TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, International, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ramallah
“Favorite Cafe in Palestine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I loved this place. The owner renovated part of the family home into a cafe. Great ambiance, they have a beautiful garden full of fruit trees (too cold to sit outside when I went but toured it) and inside super cozy, great decor. It was raining so I snuggled up next to the wood burning stove.

They make excellent coffee--bar none in Palestine. They also have a great bar (I've had their espresso martini--yum!) with a great selection of whiskeys, and really good food. I had the penne pesto (homemade) and it was divine. I haven't had the cakes and pies but my friends say they are dangerously delicious. I think it's the only place in Palestine with a confectioner making the sweets on their grounds (could be wrong on that).

Out of all the cafes, restaurants, bars I went to, by far my favorite place. If you order espresso, be sure the owner Saleh Totah makes it--he's serious about his espresso!

• Visited November 2011