Have just had an very enjoyable 4 day break at Cricket St Thomas, we had booked a standard room late last year at below half the brochure price, we took a chance & called the hotel directly two days before our holiday, inquiring about the availability of an up grade to an historic room. We were able to go one better & got an historic suite at an exceptional price.
The suite was on the first floor of the main house had a large entrance hall, bathroom with roll top bath, big shower etc with views over the gardens, also a dressing room.
The bedroom had duel aspect windows both with great views over the gardens, from the fridge to the trouser press, hair drier etc, it was well kitted out.
The food was good, the staff helpful & friendly, the place was clean & appears to have missed the flooding, although a lot of trees have been damaged in the recent bad weather. Ideal for exploring are, we went to Lyme Regis & Sidmouth, despite early morning fog, we had beautiful afternoons at the coast, would highly recommend, although as everybody says, long walk to the restaurant & entertainment, we will go back there soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset