On arrival at the reception we were booked in and directed to our room. We had to go through very long corridors,past a church and through another long corridor.when we arrived at our room I looked in the bathroom to find mould above the bath,rust on the shower hose and around the taps on the sink.In the bedroom there was dirt next to the bed (room 455).I complained and we were moved to a much better room(473).When we got to the restaurant for for breakfast my coffee cup was dirty and I was told the dish washer wasn't working.the tables were too close together and our waiter couldn't remember what we had ordered and was useless.The Entertainment Team put on very professional shows,but didn't mix with the guests and vanished at 10.30pm.The grounds are beautiful and we had lovely walks.I left my holiday with a sore throat and have been given antibiotics for an infection.I was pleased to get home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset