TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Type: Breweries, Food & Drink
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“WHAT A BREW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I haven't visited the Taybeh Brewery in several years yet I have never stopped enjoying the fruits of their hard efforts to make simply a "delicious" product! I decided it had been far too long since I roller-coastered through those breathtaking views of the west bank to taste first hand the Golden Ale. I wasn't disappointed and after a wonderful tour and a brief visit with one of the owners, Nadim Khoury our whole entourage of 5 were bubbling in the history, craftsmanship and family atmosphere of Taybeh Brewery! It is a must when you visit Israel/Palestine. We were five from Richmond, Virginia and knew that the travel advisories to Palestine was not written by any one who had visited Palestine 1st hand. To be sure there are vilages to be avoided, but not this one. Close to Jerusalem and easy to get to, this trip was a highlight for our group. We are now fantasizing about coming for the October Beer Festival!!! Inshallah

Visited July 2013

Shanghai, China
21 attraction reviews
“Taybeh Brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

After a long trek across much of the West Bank earlier, it was a special moment for the group that I was with to come across Taybeh Brewery. After a great tour from Made Khoury, the owner's daughter, we enjoyed a great sampling produced. As a beer lover, I can only say that I look forward to the day the import and export restrictions are removed so that the worship world of hops, barley, and water can be kicked up a notch. Taybeh beer is amongst the best, and who could have guessed I would come across it in the West Bank near Ramallah. For any visitors to the area in the future, I strongly encourage you to visit the brewery operations yourself, order a Taybeh with dinner, or reach for one at home. Which reminds me. Write your local representative to allow for its import into your area. It is a product that should be enjoyed by all without the interference of politics.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing beer, lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The brewery is in a lovely setting atop a hillside in Taybeh village. Best way to get there is to take a servis from Ramallah, chances are they'll know where you're trying to go! Very welcoming people and a small range of merchandise on sale, as well as their beer. A really great brewery that deserves your support!

alovelydrop.blogspot.com

Visited August 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
13 attraction reviews
“Kind Employees, Great Beer, Hard to Find if You Take The Bus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I have been drinking Taybeh for months and we have been hoping to take the factory tour. While it was five shekels to take the bus from Ramallah, we were dropped off in front of the Latin Church with no clue how to get there. We asked a few people at the church and one girl, who wasn't even from Taybeh, offered to walk us, asking people along the way where the factory was. She even walked inside to make sure that people spoke English and could take care of us. Once there, we took the tour - five minute promotional video followed by a small tour of the factory as well as glasses of beer (my husband loves when we do these tours because he gets my beer too). We asked a number of questions and bought a bunch of souvenirs. It made my husband very happy and I really appreciated the kindness of the staff. If you're going to be in Ramallah, I would suggest taking a half a day to visit Taybeh, the brewery, and the St. George ruins.

Visited June 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“It is a Beer Factory in Palestine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Yes, that's true. Its a beer factory in Palestine but it isn't quite as special as others have insinuated. Sure its the greatest beer in Palestine but that's because its the only beer in Palestine.

I visited the Taybeh Beer factory in early October of 2012, just shortly before their annual Octoberfest celebration. A tour of the factory is exactly as you would expect a tour of a factory to be. The staff working in the factory are all mostly members of the same family, the Khoury family that own and run the factory. The beer itself is good but the message behind it is a little misleading. It doesn't have much to do with Taybeh as a village and as a community of Palestinians but rather an entrepreneurial venture by a family of Palestinian-Americans from Boston, known for its bar scene and breweries.

Their motto is "Taste the Revolution" but I have yet to determine what is their revolution.

Visited October 2012