Stayed at Plumtree Apt 703 in August 2012. Where do I start..... the staff - Plumtree Staff should all be given awards for their customer care. They are a credit to Barbados Tourist Industry, from the always smiling domestic staff who take great care of the rooms at all times, and most of the time at my convenience. The ladies in Reception always greeted you with a smile and a solution to whatever brought you into the office. Andrew the general handyman, Robert the security guard and the gardener who kept the grounds spotless. We always tried to get up and be out on the patio to enjoy the birdsong before Robert but never made it, and some mornings we were up at 6:00am, but Robert was already out with his rake, clearing the grounds of any fallen leaves and taking brown leaves from the many palms and other trees dotted around. These are the people that make Plumtree special by making you feel at home.
Now ..... the accommodation. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with 2 children. The bedroom had a king size bed with AC. Me and the children slept comfortably in this room most nights. The living room had a sofa bed, which we also used when relatives slept over. This again was most comfortable. There was a television with access to cable channels which we rarely used, as the children would spend most of their time by the pool, and I spent most of my time on the patio which opened to beautiful grounds closed to the road by trees and hedges.
The kitchen was well equipped with a full stove and oven, microwave, coffee machine and a selection of cooking pots, pans as well as the basic items.
With 2 children to care for, having the laundry facilities on the complex made things so easy. Just get coins from Reception, youcan even buy soap powder from the office. The machines were well maintained and the facility always clean.
I rented a car so never had the opportunity to use the Accra Beach shuttle although younger members of my family had used it on more than one occassion and assured me it was reliable.
With so much to do in Barbados, I also never had the chance to visit the Club House at Pllumtree, but as I was so impressed by what I did see, I shall be back to visit the Club House sometime sooooooonnnn....
My only disappointment was not having wi-fi!!!!! The signal was so bad that there were times when we would walk around outside trying to pick up a signal..............but this would not prevent me from coming back because for any Bajan living outside Barbados, PLUMTREE is the place to be when you return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plum Tree Club has a total of 40 self-contained apartments grouped around its own swimming pool, car park facilities and beautifully landscaped gardens. The apartments feature full kitchens, cable television, air conditioned bedrooms and pull out sleep sofas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Regatta Hotels, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockley Plum Tree Club Hotel Worthing
- Rockley Plum Tree Hotel
- Plum Tree Club On Rockley Golf Course Barbados/Worthing