“Alison S” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course

Save Saved
You added Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course to your Saves list
Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Rockley Golf & Country Club | P.O. Box 74W, Worthing, Barbados (Formerly Rockley Plum Tree Club)   |
Special Rate
$84 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 2 Worthing B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Alison S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my first time at the Rockley Golf Club Appartments and what a wonderful experience. The complex is peaceful, staff very friendly and rooms clean with a fully functional kitchen. It was just a blessing to wake up and be able to sit on the balcony, read and enjoy a cup of tea. I actually saw a few monkeys running from tree to tree. I don't normally swim in pools, I usually wait until I get to the beach but the pool was one of the nicest I've seen to date so I had to take a dip. There is a shuttle service that takes you to the beach and back (or you can walk, it takes about 15 minutes) and other shuttle service from the local supermarket that will take you back to the Rockley Appartments. Robert the secruity guard really looked out for us and ensured that we were safe and knew the best routes for getting around the island. I will certainly be back next year.

Room Tip: The appartments around the pool have a good view and it's just as quiet as the appartments at th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

It is quiet and clean and rooms fully equip for cooking but there is no onsite resturant facility. The office does not open before 9am and emergency # does not respond. It is good for golfing enthusists but not if you want a get away from the rigors of every day life cooking, washing etc. I was not pleased to discover that the resturant did not function as was previously indicated in the website.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
plumtreeclub, General Manager at Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
As always, we appreciate that our guests have taken the time to post a review about their stay at Plum Tree Club!
We do apologise if you were unable to get through on the emergency number; however, we also have a security guard on property when the office is closed to assist guests in the case of emergency. I trust he was able to help you with your problem.
There seems to be some discrepancy with the information in your review about the restaurant on the Golf Course. Birdies Restaurant has been open for business for the past year and many of our guests enjoy meals there. Although the restaurant is not operated by Plum Tree Club, we always encourage our guests to pay them a visit for a meal as they are close by and convenient.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have stayed at Plumtree 4 times now over the years. It never fails to please us. It is a lovely quite Oasis on the 9 hole Rockley Golf Course. The apartments are not 5 star luxury but are clean and have all you need for a relaxing self catering vacation. The staff are wonderful nothing is ever too much trouble. The pool area is just perfect and never too busy. There is a shuttle bus that takes you down to the beach and back 4 times a day. Humming birds can be seen flying in and out of the bushes and monkeys running across the golf course.The Rockley Golf course has a small restaurant which serves great value meals. The pies are to die for. All in all we totally recommend Plumtree if you want relaxing affordable clean accommodation with no frills with friendly staff. PS take a hairdryer, although they do provide one if you request it, but there is nothing like your own hairdryer.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are equally good, depends whether you like to be near the pool or overlooking the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sanfernando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had the most important people in my life on this vacation, my wife ,my son , my mother an my father in law, it was just the perfect place to relax an enjoy the peace n quiet, lovely swimming pool great staff , just enough to kick back an relax ,every one had a time . i would return there any chance i got,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We love Plum tree club and have been visiting since 1989 when it was formerly part of a hotel.
The resort is lovely and quiet with nice views across the golf course . Even at a "busy" time of year we have rarely had to share the pool with more than one or two other couples or families.

The staff are wonderful and friendly and will do all they can to ensure you have a pleasant stay .
Everything runs on "bajan" time ( i.e. slowly) but that is part of island life and you will either love it or not.
The accomodation is pleasant whilst basic , and is certainly sufficient for the kind of outside lifestyle we lead while there. The beach is only a short walk away although a shuttle bus is provided . We will be returning again soon :) We can certainly recommend this resort if you want no-frills tranquility . Our only comment is please guys when are you going to install a bar ?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at Plumtree Apt 703 in August 2012. Where do I start..... the staff - Plumtree Staff should all be given awards for their customer care. They are a credit to Barbados Tourist Industry, from the always smiling domestic staff who take great care of the rooms at all times, and most of the time at my convenience. The ladies in Reception always greeted you with a smile and a solution to whatever brought you into the office. Andrew the general handyman, Robert the security guard and the gardener who kept the grounds spotless. We always tried to get up and be out on the patio to enjoy the birdsong before Robert but never made it, and some mornings we were up at 6:00am, but Robert was already out with his rake, clearing the grounds of any fallen leaves and taking brown leaves from the many palms and other trees dotted around. These are the people that make Plumtree special by making you feel at home.

Now ..... the accommodation. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with 2 children. The bedroom had a king size bed with AC. Me and the children slept comfortably in this room most nights. The living room had a sofa bed, which we also used when relatives slept over. This again was most comfortable. There was a television with access to cable channels which we rarely used, as the children would spend most of their time by the pool, and I spent most of my time on the patio which opened to beautiful grounds closed to the road by trees and hedges.

The kitchen was well equipped with a full stove and oven, microwave, coffee machine and a selection of cooking pots, pans as well as the basic items.

With 2 children to care for, having the laundry facilities on the complex made things so easy. Just get coins from Reception, youcan even buy soap powder from the office. The machines were well maintained and the facility always clean.

I rented a car so never had the opportunity to use the Accra Beach shuttle although younger members of my family had used it on more than one occassion and assured me it was reliable.

With so much to do in Barbados, I also never had the chance to visit the Club House at Pllumtree, but as I was so impressed by what I did see, I shall be back to visit the Club House sometime sooooooonnnn....

My only disappointment was not having wi-fi!!!!! The signal was so bad that there were times when we would walk around outside trying to pick up a signal..............but this would not prevent me from coming back because for any Bajan living outside Barbados, PLUMTREE is the place to be when you return!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Plumtree is a nice resort, quiet, with free WI-FI and a nice pool. Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with evening security. For some reason all incoming calls are routed through the office or security. So if they don’t answer, you cannot receive any calls. Outgoing calls are free.

Our unit had a small but full equipped kitchen. There is a grocery store nearby with a free shuttle back to the resort if you walk there or take a taxi. You will need a car to fully be able to get around or be prepared to taxi rides. Local buses don't run nearby, so it's a little bit of a walk, but feasible.

The living area is large, but no air conditioning. Ask for a unit on the second floor, so you can keep the windows open at night, as the air condition is only in the bedroom, and only works with the bedroom door closed. The sofa bed was comfortable, but along the wall as the same side as the T.V. which made watching it difficult.

We had a front and back balcony, which was nice.
I imagine that it would be better enjoyed if we played golf, as it is on a golf course. But all in all, we would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit on the second floor, so you can keep the windows open at night, as the air condition...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course? Share your experiences!