Having previously stopped at 2 other Warner Hotels, I thought I had an idea what to expect....Cricket St Thomas is very different. The moment we arrived and the reception staff booked us in it felt so much better. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful, letting us look at our table before confirming it. We ordered a bottle of wine which was waiting for us at Dinner time. I love the fact that you can choose between the buffet or waiter service... the range of choices and food available was excellent. the Dining Room is beautifully and elegantly decorated. We stayed in a Contempory Royale room and it is the biggest Hotel room i have ever stayed in... bath and separate shower (great for getting ready!) separate sofa and 2 talels and chairs overlooking the courtyard, iron, ironing board and even a bottle of red and white wine.
Yes there is a walk to the Dining room and Pavilion room for the entertainment but we had read the reviews and were prepared for it. We quite enjoyed this after the meal.
The quizzes were great fun, my partner enjoyed the Rifle Shooting and Archery whilst I had a fabulous Back Massage with Hot Mud.... great value at £35.
All the staff work very hard to make your stay feel special.. cant wait to go back!!
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less