“Well worth the up grade” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chard
Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel
You added Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chard | Somerset, Chard TA20 4DD, England   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chard
turkey
“Well worth the up grade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Have just had an very enjoyable 4 day break at Cricket St Thomas, we had booked a standard room late last year at below half the brochure price, we took a chance & called the hotel directly two days before our holiday, inquiring about the availability of an up grade to an historic room. We were able to go one better & got an historic suite at an exceptional price.
The suite was on the first floor of the main house had a large entrance hall, bathroom with roll top bath, big shower etc with views over the gardens, also a dressing room.
The bedroom had duel aspect windows both with great views over the gardens, from the fridge to the trouser press, hair drier etc, it was well kitted out.
The food was good, the staff helpful & friendly, the place was clean & appears to have missed the flooding, although a lot of trees have been damaged in the recent bad weather. Ideal for exploring are, we went to Lyme Regis & Sidmouth, despite early morning fog, we had beautiful afternoons at the coast, would highly recommend, although as everybody says, long walk to the restaurant & entertainment, we will go back there soon.

Room Tip: Always worth checking about an up grade at reduced rate few days before or even on arrival
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pelased to hear that you managed to get an upgrade to one of our lovely rooms in Cricket House with the superb views over the grounds. We were very fortunate that we were not badly effected with the storms and the tree are being cleared now.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Steve Grainger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
st austell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Just back from our ruby wedding anniversary break.A great weekend.As always all staff friendly and welcoming.We have visited Cricket 3/4 times a year since it opened and have already booked 2 more breaks in 2014.The overall package is hard to beat with first class entertainment,good food and lovely rooms.We have stayed in the complete range of rooms and all are clean,breakfast and dinner choices are plentiful.The hotel is continuing to be refurbished and the grounds are beautiful.The entertainment team are always looking for ways to add to your enjoyment and go that extra mile to ensure you have a good time.We have a smile on our faces as soon as we arrive and are already looking forward to our next break in April.Staff in the Holiday shop are very friendly and knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble. Not hard to see why Cricket is our favourite holiday destination.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your very special Ruby Anniversay break with us here at Cricket St. Thomas.

I thank you for the wonderful feedback on my team, it is always good to know that they look after our guests so well. I will look forward to seeing you again in April.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a four night Mon - Fri stayin an upgraded signature room located in the Garden wing.The room was spotlessly clean and well furnished.As previously stated it is a rather long walk to the main restaurant but as most of this is under cover it was not a problem.
From the moment we arrived we found the staff to be extremely polite, courteous and very industrious.
There was an excellent choice of buffet style breakfast and equally so for the evening meal.
The in-house entertainment was very good and varied each evening.
we didnt use the Gym or Spa but they seemed very popular and well equiped.
The extensive grounds are well maintained and well worth a leisurely stroll, weather permitting!
Overall this is a wonderful hotel to either explore the area ( Lyme Regis is about 40 mins away) or simply stay within the hotel and participate in the numerous daytime activities.
The only criticism i have of Warners is in their accounting procedures; both myself and my daughter on another booking were contacted and expected to pay an additional amount even though the invoice showed Paid in Full.

Room Tip: Arrive as close as you can to the check in time to get a good window seat in the restaurant, this wi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and entertainment.

Our Courtyard accommodation is near to most facilities, but if you are staying in the Walled Garden you can request to eat in our new restaurant The Granary which is nearer to the walled garden accommodation.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a 4 night mid-week break in a standard room. Very friendly & helpful staff.
One of the best Warner hotels, good room, good menu choice of appetising meals, help your self to full breakfast and dinner. Residents' Lounge restricted in space.
Long walk from Garden Wing to the main restaurant. Should have been told to urgently book into the closer Garden restaurant, but full when tried to book.
Very interesting memorials in Village Church in centre.
Good base for exploring South Coast.

Room Tip: Book a room close to the restaurant.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your break, and I will pass on your nice comments to my team.

As you found we do have an enchanting church and I am delighted that you had time to take a look around and also explore the coastline which is only half an hour away.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Rainham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Another fabulous stay at one of the best Warner hotels!!

Good food, good service, great entertainment......

The staff at this Warners are second to none - from the cleaners to the entertainment team...

Rooms are always fresh and clean
Warm and friendly reception from front desk
Gym & Spa team are helpful and on hand
Entertainment team are the best in the business - we love their shows often much better than the outside entertainment

We have already booked our next trip with a few friends who we know will love it

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous - A special stay in a historic room is a must! We do prefer the ground fl...
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fabulous time here and I will pass on you wonderful comments to my team.

I hope to see you again soon.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from another visit to Cricket St. Thomas. We had a fabulous time again. Thanks go to the staff for all their help and friendliness. The entertainment was, as usual very good. Our rooms were excellent and cleaned to a very high standard. Food also very good plenty of choice. Can't wait for next year!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had another good stay with us and I will pass on your lovely comments regarding my team, entertainment and food to all concerned.

I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Truro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We wanted to take my parents away for a couple of nights for my Dad's 80th Birthday. We wanted to go somewhere that everything would be available on site. We had never stayed at a Warner leisure but thought the website suggested it would deliver what we wanted. I wasn't sure which room we should choose I called the hotel and a very helpful lady suggested a room type and location which turned out to be perfect for our needs.
The check in process was so easy and took no time at all. The allocation of table in the dining room was good and the staff friendly and helpful. The food choice was varied and to a good standard, my parents were very impressed.
The Pavilion offered a good mix of entertainment and the entertainers gave it their all, and were more than happy to spend time with the guests, chatting before and after the shows.
The Grounds are stunning even in 70mph gales and lashing rain!
The Poole and leisure facilities are great and weren't over subscribed when we were there. I decided on a facial and massage which was a treat but added to the break.
We were surprised how reasonable drinks and snacks were, which was a concern because you do tend to stay on site.
All in all a very relaxing enjoyable break and my mum as already submitted her request for her 80th so back were are going to Warner!

Room Tip: If you want to be near the leisure centre stay in the Walled garden if you want to be close to the d...
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your family celebration with us at Cricket St. Thomas. We are very lucky that we got away quite lightly with the storm, pleased to hear that you managed to see our grounds and gardens.

I am pleaed that you enjoyed the entertainment our team like to spend time with our guests getting to know your all.

I hope to see you again soon maybe for the next elebration at Cricket.

Steve Grainger

Been to Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel? Share your experiences!