“A well kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Vacoas
“A well kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Not a very special restaurant or how the owner calls it a "Cafe" from the outside view for a first time customer or is it simply a well kept secret for the locals in a not yet too busy tourism area? We were a little uncertain on our first visit at Cafe Orca as it was a recommendation from friends, the first impression nothing special, however the food and service which followed was absolutely great - wonderful staff and delicious seafood. All dishes were prepared to perfection and most of all the food was perfectly seasoned and served hot! Two more visits the following days, we also love the place so close to the sea and will be back soon! A tip to the owner, please keep the waiting area a bit cozy and take reservations for lunch if people want to sit outside on your veranda, specially if your guests travel by plane from overseas to enjoy your seafood! Thanks and see you soon!

Visited May 2014

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“outstanding food, views and service and worth every cent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This restaurant never disappoints - in fact it seems to get better! Food was exceptionally well prepared. Grilled calamari heads, and lightly seared tuna for 2 of the party then mussels in a garlic,creamy, white wine sauce and swordfish for the other 2 Everything was delicious and the service extremely efficient and helpful. Add to this the divine view and relaxed atmosphere. We will be back!

• Visited August 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great food but very pricey!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I hadn't been for a while but visited today on the most perfect day to go to Melkbos. We love Cafe Orca but when I saw the prices (since we were last there) I was gobsmacked. I really do not mind paying for good , wholesome food but R99 for normal hake and chips is beyond ridiculous??? I had the special linefish of the day (yellowtail) which I couldn't fault...it was superb and my wife had the sole which she also enjoyed. Both were R129 which was already over my budget but admittedly was well worth it. I just feel the prices need to be seriously reviewed, especially the hake and chips which I am still finding hard to believe is R99. I will now only be able to visit occasionally as I simply cannot afford these over inflated prices.

• Visited August 2014
Cape Town
“Brilliant meal, views and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Beautiful day in Cape Town, my wife's birthday, we fancy seafood - so onto TripAdvisor and search for a new venue. We find Cafe Orca in Melkbosstrand, only about 25kms up along the West Coast. It's a Tuesday so not very busy, as we are seated at the window with the South Atlantic all before us just over Beach Road. Good wine selection - a chilled local white was requested. Food time, so I chose the silver fish and half portion of grilled calamari and my wife chose the sole with salad. Well, the food was served and we were amazed at the size of the portions - and hoped that it all tasted as good as it looked. It was delicious! So tasty, expertly cooked and backed up by oh-so-polite and discreet service. A most enjoyable seafood experience in a restaurant that we did not even know about, within less than half an hour's drive. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
“Sunday at the sea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

As usual, Orca did not disappoint. We had the seafood platter for two which provides ample variety and superb taste. The platters are served with vegetables and chips and quite filling. The platter includes squid, two types of line fish, prawns and muscles. Service was slightly slow today but our waitress was friendly and efficient. A great place for Sunday lunch, but come early as they are generally full and don't take bookings.