We have just returned from a week here. Mostly the whole set up was fantastic but i just feel there are a few points i would like to make.
Room - we were in a Royal Room and most of the time it was fantastic, however the extractor fan in the room didn't work and the shower was so power full (which was good) but came over the bath and if we weren't careful flooded the room! 6 out of 7 of the nights we had a fantastic nights sleep and even though we could hear people upstairs and in the corridoors mostly they went to sleep same time so wasnt a problem, however on the last night the people upstairs we obviously packing unitl 1am and then got up again at 5am!!! It made us realise it could have been a lot worse.
We were very disappointed to find out that the coffee in the Pavilion bar was £2.60 but just up two small flights of stairs it is £1.50!!! Also im horrified that you now charge for tea and coffee after the meal surely there are other ways of making extra money!
Also disappointed that the train only ran once on our whole stay there.
Positive points Neil Graham the resident entertainer was fantastic and kept us entertained on several evenings. Adriana out waitress was also lovely and went out of her way to help us. The restaurant Manager was very helpful too when we requested to be moved to a more spacious table.
All the staff were very helpful, entertainment great and all in all we had a fantastic stay despite these points - can i also say that we are 49 and yes some of the youngest there but it never puts us off we still met some lovely people and had a great time.
Oh yes and Fenocchis Restuarant - if you get a chance to eat there - do i would highly recommend this.
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less