We are just back from our second visit to Secret Bay and can't wait to get back again!! We were there exactly one year ago not long after they had opened. We enjoyed seeing the added addition of the Outlook Deck where we spent a few evenings with a glass of wine and watched the wonderful sunsets. You can even dine up there under the stars or have a massage whilst taking in the wonderful breezes, sounds and views. The food was, as usual, amazing! Rose and Eric cook wonderful dishes. A kind of mixture between local and international cuisine. All of the flavours together are so delicious.
We stayed in the Mapou Bungalow again and so relished waking up to the amazing views across the bay from our bed or just sitting on our balcony and enjoying the breeze and views.
The staff are so friendly and helpful. Two of the guys even changed our tyre for us on our hired jeep! A special mention must be made of Anna, Marvin, Megan and Gilbert, who were always there for anything that we needed.
We really enjoyed seeing Gregor, the owner, again and catching up with him and hearing of his future plans for the resort. We also met his lovely wife, Sandra, this time round and their 2 sweet children.
We wish Secret Bay all the success in the future and we look forward to seeing them again next year!!
- Also Known As:
- Secret Bay Hotel Portsmouth
- Secret Bay Hotel
- Secret Bay Dominica/Portsmouth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the unspoilt nature island of Dominica, Secret Bay offers sustainable luxury villas and bungalows and is the perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or the secluded holiday of a lifetime. Situated on a cliff-top overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Secret Bay is unique in its diversity: two beaches, the magical Cario River, a spectacular sea cave and two distinct micro-climates. Secret Bay is becoming known as one of the best boutique resorts in the Caribbean - and indeed the world - for honeymoons, anniversaries, small family escapes and adventure vacations. In 2012 Secret Bay was selected by Travel + Leisure as one of the top 50 new hotels in the world, and by The Knot as one of the top 50 honeymoon destinations in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and EasyToBook so you can book your Secret Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.