“Pleased to go home” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chard
Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel
You added Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chard | Somerset, Chard TA20 4DD, England   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chard
London, United Kingdom
“Pleased to go home”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On arrival at the reception we were booked in and directed to our room. We had to go through very long corridors,past a church and through another long corridor.when we arrived at our room I looked in the bathroom to find mould above the bath,rust on the shower hose and around the taps on the sink.In the bedroom there was dirt next to the bed (room 455).I complained and we were moved to a much better room(473).When we got to the restaurant for for breakfast my coffee cup was dirty and I was told the dish washer wasn't working.the tables were too close together and our waiter couldn't remember what we had ordered and was useless.The Entertainment Team put on very professional shows,but didn't mix with the guests and vanished at 10.30pm.The grounds are beautiful and we had lovely walks.I left my holiday with a sore throat and have been given antibiotics for an infection.I was pleased to get home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hannah_Warner, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

I will of course go and check both rooms personally as this does not sound like our usual standards and therefore I am sorry. I am pleased to know that you were moved to another room which I hope was to your liking.

I am shocked to hear you did not find the Entertainment Team friendly as they work really hard to encourage everyone to dance, feel involved and of course have an excellent time. We have a live band with Team Shows and Team dancers on the dance floor. This means you can come up and dance even if your partner or friends don't want to as you always have a partner! I will ensure this is checked upon as I think it is a really great part of the Warner experience. I am sorry if you did not feel this was the case.

I hope you were able to speak to a Manager about your break. If you feel you'd like to speak further about this please don't hesitate to contact me at the Hotel.

Steve Grainger, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice place to stay, long walk to resturant and concert hall from our room. Breakfast very good although evening meal was a bit Toby carvery in value. In the middle of a dip in a valley. Rooms very big and clean with a nice patio area outside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is good to hear that you liked your room and patio. There is a walk to the main facilities from our Walled Garden accommodation, but should you come back to Cricket St. Thomas, the Courtyard accommodation is very close to most facilities.

We also have an alternative to our Tree Tops restaurant which is Fennocchi`s our Italian restaurant and many guests really enjoy the food offering there.

We hope to see you again in the future

watford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Entertainment not as good as others . no towels at the pool from August 2013 onwards. Tennis court lights obscured by tree foliage. Italain food ok . Main restaurant is a bit tight for space so you are very close to other diners. Did not like the vending machines in the corridors drinks and chocolate bars. Floors need new carpets.

Room Tip: top floor rooms a bit hot
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hannah_Warner, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to feedback.

We do of course provide towels for anyone using the Leisure Facilities. However, if you are staying with us then we are trying to encourage guests to bring their towel from their room to be more friendly to the environment.

Thank you for bringing the carpet standard to my attention. I will speak to my Maintenance Manager.

I do hope you enjoyed other aspects of your stay such as our award-winning restaurant, live entertainment and the lovely atmosphere.

Epsom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We (my wife and I) have just returned from a 3 day stay at Cricket St Thomas. The site is exceptional and the entertainment team were good.
BUT, the room was badly prepared (litter on the floor, dirty tea tray contents, broken furniture hanging off the wall, smelly bathroom).
After complaining, most of this was put right but the toilet flush was just too hard to press and so my wife did not use the in-room toilet. The result of a second complaint was that nothing would be done!
I was ignored by bar staff on more than one occasion.
This was an expensive so called four star hotel.
We went for the entertainer (Russell Watson). But now I would not go back; I will find another venue that he or anyone else is playing at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you had a few issues, but pleased that once you told us about them things were put right. I will also share you comments regarding the team and if required put some further training into place.

I hope your enjoyed Russell Watson, we have had very good comments from other guests.

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have just returned from the weekend break and found the food quality and quantity very good but fortunately did not choose the steak! We are regular visitors and found the entertainment staff energetic and hard working but we return here particularly to see Neil Graham who was as always excellent. Hope he is still there in November when we return.
Please bring back the tea/coffee at dinner - this will be appreciated by everyone!

Room Tip: book next break well ahead and in hotel for best deal some rooms are quite a way from facilities if...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello

Thank you taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and entertainment, I will pass your comments onto the Neil and the team.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

General manager
herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been to warners several times where I have had a good time. But this time I had a few complaints to make first my bedding was soiled, second our table was so small we just about fitted our plates on it (three people on a two seated table) third when I asked for coffee after my meal I was told I have to pay for it which is a cheek when we paid over £300 each for the booking. I am going back tomorrow for the Russell Watson weekend I hope I don't have any complaints!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you had issues with your bedding, this is not a regular occurance and I will investigate with our Housekeeping Manager.

Space in our restaurant is a challenge and is being looked at for the future. Tea & Coffee has in the past been complimentary and has always been at the descretion of the individual Hotel, this has never been included as part of the holiday price. We have recently made some exciting changes with our offering and we now offer a much better quality of tea/coffee. Due to this upgrade we no longer have the discretion to offer it complimentary, but we work hard to make sure it is good value for money.

I do hope you enjoyed Russell Watson, we did have many great comments from our guests.

Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been going here for quite a few years now but this time was awful ! Me & my wife went with our elderly parents on 23rd aug 2013. We were allocated rooms 105 & 109 the rooms were unclean throughout & my mother in law cleaned the bedside lamps herself. Our room 105 had a filthy bathroom bath &shower,the filth around the bath taps & shower screen was disgusting! the cleaners made a hideous attempt to clean it but still filthy. My parents room 109 needed a new shower dial (broken) but the next day when it was changed they were left with no hot water which did not get rectified so they used our shower. We found the general cleanliness of this beautiful place is failing badly. We reported all of our complaints but most fell on deaf ears , I would also add that this is not usual warners policy. This was the third year we have travelled over 400+ miles to go here & we were very disappointed. My parents are yet again going to thoresby hall for new year so I hope this( cutting back) is restricted to Cricket st Thomas. The management & staff alike should be ashamed for this disgraceful service & I hope top management looks at this situation. Make enquiries before you book would be my advice. Finally the best thing about our break was that Neil still is a quality entertainer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am genuinely shocked by your review and hope that you were able to speak to a Manager whilst on your break. We usually receive great comments about Housekeeping Standards and my team work really hard to ensure all rooms are clean with fresh towels and soft linen ready for each guest. I feel it is really important to have a spotless room when you arrive and therefore will ensure both rooms (thank you for providing the room numbers) are double checked by the Head of Housekeeping and also personally, by myself.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I will of course pass your lovely comments on to Neil who I am sure will be delighted.

Steve Grainger, General Manager

Been to Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel? Share your experiences!