from Azerbaijan, as while it may be de jure part of Azerbaijan in the yes of most of the world, for the practical experience of any traveller, Nagorno-Karabakh/Artsakh is a separate country — and an amazing country it is.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest!

Please kindly note that whatever we do is to get an opinion like you shared here. Your feedback is the greatest reward for us! Please keep visiting us and we'll try to make your every visit even more enjoyable!

With best wishes,

Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Absolutely beautiful buildings and lush green surrounding, fully respectful of the local architecture and environment, with modern, high quality amenities.Very friendly and helpful staff, from reception to Spa. I would advise anyone visiting the area to stay . Please correct location on Tripadvisor. Stepanakert is in Artsakh and not Azerbaijan.
Suzy Bakalian

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mgalumyan, General Manager at Vallex Garden Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Suzy,

Thank you very much for another great feedback on our services and facilities. We hope to see you back here and make your stay even more pleasurable.
Thank you for pointing out that Artsakh (Karabakh) is not Azerbaijan. Unfortunately, when we specify location Stepanakert, TripAdvisor adds Azerbaijan as a country automatically. And businesses can do nothing here, since this is political issue.

Thank you one more time for your visit!

Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We accidentally found the Vallex Garden hotel and we were so surprised because it was unexpectedly good hotel. Wonderful place, high-quality service, friendly staff! We couldn't find anything better in Arcakh I believe)
We loved our stay there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mgalumyan, General Manager at Vallex Garden Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Diane,

Thanks you for kind words regarding your stay. Hope you'll find time to visit us again!

With best wishes,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Vallex Garden was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there on his business trip. Right in the centre of Stepanakert (the fairytale city of Karabagh, if you ask me) next to the most famous and loved landmark Park called “Pyatachok”. The building itself and the interior design are simply luxurious. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. There is a sense that this impressive Hotel is run like a family business, because every Guest receives a personal attention. Staff’s English is impeccable and they are only happy to help and advise you on any questions you might have about getting around and about the city/area in general.
Food is traditional Armenian presented and served to the best European standards, and you must try the exquisite house made desserts with traditional thyme tea (my favourite).
Make sure you make a use of 25m pool for a relaxing swim. They also have amazing SPA facilities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. You say "Visiting Karabagh was an experience of a lifetime and Vallex Garden was a real treat!" and this is best possible award for hotel team! Thanks again!

Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I liked Vallex Garden a lot. I spent great time there. I felt I am at home between my family. The staff took care of me as if they were my parents. They were friendly, cooperative and hospitable. The room is good. It is large and fits me completely. The surrounding is quiet and calm. You feel as if you are in your heaven. The food is so delicious. I tried many restaurants here, but I liked Vallex Garden restaurant food. On the other hand, the fitness floor is developed and comfortable for you to have entertainment. Moreover, I was invited to the SPA opening evening. I enjoyed it and won a 20% discount on the SPA. In addition to, I liked the relaxing atmosphere in the SPA .

Room Tip: I advise people to occupy the room 209.