“Great food with quick and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Drybrook
“Great food with quick and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've been to Sophia's twice recently, both times as part of a group booking. The restaurant is newly opened and, longer term, could benefit from some carpet and curtains to "soften" the appearance but the food, friendliness and lovely atomsphere more than make up for this. We have just made another booking and are looking forward to another excellent meal. Congratulations to Sophia's for creating a really great restaurant that will, I'm sure, go from strength to strength.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Stick to the pizza and take a travel rug”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

So cold and draughty (especially whenever the street door was opened) I couldn't take my coat off all night. There seemed to be no heating and the kitchen / dining areas are open plan. Why the owner thinks anyone would want to spend an evening staring at stained tupperware boxes and chopping knives hanging on a fridge door is beyond me. The owner strolls between the tables relating his family history to the customers and interrupting their own conversations. Personally, when i go to a restaurant i want as little contact with the staff as possible. The chef took the liberty of pouring gravy over my meal whether I wanted it or not, which was irritating because I didn't, and there was no English mint sauce, mash or chips on offer. Too many onions in the mushroom starter, roast potatoes are NOT improved with the addition of herbs, and the fruit crumble was really very poor. To top it all, they got our order wrong! On the other hand, I should add that my friends, who chose from the pizza menu, did enjoy their meal very much and were interested to hear about the owner's future business plans.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Food !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Myself and my partner visited Sophia's recently after hearing that they offer a Gluten free Pizza.
Although being early on in the evening everything was running smooth and we was looked after by the staff with excellent service,complementary olives and a friendly attitude.
The food was fantastic and there was lots to choose from, I went for a fantastic pizza with wild boar and slow roast lamb topping :-)
I can not fault the food or the staff in anyway, EXCELLENT !!!

Please note they offer way more than just Pizza's..... I was just in a pizza mood . Hope to return soon for a steak .

Glos
“Gluten free pizzaaaaaaa!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Oh at last - pizza places are doing gluten free bases. Pizza Hut has just launched gluten free too but i recommend Sophia's now. More authentic and more home-made and the toppings are a bit different. You dont get wild boar pizza in The Hut! Many gluten free products are like tasteless cardboard but not here. The texture and taste was slightly wholemeal and nutty with a crunchy crust. Big too - i had to take 2 pieces home with me. The home-made cider was not fizzy but more like apple juice - NICE!
Its currently only got 6 tables but in nxt few wks they are opening up another side with a full bar, more tables and a relaxing sofa area. Cinderford needs this place and so do i! Thanks Sophia's. x

• Visited October 2012
Cinderford, United Kingdom
“Just what I needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

After feeling too poorly to go out for a birthday meal someone suggested I have a pizza from Sophia's. After a quick response on FB I decided upon a Sophia's Special with added jalapeños. After dispatching my father to collect for me I was pleased to hear that my pizza was fresh from the fires. It was absolutely gorgeous, loaded with toppings. Even more delightful was the fact that nestled in the box were some mozzarella sticks and the best chilli sauce I've ever had! I will be having many more visits in future... Only thing which could improve would be some cuts in the pizza as this was difficult to piece up.

• Visited October 2012