This was my second time at Plum Tree. I was there with a friend in 2010 but this time my husband & (adult) kids came. One improvement that we REALLY appreciated was the free Internet access! It really helped us to book our many adventures.
The housekeeping staff were great. In fact, I declined their services on many days. We had a couple of minor repair issues but they were dealt with pronto! Another improvement while we were there was the installation of a hair dryer in the bedroom. Next time we won't have to pack one.
I take exception to some of the comments & ratings I read; so that prompted me to address them so that potential guests are not influenced by what they said. Here they are:
1. Someone complained about not enough toilet paper. Did they mention that to the staff? If they had, they would have been given as many rolls as they wanted!
2. Someone said that it was miles from the beach but that they provided a free shuttle service 4 times a day. The latter part is true but the statement is misleading. The shuttle goes to & from Accra Beach but there are MANY other beaches less than a 5 minute walk away. We actually preferred them to Accra which is more touristy.
3. The kitchen was adequately supplied & we had no problem making meals for 4 adults.
4. Yes, air conditioning is only supplied in the bedroom but we turned it off as soon as we arrived & didn't use it at all in the 3 weeks we were there.
5. TV. Can't comment because we never even turned it on. We didn't go to Barbados to watch TV!
6. There IS a restaurant ("Birdie's") on site. We went there a couple of times but preferred to explore other restaurants. Our favourite was "Sharkie's" which was just a short walk. Make reservations though! We found other restaurants within easy walking distance as well, like "Club Carib".
Those are just a few things that were mentioned that I found unfair & misleading. The ONLY problem (inconvenience) we had was with the tokens we bought to do laundry. There are 2 types & the ones that were sold to us worked in the washing machine but not in the dryer. The office was closed & the night guard didn't have any on hand. Solution: we draped our damp laundry over the furniture in the rooms. Problem solved. Suggestion: Give the night guards tokens to sell or exchange. By the way, said guards were extremely personable, especially Robert Best who I had met in 2010.
My daughter & I really enjoyed the Aqua Yoga classes offered by Penny twice a week -- once at the Plum Tree pool; the other at the pool just next door.
My husband bought a week's membership to golf. I joined him once when there was absolutely no one else on the entire course. I found the green fees & clubs rental quite steep for the occasional golfer, as I am. It was fun to see an entire clan of green monkeys at the 4th green & the 5th tee!
Suggestion: Reduce the membership rate & make it more flexible so that it doesn't have to be for 7 consecutive days and reduce the price for a guest of a member. I strongly believe that your course would be busier & more profitable. Birdie's restaurant (the '19th hole') would benefit immensely as well!
Just one more comment: There's a safe in the bedroom but there is a fee of about $1.25 per day to use it. Every where else I have been the use of the safe was included. In the end we decided that the peace of mind it gave it was worth it but I still think charging for it wasn't very classy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plum Tree Club has a total of 40 self-contained apartments grouped around its own swimming pool, car park facilities and beautifully landscaped gardens. The apartments feature full kitchens, cable television, air conditioned bedrooms and pull out sleep sofas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockley Plum Tree Club Hotel Worthing
- Rockley Plum Tree Hotel
- Plum Tree Club On Rockley Golf Course Barbados/Worthing