Having read previous reviews about Oceania I had rather high expectations, but the reality was far better than I had imagined. It was utterly relaxing with everything taken care of, from the drinks in the mini bar to water sports on the beach. The hotel was immaculately clean and service was excellent. It was lovely to sit out on the terrace every evening with a bottle of wine and watch the sunset behind Mount Olympus and the fishing boats going in and out of the harbour. The rooms even had a clothes line on the terrace to dry your swimsuits - it's the little things like that that make a hotel really special.
We spent most of our time down at the beach as the sea was absolutely lovely to swim in, though I was stung by a jelly fish twice. If you sit to the left of the water sports area then you have to walk out on sand bags and swim about 20 feet to the sand bar to avoid the sea urchins, but to the right you can pretty much walk straight out. The water is beautifully clear as it is a blue flag beach and was warmer than the pool.
Every meal we had was delicious and the freshness of the food was outstanding. We ate at the Pelagos Greek tavern and Mahi Mahi restaurant, both were fantastic, but the Italian restaurant was always booked so if you want to eat there I recommend booking early. One thing that was surprising was that the hotel also included a meal out at Erodios, a traditional Greek restaurant in town which you can take the free shuttle to. The food was really good, but you have to eat from a set menu of 7 dishes and be warned - they bring you all 7 dishes, so make sure you’re hungry when you go. It was really more food than 2 people could eat but very delicious.
We used the gym quite regularly which was the best hotel gym I’ve ever seen, it had everything we could have wanted. The only down side to the spa was that it lacked a hot tub, which we were expecting, but after swimming all day in the sea we didn’t really need it in the end, just would have been nice to have. There is an indoor pool, but it isn’t heated. We walked into town on the Wednesday to visit the market and check out the church, both are worth a look.
We’ve never done an all inclusive holiday before, but if I were to do it again I would only do it the Oceania way where everyone and everything in the resort is all inclusive. It’s so much nicer than those resorts where you see some people walking around with wristbands and some things are included and other things aren’t. There’s a really nice peace of mind you get from going away and knowing exactly how much your holiday will cost and that everything you might need or want to do is already paid for. Oceania Club is the place to go if all you want from your holiday is relaxation and indulgence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ikos Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania Greece/Halkidiki - Nea Moudania