“Great hotel, excellent price.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhoose
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, excellent price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We booked this hotel the night before we flew to Cyprus. It cost us £69 for 2 Adults and 1 Child for 1 night, breakfast, parking for the week and transfers to and from the airport. What a bargain. It is very close to airport and we watched planes landing and taking off but due to the excellent glazing there was no noise in room. Also a plus point for those who need it this hotel has smoking rooms! a rarity these days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything from arriving to the hotel to getting picked up from the hotel after your holidays has been hassle free. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future and thank you again.
Deputy GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Herts, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stopped here twice when on business in Cardiff. Very good value for money, both times have had a room overlooking the apron and runway which is geek heaven for me! Friendly staff and considering the food in the bar is nuked its not bad..
Would recommend it to anyone on business or flying out of Cardiff.

• Stayed June 2013
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your second review here on tripadvisor, I am glad that we are the hotel of choice for you and we can accomodate your love for airports, Thank you so much for your loyalty and I hope we will be able to welkcome you back in the near future.

Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked the Holiday Inn for our return flight as we would not land until 3am. We had a good deal for room & parking for 1 week at £60. When we arrived a mini bus dropped us to the airport, service was really quick and efficient. On return the bus came to pick us up as soon as we rang reception so we weren't stuck waiting in the rain for too long! When we arrived they offered us to help ourselves to a light breakfast where we ate plenty of toast & croissants! My boyfriend went back for a fry up that morning too! The room and ensuite were really nice..only problem I had was finding a plug near the mirror to do my hair! Seeing as the hotel is located literally on the airport we could not hear a thing! Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Emma,

Thank you so much for your great review here on tripadvisor. I am very happy to read that all facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction and hassle free. I am glad that you will choose us again for your next accomodation needs and I hope your next stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Tavistock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We used this hotel for one night on returning from our holiday via Cardiff airport as our flight was due in near midnight . We also took advantage of the car parking facility they provide when you make a room booking. The service provided is very good and includes free transfer to/from the airport and a complementary breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable and we all had a great night's sleep. Well done to all the staff!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and everything was hassle free for you. I am sure the team will be thrilled to read your comments. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Buckley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I booked 7 family rooms for a junior netball team who were travelling from North Wales for a tournament. We normally stay in the HI Express at Newport but as this event was originally meant to be in RAF St Athan this hotel was ideally situated. The event was moved to Cardiff city centre but this hotel was still only a 20 minute drive away and at £43 per room per night offered excellent value for money.
Sat nav directions left us short of the hotel with no obvious road signs but a call to one of our party already in the hotel set us in the right direction
As the families were travelling separately I emailed the hotel details of who was in each room. Check in was smooth, but despite my email each room was only set up for two people, soon remedied however by a quick visit from housekeeping to make up the sofa beds. Rooms are a good size and clean. A nice touch was the purple light in the bathroom which could be left on at night to prevent stumbling around in the dark.
There was another group of netballers occupying 23 rooms that weekend and the social space around the reception/bar area was well used but easily accommodated us all.
Several in our party ordered food from the hotel on the Friday night, they said it was adequate but not great. Others ordered takeaways from the information supplied by the hotel.
I always enjoy a HI breakfast, A good selection of cereals, pastries, juices and hot beverages.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It would be great if you could get in touch with me via e-mail under deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk to tell me with whom you were liasing regarding the rooming list. The information would be very handy for future bookings. I am glad that you liked our breakfast and I hope we will be the hotel of choice for your next stay.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed for one night before having a meeting at the airport.
Rooms basic but clean, pillows have a selection of hard or soft.
Soap from a squeezy bottle on wall in bathroom.
Food available in the evening but pretty basic. My veg was really hard.
Breakfast again basic with powered scrambled egg and sausages. Oranage juice vey watery.
Wi fi available free for 30 minutes then chargeable. I paid £1.50 for additional 30 minutes. This really bugs me when most hotels offer this free.
Booked on web and got a reduced price. Would not like to pay full price.

Room Tip: Book on web to get reducd price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments here on tripadvisor. I am sorry that our complimentary breakfast buffet has not been to your satisfaction. We do offer a wide range of pastries, cereals, muffins, yoghurts, fruit and sliced cheeses as addition to the hot options scrambled eggs, beans and sausages and I am veryy sorry that you have not found anything to your liking. We have recently changed our evening dinner menu and I hope on your next stay you will see a difference in items offered. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Pembroke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here one night with parking before we had a flight, rooms was modern and comfy, was over looking over the airport did not hear any noise, had a nice breakfast before we went and caught the mini bus from outside the door, when we came back from our holiday we could have phoned the hotel for the mini bus, but it's so close we walked over to get our car and drove off will use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words here on tripadvisor. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your pre holiday stay with us and that everything ran smoothly and hassle free. Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Deputy GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!