“Horrendous - Transferred to another hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Olympic Kosma
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hanioti 63085, Greece   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Hanioti
UK
“Horrendous - Transferred to another hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Stayed here about 9-10 years ago. I can honestly say it was the worst place ever. Rude staff, noisy drunks shouting and screaming and loud music blaring late in the night plus design of building like cell block H (hell) which amplified all noise. Shower broken. The location being fairly near the beach was the only positive. Holiday spoiled by this experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Olympic Kosma Hotel was the best choice and price! I 've been there with my friends. The hotel was just fine, clean, cozy and the most important it was just 2 min from the beach and from all the hot spots in the village. Our staying there was perfect and definitely we will go there again. Good price, good food and GOOD LOCATION!! Transport to other villages was very easy so we could combine everything- fun, beach, sun, food, excursions, sightseeing..
We had our best holidays ever and we are going there again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Stayed with my family , the place was shoddy, dirty , doors did not lock, showers running water stopped midway(rooms either side had same problem) air conditioner did not work food was inedible could not use pool after 7 pm (in case we disturbed hotel guests,but fireworks and owners private partying after 12 am was ok). This would have to be the worst hotel in the world. In the foyer it's all show but in the rooms is a negative 5 star. Don't be fooled by the positive reviews as I was. These are all put ups. All the Greeks that stayed there were horrified by the substandard accommodation and meals. Don't stay there you will be totally disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hanioti hotels

Nis, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

OK, will try to make it short but not sure if I can.

Hotel does not deserve 3 stars. 2 stars would fit better. Swiming pool is small (not more than 15m2). One said it's only for childreen. We were offered all-inclusive but as we saw the otel we said thanks, but no thanks. Brakfast was ok but still the same every day.
Hotel is on the south edge of Chanioti village and is close to a nice beach. However sun beds and umbrellas were more expensive than on other more beautiful beaches (it was the same price as on Sani Beach!!!)
Satelite TV was limited to 8 greek channels of which you could watch only 3 since picture on others were terrible. Air-condition works only if door and windows are complettely closed. When you open the door to get in or out AC switches off automatically and then you have to activate it again with remote control. Our room was just under the roof (they call it familly room 2+2) and it was not large enough that twio people can pass by each other but still with 4 beds. Imagine how it looks like when you bring you suitcases in.
Hotel stuff is very unpleasant except cleanning ladies who were very friendly. The room is cleaned daily and sheets are changed each 2 a week.
The worst thing happened at check out. We paid our room with credit card when we book this hotel on the internet (I will not mention the booking site to avoid advertisement) but when we wanted to check out lady at the reception (Margarita) told us that we have to pay. I explained that the room was alreay paid but she replied that our credit card was only used to validate our reservtaion and that it was not charged. I said that this not possible because I book rooms this way all the time and I know how it works but she was pretty tough refusing posibility that room is paid. So after some time I gave up and paid again. I would not do it normaly but my credit card is always charged with 30 days delay (benefit from my bank) so I could not check if money was taken or not.
Supprise happened when we got home and I received my credit card account listing. Of course I was charged on booking and ofcourse I was charged again on check out.
Immediatelly I tried to contact the hotel. Guess what - no one answwers the phone. I call my booking agency and asked them to take care about this issue and guess what - they are still trying to get in touch with someone from the hotel but with no success.
So all together this my worse 7 days in any hotel ever and it was the most expensive one at the same time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Our experience here was 9 years ago. Was unable to put correct date....

Have to agree with iliasGR i'm afraid to say. On arrival we found ants all over our bedroom, it is a shared balcony area,, it was loud, and generally dirty.

We got Thompsons to move us the very next day.......

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I loved both hotel and charming Hanioti village, and cant wait to come back to my favorite Greece!
Hotel is charming and quiet, with very friendly staff and unique atmosphere. Great luck for me also was that other guests were quiet and instead of drunk singing or screams I was enjoying birds singing and Greek melodies, playing at the bar.
Hotel is close to the sea. If you are adventurer like me you can also take a walk to nearest mountains :-). Souvenir stores are close, but not too close, so no extra noise will disturb you. Also I would like to mention that there are NO annoying sellers, who disturb you even when you are having rest on the beach, with attempt to sell you something. Even in crisis these people managed to keep their self dignity. They have a hard job, but they still remain welcoming and smiling to guests (and I have to say, I am often ashamed for some of Russian guests behavior)
Food in hotel is tasty and various (for 3 star hotel - if you want something more extraordinary, go to 4 or higher stars hotels)
Some of the staff speaks Russian, that is a big plus to those who travel first time from Russia. During my stay they also organized live music concert at the evening, performed by the staff, it was very lovely.
There is something in his place that makes you want to go back again. Hope to bring friends and family next time with me, to show them this lovely Greek hotel.

People! Go to Greece! Buy souvenirs, eat at Greek restaurants! Let`s help them to overcome crisis! :-) This country is heaven on Earth.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

The last good reviews are maybe from them or from some friends of them !!!!.
Never but nenever visit this hotel !!!!! 1 star is too much for this hotel and not 3 stars its a big lie !!!!
My pictures is not too much too saw you the quality of this hotel !!! ( -3stars !! )
So , dont trust good reviews !!! its beter to trust the old reviews they are right.
I am GREEK and i feel ashamed !!! We are not all the same!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Olympic Kosma? Share your experiences!