Just returned from a week in Grupotel Oasis and had a fantastic holiday! Our room was massive always very clean as was the rest of the hotel, lovely view and air conditioning was effective.
The food was lovely! Lots and lots of choice and freshly cooked meat and fish available every day. It is true that you have to occasionally queue to get into the dining room but firstly this was only for a few minutes (thankfully as I get grumpy when hungry!) and definitely depending on the time you chose to go in so we worked round it. I have seen that some people have called the dining experience caotic but this was not something we found and even if it was busy I never felt rushed to leave the table.
By far the best part of this hotel was the staff who are incredibly hard working, friendly, polite and helpful. We were particularly impressed with the restaurant staff who made sure that the busy dining room ran very efficiently. Reception staff answered any questions we had and we had no problems with the language barrier with the bar staff.
The hotel is definitely not child friendly (no water slides etc) and entertainment is limited, however this suited us perfectly and the bars in Portinax are easily accessible if you want evening entertainment. The beach was down a lot of steps but all information I read prior to the holiday stated that it was not ideal for people with mobility issues and therefore this didn't come as a shock to us.
Portinax itself was quite small with a few shops, bars and restaurants but getting to other town like Elvissa (Ibiza) was easy. Beaches were clean and there was the option to do water sports if you so wished.
Having paid for a 3 star hotel we weren't expecting amazing things but the Grupotel Oasis delivered and was everything we wanted and more! Would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly in front of the Portinatx beach. The beautiful setting offers the perfect combination of magnificent pinegroves and a breathtaking view of the idyllic Cala Portinatx beach. Located in a quite resort making it ideal for families and couples. Rooms: Sat-TV. Fridge. Ventilator. Balcony. Sport & Leisure: Three swimming pools, children's pool. Table tennis. Pool table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Lounge & pool bar. Services: Babysitting service. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grupotel Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Oasis Portinatx
- Grupotel Oasis Hotel Portinatx
- Grupotel Oasis Ibiza/Portinatx