“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Worthing Main Road, Worthing, Barbados   |
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I just returned from Barbados and stayed at the Worthing Court hotel for 5 days. It was a very nice stay. My mom and I stayed here and had a great time. It is a very relaxed hotel, as you really don't have any real activity to do on site. However, the fact that they had a pool made it great, as I pretty much swam for most days. The staff at the hotel was easy to talk to and it helped alot. Joy in the restaurant was great and we enjoyed the breakfast that was being served (except the orange drink was way too sweet). Muriel, Lance, Chris, Zendor and Tracia at the front desk was helpful with answering my questions etc and Tracia the housekeeper was friendly.

We went out and saw Bridgetown one day and went to Oistins fish fry on Friday, which was pretty good. The only issue we had was with a tour we booked before we arrived (which had nothing to do with the hotel). Glory Tours canceled our trip and did not even contact us. We waited over half hour for our pick up, until we called and heard the tour was canceled due to rain. It was a light shower............

We had a great time in Barbados and will definitely visit again and stay at Worthing Court Hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Although I went to Worthing Court to see Alicia , at Tropical Weddings for a wedding cake( I'll talk about that in a sec) I was quite surprized at all of the work they have done at the Hotel.It is an intimate, boutique hotel nestled across the street from Worthing Beach. I has a soft pastel
look to the hotel with clean lines.Somewhat sophisticated yet friendly.Family owned it has a charm that you would get as if you knew evryone there.The rooms are bright and fresh, with lots of sun.It is close to shopping and right on the main coast road, so a quick trip the famous St.Lawerence Gap is just minutes away.Anyway , I went to Alicia to find a wedding cake for my sister's wedding.I had a designed already in mind so she had her staff whip up and incredible three tiered cake. Each tier had three layers of alternating chocolate and vanilla cake with mint chocolate ganache' between each layer Her baker, Melba, custom designed the fondant of sea shells and star fish..yum yum..enjoy

Room Tip: when staying at a hotel on a main road, choose a room in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hands down my favorite hotel in Barbados.
Near the Big B Supermarket.
Close to Accra Beach
very clean rooms & a huge strong safe.
cleaning lady`s very friendly & got everything i needed .
jump on a bus to Oistins for a fresh Marlin dinner $ 15.00 BB
close to scotiabank & Ackee Tree Restaurant <==== yummy !
I will be back for sure !

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Worthing Court Apts was a good choice of location for a short but enjoyable weekend in Barbados. The staff at the front desk are responsive and pleasant. First impressions really count. I had a little hiccup when I had to change rooms; though I cleared out 3 hours before I needed to, when I got back in I had to wait about 1.5 hrs before I moved into my new room. 1.5 hrs after a tour is a long time, especially when my son and I needed to sit down to eat! The wait was sort of long for breakfast on mornings, but the food was good. Kitchen was well equipped, but maybe they could include a little dishwashing liquid so I don't need to get a whole bottle for my short stay. Location on the main road was good; walking distance to a good beach; banks and supermarket nearby also useful. Bus stop nearby too, so you can catch one from airport to there easily, or get staff to arrange a taxi. All in all, stay was good and I would return.

Room Tip: Stayed on ground floor: first night heard the traffic on road as my room was nearest to the front...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Before I start I have to say I have never been more looked after than by the manager Mrs. Alicia Farmer. The best theing about staying here is its location. If you want a prime spot for a 'real' experience of the island, stay here. If you want pampered 5* all-inclusive isolation, stay on the west coast. The down side for us - we experienced leaf-blower hell. The Bajan business community are obsessed! And non more so than the bank at the rear of the hotel. Alicia had an ongoing battle with them by letter, email, phone and even face-to-face with me present. It did have a positive effect but I'm not sure how long this will last.
This said the hotel is clean but tired, there is a pool and bar and they do their best with little business. Location, location, location, spot on.

Room Tip: By the road is probably best.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Chi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed here over the summer (August 2011) for a family wedding for one week. The hotel has apartment rooms, ours was a studio with a kitchenette enclosed in a "closet" area. The beds were actually two twin beds pushed together. I think that is the only suggestion for improvement that I can make, as they beds do come apart as you sleep at night :( . Our room had a balcony which faced the beautiful blue waters of Worthing Beach. (Beautiful beach by the way, very quiet, and literally across the street from the hotel.) The hotel staff were very friendly, especially Chris and Lancelot :) There is a woman named Joyce on the first floor who runs the amazing restaurant/ bar, (greaaaaattt food :) ). Within walking distance of the bank and a grocery store, and about 15-20 minutes away from the Gap. Nevertheless, I would definitely staff at this hotel again if I came to that end of Barbaodos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Laval
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great place, excellent staff, comfortable room and very clean. Nice to have the hospitality room for people having a late flight, there is also a shower. The restaurant is a hidden treasure. Non residents can also enjoy a meal, very good and inexpensive. 5 minute walk to Rockly Beach and buses stop in front. Easy access to Big B Grocery. For the price, it is one of the best choice in Barbados.

Room Tip: Be sure to try the restaurant. Rooms in the back block are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Worthing Court? Share your experiences!