“Excellent value, we left very happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marconfort El Greco Hotel

You added Marconfort El Greco Hotel to your Saves list
Marconfort El Greco Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Cala Portinatx s/n | San Juan, 07820 Portinatx, Sant Joan de Labritja, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Portinatx
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent value, we left very happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

It's been a long time since I've been able to afford a holiday got myself and my girls so when I booked this I had my fingers crossed it would be good. Thankfully I wasn't disappointed, the hotel is spotless, service excellent, I can see why people may complain about the children but the bar closes at 11pm personally I wouldn't be asleep before then anyway but I was never disturbed anyway.
I do think it is harsh blaming a hotel on children's behaviour when really it's upto the parents, one night I told a member of staff a child was climbing on the terrace he was quick to tell him to get down or he wouldn't be getting any ice creams the next day!!!. But ultimately this is the parents responsibility.
Food was good not 5 star but a good 3 star I never went hungry.
We had a car for a couple of days hired from the airport much cheaper than local hire but paying for a full tank unlike local hire so swings and roundabouts, anyway we got to see the whole island which I personally loved. Not being a sun worshipper this was a welcome break and kept us all happy as portinatx is quite small, visit the hippy markets, the girl cafe in saint juan, Ibiza town etc is well worth it but if you catch the bus only €2.60 into Ibiza town. If we hadn't done this I think us personally would have got bored, the girls loved the waterpark as did I much more than the poolside but like me they like to explore. All in all was a brilliant holiday and I would definitely go back. If I was in portinatx again I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the end of may for 10 nights with my husband, and daughters aged 7 and 15 months. Short flight from newcastle, and very short transfer time to hotel. Hotel was quite busy when we were there, and the pool was always very busy so we didnt even bother trying to get a sunbed there. we went to the beach every day and paid 5euros per bed, per day, but bought a parasol from the local shop. The beach is very clean, and the sea is beautiful, if a bit cold, and we hired a pedalo which was fun!
The rooms are very clean, and cleaned every day, and small, but very sufficient. Shower head could of done with being changed, and was a bit awkward to swith on due to the position of the bath and the shower screen, but not a major problem.
Restaurant was always very busy and if you dont get there for opening times, apart from breakfast, sometimes you may have to queue. The restaurant always looked manic and I think that is due to the fact that there is not a lot of space around the tables and the space between the food and the tables is very small, so a very tight squeeze. The food was excellent, different meat every night, fresh fish and freshly cooked pizzas and pasta. Fresh salads, fruit and puddings, cant fault the food, there was something for everyone, one thing I did notice is that there were brussell sprouts served everyday!!!
There are a few steep steps and we had to lift the buggy up and down everyyday, and i didi see people there with walking sticks, it didnt bother us, as I'd read the reviews so knew what to expect.
There are a nice few local shops and bars, and a lovely little park nearby. Theres also a hotel run kids club and it always seemed busy although we did't go there.
The only gripe I had was that the all inclusive 'alcoholic' drinks didnt appear to have any alcohol in them! not that I wanted to get drunk, but after a few Malibu's I would expect to be a little tipsy...not a thing!! we ended up going to the local 'Booze Buster' for Vodka and had a few drinks on the balcony.
All in all a good holiday, very clean, food lovely, great beach...would I go back? not with young kids as I like the Holiday Villages, and this is not anything like that, but i wasnt expecting it to be, so wasnt disappointed!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

went for 7 days, arrived in very early hours of morning, reception where good and explained our room was on the lower ground floor - the room was fine although we had no view and as we were on the lower floor it was really cold and not in easy access to the lift which we needed.

I asked the reception the next morning if we could be reallocated a room and we they were able to do we switched to a ground floor the room which was located behind the wifi/reception area - this did worry me with the sound but we were fine and couldnt be happier - only negative I would say about the rooms is they do not have heating which may be a problem if the weather is not good also all the corridors only have a small strip of carpet onto of marble type floors so the sound proofing is not good loud children or guests dragging suitcases up and down them late at night it can disturb you the hotel could fix this by better flooring in the corridors to sound proof.

The hotel itself was very clean, we found all the staff very good and really helpfull the water park was very good - it did close all day on a Saturday which did disappoint us, you have the usual game around the swimming pool with the sun beds, other guests rather selfishly reserve beds with towels, dissappear all day and do not use them - Why!

The food was good, plenty to eat dont really see how some people say they struggled to find something as I always found plenty to pick from including a fish dishes, meat dishes, pasta lots of salad rather yummy puds and fruit/ice cream - I loved the fresh warm breads and rolls too!

Drinks were available although I did find them not quiet as strong as we are used to in the UK the beer was like shandy to us. The soft drinks and ices where good through out the day and it was a nice restfull place to stay, didnt really bother much with the evening entertainment we liged to walk around the bay and beach. Portinatx itself is a very small resort a few shops and a limited bus service to Ibiza town - nice place to unwind.

Would l stay at this hotel again - yes but only for a week as we had covered most things to do

Room Tip: if you are allocated a room not to your liking speak to reception as they may be able to change swap...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
warwickshire uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel for about 6 years running now and enjoy it there every year. Yes the previous reviews about unruly children are true but I can't see how the hotel can improve on this with the amount of children that stay there.
As with the food. The breakfasts are, in my opinion, great. Lunch and evening meal was also good. Food was always hot and varied. A little too varied some nights as you had lasagna with bussel sprouts being the only veg option. There was also a new option in the show cooking area this year with a chef offering cooked meats off the bone and fajitas on 'Mexican' night.

One of the downsides to this hotel is the amount of people staying there. It gets very busy in the food area (by the way this is the only place you can get food so if you want to eat everybody has to go there as there are no poolside areas for food. Also you are not allowed to take food out of the restaurant).
Unfortunately the noise is a problem in this hotel. If you happen to be there if the weather is bad and the entertainment is inside you may be going to bed with a headache. Luckily we never stay for the entertainment as we go into the small town at night to some of the bars (delboys is good) so only had to endure the racket as we passed through.

As for people commenting about miserable staff, I will never understand these comments, I have stayed here for the past 6 years and yes, some of the staff are a bit 'plain faced' but they are always polite to talk to and always help out if asked. Try saying hello instead of judging these hard working people by their covers.

Another small niggle is with the sun lounger reservations. You will be lucky to get one by the pool if you get down there any time after 8:30. There are not nearly enough loungers for the hotel when it is full. Not a great problem as the beach is so close but if you don't like spending €15 for a parasol and 2loungers on the beach per day you will have to be up early.

Cleanliness of the hotel is second to none. Towels changed every day and beds made.

We will be staying there again next year. You get what you pay for. If you want a cheap hotel with nice food and clean surrounding then go there. By the way. Steps could be a problem for the less phisical and people with prams/very small children.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel from may 7th til may 21st and I so wish we had only stayed a week. Firstly I will say the hotel was clean , the staff were friendly and I personally thought the food was great. Now the bad points, my god the noise , I have to agree with other reviews , kids running riot and the corridors were so echoey that every sound of every person could be heard well into the night. We dropped a star rating and I have to say I will not be doing this again. Portinatx has lovely beaches but absolutely nothing else, the buses to ibiza and st eulalia leave early and you can only catch certain ones back so be careful. The hotel also has 43 steps to the pool so be warned and be ready to carry your pram. Do not go here if you are a couple , families yes it's great but cramped . The hotel is for families with 5 year old kids and upwards. We will not be going back but that's just us, we met lots of people that go back year after year. So each to their own!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nothing wrong with hotel at all, food is great and the male restaurant staff are friendlier thN the poker faced ladies in there. Pool area very crowded but beach on doorstep, which is fabulous. The prices attract some unruly families though. There were a lot of children left doing their own thing, being very noisy, especially at night running up corridors shouting and screaming with no thought for anyone already in bed, parents not even telling them to be quiet. Stayed 3-10 june, 4 adults and 2 well behaved children. Rooms are lovely and bright and clean. All in all we had a greag holiday but it was far too busy and noisy for us, wouldnt go back for that reason only.

Room Tip: Would be better to get a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Spalding, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

don't do mistakes, this hotel strictly not for young couples or friends, for this hotel is quet a high price... then we were last summer in this hotel, we made a mistake, around only families and seniors, this summer in June I bought 5stars hotel in Turkey Mamaris the hotel was even cheapest than El Greco and big difference between luxury...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marconfort El Greco Hotel? Share your experiences!